Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
e: wrong thread

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

e: wrong thread

My sentiments exactly.

Things have.... taken a turn.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shifty Pony posted:

Get ready for the crossover episode then:

https://twitter.com/EMTShibe/status/1068712706486804480

2018, what a year.

:stare:

Well, okay then.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

rip Ernst Rohm

but not primitive communists with a dim awakening of proletariat class consciousness

edit: also, i forgot ernst rohm was a bit of a fatty, i think i confused my image of him with Slightly More Successful Nazi Rudolf Hess

was ernst rohm actually gay? i have heard historians say there isn't much evidence for it outside hitlers propoganda.

Tormented posted:

He's a huge rear end in a top hat. Must people don't know if your not part of the fgc that he is a super salty man-child with poor sportsmanship.

I'm okay with it though, at least he is pissing off chuds.

thats sadly doesn't surprise me. his twitter reads like someone who is like that. but i don't really care as long as he is just lovely toward chuds.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

cr0y posted:

I need a recipe for a drink called a Moscow Mueller....help?

A mix of orange crush and ginger beer on the top carefully poured over a whole lot of high-proof alcohol on the bottom, so nothing for a while, then all the proof hits you at once.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1071603644171251712
https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1071604728272957441
https://twitter.com/SarahBCalif/status/1071579560129421313

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

stillvisions posted:

A mix of orange crush and ginger beer on the top carefully poured over a whole lot of high-proof alcohol on the bottom, so nothing for a while, then all the proof hits you at once.

The problem is a drink riffing off of moscow makes you think of vodka, and vodka doesn't make for interesting drinks IMO. Maybe if moscow is switched up to something else and a more interesting liquor is used.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The NRA struggling to cope with the economic reality of no longer having a black man as President is some of my favorite schadenfreude this year.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's also run by grifters who are probably stealing everything not nailed down.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so wait, he and his wife had a bisexual thing with a pool boy? lol.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Scipiotik posted:

It's also run by grifters who are probably stealing everything not nailed down.

It’s gonna be a hoot to read the articles that spring forth when the NRA shuts down a chunk of their organization and their creditors figure out that they are missing half the assets they said they have. :allears:

If Vegas has odds on the video equipment used for NRA TV disappearing into the back of a cash-rented U-Haul van 3 days before it’s officially shuttered, I’d drop a hundred on the bet.

Edit:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

“Yeah uh, we met a pool boy and flew him around the country on a private jet because we really dug his plans for a Red Roof Inn, only cheaper and shittier. ” - Jerry Falwell Jr.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 9, 2018

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

There's no way a cuckoldry fetish wasn't involved. It's slam-it-in-my-veins level projection.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Easy Diff posted:

There's no way a cuckoldry fetish wasn't involved. It's slam-it-in-my-veins level projection.

i was gonna guess that but i felt like it was to obvious. how come all these anti LGBT fuckheads are fetish types.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This is an inversion of the old "politics makes strange bedfellows" saw.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Easy Diff posted:

Every loving time with these people! Every.loving.Time.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I can't help but think this is just alarmism from them to help them fundraise.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I won't believe the NRA is really in financial trouble until they start taxing gun makers for every mass shooting and those same companies go bankrupt. These are motherfuckers that make profit from each school shooting, political grifting and likely have Russian dark money funneled in on top of that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Doctor Butts posted:

I can't help but think this is just alarmism from them to help them fundraise.

there were some leaked docs a while back showing they were 20m in the red.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i was gonna guess that but i felt like it was to obvious. how come all these anti LGBT fuckheads are fetish types.

Because drat near everyone has a kink or fetish of some kind, even the people who pretend that having sexual interests beyond missionary for the sake of conception is a sin.

And—shocker!—repressing it only tends to make their expressions weirder when they do finally manifest.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The only way that this would be possible is if they leveraged themselves and took on so much debt that they wouldn't be able to pay it off if they declared bankruptcy and it wouldn't be worth it to even go through the process.

So...a distinct possibility they tried to grift too hard. :lol:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Because drat near everyone has a kink or fetish of some kind, even the people who pretend that having sexual interests beyond missionary for the sake of conception is a sin.
Yeah, and like, pro football coach Rex Ryan, turned out he had a foot fetish when someone found amateur vids on his computer.

They were his wife's feet, and the video was shot by him.

