Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it sorta reminds me of how all the ladies went mad randy for rumplestiltskin on "once upon a time", a legendarily bad show, where he was the gross bad guy, played by robert carlyle (ADMITTEDLY FAMOUS DREAMBOAT)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

that's because women don't like ds9 for the war, they like it for the aliens being weird . the love of quark is, extremely strong, among the lady types

Yeah it’d be hosed op if aliens just looked like people and they weren’t readily identifiable as aliens. :thunk:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
women find quark hot and want to adopt odo. we're like this, just accept it :colbert:

writer 1: hmmm how are we going to make the audience interested in our show
writer 2: sex appeal
writer 1: how do we do that
writer 2: make sure the women are hot as hell and that the men are either greedy frog people in 80s clothes or fascist goth lizards

Pick fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 9, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

remember the alaimo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pick posted:

it sorta reminds me of how all the ladies went mad randy for rumplestiltskin on "once upon a time", a legendarily bad show, where he was the gross bad guy, played by robert carlyle (ADMITTEDLY FAMOUS DREAMBOAT)

lmao that's the show where Snow White aborted Maleficent's egg to make sure her daughter doesn't grow up to be an rear end in a top hat or something, but it didn't actually abort the egg it just sent it to another dimension where it hatched into a troubled teen

Christ that show was loving stupid and I still watched like five seasons of it. Also everyone kept refusing to actually hear what the price of magic was and then freaked out later when it was something big. Stop signing contracts without reading them you loving idiots

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

mycomancy posted:

There's something about DS9 that colors some peoples' views on it. I wonder what that could be...

Theres only 2 kinds of people: those who wanna gently caress Weyoun and those who wanna be him. The question is, which are u?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
My wife hates all things Trek. She did want Agent Mulder to stuff her good, though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

computer angel posted:

Theres only 2 kinds of people: those who wanna gently caress Weyoun and those who wanna be him. The question is, which are u?

which is weyoun

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I feel stupid because I just realized Jeffrey Combs also played Brunt

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

computer angel posted:

I feel stupid because I just realized Jeffrey Combs also played Brunt

if it's any consolation, alaimo didn't immediately either, a fact combs used to troll the gently caress out of him

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Pick posted:

if it's any consolation, alaimo didn't immediately either, a fact combs used to troll the gently caress out of him

ELABORATE

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pick posted:

women find quark hot and want to adopt odo. we're like this, just accept it :colbert:

weirdly accurate

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I suppose if I had choose sides I would rather be Weyoun, number seven to be specific.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

computer angel posted:

Weyoun is a clone, so it's not a mutually exclusive choice.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

HD DAD posted:

Voyager is the Trek you put on when you need to like, do dishes at the same time

There's coffee stains in that Nebula brand cup.

edit: oh poo poo, of course:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
im backing up all the important tumblrs with all of the important art that must be preserved forever

the backup doesn't retain the labels so I'm not sure who did these, i think snoozle but I'll check

naem
May 29, 2011

Aktchualky I dnot think that coffee trees can greow in a gaseous cloud in sapace

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pick posted:

im backing up all the important tumblrs with all of the important art that must be preserved forever

the backup doesn't retain the labels so I'm not sure who did these, i think snoozle but I'll check

Quizboy Quark isn't something I knew I needed.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

So now I am in the inenviable position of trying to talk about The Enemy Within. The first time I saw this episode it shocked me. I was very, very surprised that they would depict what was clearly an attempted rape on 1960's television. But somehow the rape scene is far less disturbing than the way everyone deals with it. Allowing the person accused of assaulting Janice Rand to be present while she was being questioned is mindboggling, even if he is the captain. And then Spock suggesting at the end of the episode that said accused was "intruiging" to Janice is just insane. A lot of TOS episodes didn't age well, but this one is really uncomfortable.

Obviously this episode goes on the list of episodes Rand gets harrassed in.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

naem posted:

Aktchualky I dnot think that coffee trees can greow in a gaseous cloud in sapace

ITS SPACE COFFEE

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Pick posted:

Billy Quarkboy holy poo poo :eyepop:

Please tell me there’s more

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pick posted:

gently caress you for reminding me that I have to wait another 10-12 years for season 8 of Venture Bros.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

pick pls keep posting tumblr art

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miss posted:

pick pls keep posting tumblr art

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

computer angel posted:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

computer angel posted:

Worf and Damar would disagree.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

sweet geek swag posted:

Worf and Damar would disagree.

gently caress and be respectively.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

computer angel posted:

gently caress and be respectively.

It is very very obvious who worf wanted to gently caress in that scene and it wasn't weyoun.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

holy moly

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Holy gently caress Weyoun and Brunt are the same actor? :psyduck:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah he played a lot of characters.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah but Weyoun and Brunt drat

VVV dunno who that is

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 9, 2018

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
And Shran

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
He also played this guy:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

yeah but Weyoun and Brunt drat

VVV dunno who that is

Shran is like 90% of what's good about ENT

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

simplefish posted:

Shran is the only thing that's good about ENT

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
Enterprise is fine. It's a shame that they never made another trek tv series after it ended.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Holy gently caress Weyoun and Brunt are the same actor? :psyduck:

And for what it's worth, the writers really wanted to have them meet in the one episode both characters appear in but just couldn't make it work.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And for what it's worth, the writers really wanted to have them meet in the one episode both characters appear in but just couldn't make it work.

The hard drives kept exploding from pure smugness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Sinding Johansson posted:

Enterprise is fine. It's a shame that they never made another trek tv series after it ended.
I prefer to wait until S2 of STD is over before such a bold claim is made.

Jeffrey Combs also played the alien pervert that wanted a sex program for the holodeck starring Kira Nerys. You had one job Quark, but you couldn't even do a simple holoscan of Kira.