Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kale posted:

It still gets me that this or golf is usually what he chooses to do with his day.

Come to think of it I haven't heard of him golfing in a while. Is the weather down at Mar-A-Lago real bad or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha, I fell for that in this thread when posted then, because I read that as the REASON his post was deleted.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1071550290069880837

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Father_Wendigo/status/1071519061291556864

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Trump has an inherent need to know of any classified info- he could get it either way (although he’s too stupid to know that)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is bizarre how the new york fbi office thing was forgotten. before the election i remember reading about it being trumpland.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Trump has an inherent need to know of any classified info- he could get it either way (although he’s too stupid to know that)

they were leaking to rudy during the campaign.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

aircraft fuel is pretty different than just standard mogas, avgas for general aviation usually has lead in it still thanks to a million general aviation planes being old as gently caress. jet A is pretty close to kerosene

avgas is also quite literally orders of magnitude lower usage than cars/trucks, in '08 the US general aviation fleet used .14% of mogas consumption apparently (186 million vs ~172 billion)

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 9, 2018

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm surprised Donald never purged his old tweets, but I guess that would constitute an admission of error.

The orange fecal smear is incapable of discernible function. An alligator's brain is about the size of a shelled walnut, and yet an alligator's behavior is hugely more predictable and functional than that of the poo poo stain that is the current "president".

Good luck telling it how the delete button works.

Edit: Good taxes work.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 9, 2018

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is bizarre how the new york fbi office thing was forgotten. before the election i remember reading about it being trumpland.

they were leaking to rudy during the campaign.

A huge part of the reason that the Comey letter happened was that the NY FBI office had already leaked to Trump's campaign about the investigation "opening back up" into Clinton. Comey probably never would have said anything to anyone if they hadn't.(this is not to excuse Comey)

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Rudy's brain is a paper shredder for intel

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

theflyingorc posted:

A huge part of the reason that the Comey letter happened was that the NY FBI office had already leaked to Trump's campaign about the investigation "opening back up" into Clinton. Comey probably never would have said anything to anyone if they hadn't.(this is not to excuse Comey)

So, why did he even write his letter. He obviously knew it would be leaked.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

MickeyFinn posted:

It bothers me that “I didn’t know it was a crime” doesn’t work for poor people or people of color, but it does work for scummy, rich assholes.

THAT'S the motherfucker about all this: trump and his ilk are pissing and moaning about real, actual issues! It IS hard for the innocent to defend themselves in America's justice system, you CAN have your entire life destroyed for a crime you didn't commit, you CAN be forced to make a fake confession, all that stuff is very real and very serious...but not for motherfuckers like them! It's so loving infuriating and this planet is so lucky I can't set things on fire with my mind. Watching, in agonizingly slow real time, how much different the justice system is for the wealthy while they, for the very first time ever in their life, point out the flaws in our system that aren't effecting them in the least is loving galling.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lambert posted:

Oh man, I really want to talk about this, for sure. I'd love on today, of all days, to spend hours talking about James Comey

My point is that the NY FBI office being chudland is a huge huge problem

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Oh man, I really want to talk about this, for sure. I'd love on today, of all days, to spend hours talking about James Comey

Is this the type of problem that in a sane world would see them purged?

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Party Plane Jones posted:

aircraft fuel is pretty different than just standard mogas, avgas for general aviation usually has lead in it still thanks to a million general aviation planes being old as gently caress. jet A is pretty close to kerosene

avgas is also quite literally orders of magnitude lower usage than cars/trucks, in '08 the US general aviation fleet used .14% of mogas consumption apparently (186 million vs ~172 billion)

maybe I am misinterpreting, but france is primarily a diesel driving economy no? so the jet fuel exemption would be significant -- and regressive as gently caress -- as kero jet can be straight blended into diesel (ie only spec differences are sulfur and jet a additives afaik, probably slightly different cetane and flash points but immaterial I would suspect).

Brogeoisie fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 9, 2018

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lambert posted:

"He asked, as Comey answered Trey Gowdy's question in a partisan-fueled closed door committee meeting"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Hunt11 posted:

Is this the type of problem that in a sane world would see them purged?

They're members of a "nonpartisan" part of the government actively breaking information classification in order to benefit a specific political candidate, so yeah. Anybody participating should really obviously be fired.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I need a recipe for a drink called a Moscow Mueller....help?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lycus posted:

It is kinda funny that he's lauding the anti-Macron protests since Macron was his best friend a few months ago.

I just figure his predilection towards being petty about something overwhelms all other considerations most of the time. It's a very noticeable character trait of his. He quite literally just seems to in order of priority:

- Fling poo poo at people on twitter/Golf
- Go to rallies and photo-ops after national tragedies and disasters expecting to be applauded
- Nominate judges for McConnell to cram through the senate (Jeff Flake basically makes this impossible right now so he seems to be spending even more time flinging poo poo on twitter since November)
- Antagonize U.S allies with tariffs and reneging on trade deals Obama, Bush and Clinton made

And that's been his presidency after 2 years. He literally doesn't seem to do or care about anything else, which makes me wonder what he's going to run on for re-election other than more lies and bullshit.

Tayter Swift posted:

Come to think of it I haven't heard of him golfing in a while. Is the weather down at Mar-A-Lago real bad or what?

I figure they've probably been keeping it a little more on the down low. Supposedly he's spent at least 25% of his entire presidency to date on the golf course though. I honestly wonder what the breakdown of him watching Fox News and rage tweeting is though. I still think it has to be at least 25% as well, like it's without a doubt the defining part of the Trump Presidency and what people will remember most about it in 10-15 years.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 9, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

theflyingorc posted:

Nothing of any importance or relevance happened, so might as well talk about Comey.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cr0y posted:

Just do a regular moscow mule but replace the lime juice with orange juice.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

cr0y posted:

It’d need to be dry and drank from a container that doesn’t leak.

A Moscow trump needs some Crush orange soda in it and made with the cheapest vodka and served in a gold rimmed glass.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

It’s strange how much has just been forgotten with the constant dump of scandals. Anyone remember Nov 3 2016 when for some odd reason Dmitry Rybolovlev’s plane landed in rural NC for some odd reason at the same time Trump held a rally? Never had any reason and it only stayed for a single day.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

cr0y posted:

Somehow long delayed flambe'. Maybe involving an obvious slow-burn fuse.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The Moscow Mueller is what you drink when playing Minesweeper and doing nothing.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cr0y posted:

Ice water with a twizzler

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1071566534437421056

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

They're not wrong :shrug:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lambert posted:

The Moscow Mueller is what you drink when playing Minesweeper and doing nothing.

nah

i'm not sure they're correct to only be concerned about the base, but they may well be correct regarding the base

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

GreyjoyBastard posted:

nah

i'm not sure they're correct to only be concerned about the base, but they may well be correct regarding the base

They're correct in only being concerned about the base, because nothing will come of the Mueller investigation.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Even if it's correct that convincing the base is enough to avoid immediate consequences, convincing only the base isn't enough to win elections. 538 did an article on it--basically, Republicans have to convince people outside of their base to vote for them to win, whereas Democrats have to convince their base to vote at all to win.

Of course, "loses in 2020" is not the full extent of the consequences we want to happen but it's definitely not nothing.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Lambert posted:

They're correct in only being concerned about the base, because nothing will come of the Mueller investigation.

This sounds like a toxx, with a permaban attached to it.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

Things have already been a product of the investigation, you :matters: dingus.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lambert posted:

certainly a bold take the day after after Friday, December 7, 2018

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
How the gently caress am I supposed to know if Donny Trump is shrugging his pathetic frame under 4 inches of shoulder pad?

eke out posted:

Mr. Kelley. You know, Mr. Gowdy, we've agreed to be here to talk about the questions and decisions made and not made in connection with the investigation of Russia and Clinton's emails.
Mr. Gowdy. Yes.
Mr. Kelley. And we've been very patient, but why don't we get to the point instead of asking ridiculous questions about the definition --
Mr. Gowdy. The fact that you think it's ridiculous is of no consequence to me whatsoever, Mr. Kelley.
Mr. Kelley. I'm sure it's not.
This is wonderful legal fire. "Act like I give a gently caress what the outgoing Congressperson thinks."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So, a gay black furry wins some video game award and, because in his acceptance speech lauded the fact that he, a gay black furry, won such an award, caused Ian Miles Cheong and the conservatards to dig through SonicFox's tweets looking for anything remotely objectionable.
https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1071522793009889281
the best bit is where, SonicFox, who has never heard of Ian before, finds out why people call him the "ant man".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Since it's screenshot and I can't play the video, I have no idea what's objectionable.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Young Freud posted:

So, a gay black furry wins some video game award and, because in his acceptance speech lauded the fact that he, a gay black furry, won such an award, caused Ian Miles Cheong and the conservatards to dig through SonicFox's tweets looking for anything remotely objectionable.
https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1071522793009889281
the best bit is where, SonicFox, who has never heard of Ian before, finds out why people call him the "ant man".

First: this whole thing is 2018 as gently caress

Second: the chuds' transparent attempts to find something to pretend to be offended by is always disgusting to watch.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lycus posted:

Since it's screenshot and I can't play the video, I have no idea what's objectionable.

Someone making a pose after kicking a anti-abortion protester, I guess, but it wasn't SonicFox, who just made a snarky comment about it, so obviously that's the same as the act itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

D&D is intent to end 2018 by getting me to understand what the gently caress a SonicFox vs "ant man" twitter gamer feud is.