Like, that's actually a little :3:, and Rex Ryan is still coaching, nobody cares as long as you aren't hurting anyone and everyone's cool with it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lote posted:

The only way that this would be possible is if they leveraged themselves and took on so much debt that they wouldn't be able to pay it off if they declared bankruptcy and it wouldn't be worth it to even go through the process.

So...a distinct possibility they tried to grift too hard. :lol:

The fact that they started their own TV network is a pretty clear sign they were massively overreaching.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Fetishes are often related to taboo and transgression. So the conservatives love cuck and gay stuff because those are Real Bad. The progressives love BDSM because outside the dungeon we're real leery of people having power over each other.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Tormented posted:

He's a huge rear end in a top hat. Must people don't know if your not part of the fgc that he is a super salty man-child with poor sportsmanship.

I'm okay with it though, at least he is pissing off chuds.

A man who plays video games for hours everyday is a manchild.

Shocking. Truly shocking.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

On the one hand what Cuomo did* was almost certainly a NY political machine abuse of power but on the other the NRA has used its own bought and paid government minions to do orders of magnitude worse so gently caress-em.

*he essentially had the state insurance regulator tell insurance companies to stop covering the NRA or face having their entire underwriting methodology torn apart in deep investigations for ~reasons~ which could threaten their business licenses if anything turned up.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Ms Adequate posted:

Fetishes are often related to taboo and transgression. So the conservatives love cuck and gay stuff because those are Real Bad. The progressives love BDSM because outside the dungeon we're real leery of people having power over each other.

I think it is a little more along the lines of "you don't get to the level of spewing hate and vitriol like that unless you hate yourself for your sex kinks and are projecting that hate outwardly".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I won't believe the NRA is really in financial trouble until they start taxing gun makers for every mass shooting and those same companies go bankrupt. These are motherfuckers that make profit from each school shooting, political grifting and likely have Russian dark money funneled in on top of that.

It's worth noting that the NRA's chief messaging co-ordinator is Dana Loesch, who cut her teeth working for Glenn Beck, a man who once fleeced millions of dollars out of his followers with stunts like "My doctors say I will be blind within a year, please give me all of your so that I can see Ben Franklin's smiling face one last time before darkness takes me." Spoiler alert: it's been 8 years since the and Beck isn't remotely blind.

The NRA ceasing to exist is a wonderful dream, but I'll believe it when I see it. It's great for a laugh to watch them fake-cry in the meanwhile though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

And—shocker!—repressing it only tends to make their expressions weirder when they do finally manifest.

oh yeah, its just kinda funny when its a bigoted rear end in a top hat who acts hyper masculine.

Ms Adequate posted:

yeah, there is a point there.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Its pretty wild how 11 years ago when I found SA there was an intense hatred of Juggalos on the forums, and then in 2016 goons stood in solidarity with them when the FBI listed them as a criminal gang. Opinions change a lot in a decade, but I am glad all these groups are bonding over a hatred of fascism.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It's worth noting that the NRA's chief messaging co-ordinator is Dana Loesch, who cut her teeth working for Glenn Beck, a man who once fleeced millions of dollars out of his followers with stunts like "My doctors say I will be blind within a year, please give me all of your so that I can see Ben Franklin's smiling face one last time before darkness takes me." Spoiler alert: it's been 8 years since the and Beck isn't remotely blind.

The NRA ceasing to exist is a wonderful dream, but I'll believe it when I see it. It's great for a laugh to watch them fake-cry in the meanwhile though.

i think they probably are losing a ton of money though. mostly because they no longer care about appearing to be "moderate" and their willingness to say super awful poo poo doesn't help them any.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I was like "I thought this intimated pool boy threesome business broke a while ago," and sure enough that story is from May.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think they probably are losing a ton of money though. mostly because they no longer care about appearing to be "moderate" and their willingness to say super awful poo poo doesn't help them any.

yeah, the sort of people who share the NRA's current views don't really have the sort of money the NRA needs to not collapse in on itself.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Sorry to bring up furries again but I was on the "furries shoud be made fun of" wagon but a couple years ago they were one of the few subcultures that started purging Nazis from their spaces while normal people were still trying to jack off to their their tolerating Richard Spencer. That and I love fighting games and Sonic Fox is a beast, pardon the pun.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Niton posted:

yeah, the sort of people who share the NRA's current views don't really have the sort of money the NRA needs to not collapse in on itself.

It's like literally every conservative figure is either a grifter themselves or a stingy miser who won't drop money on anything but their own pet projects and the base is all going broke from medical bills and drug addictions, there's no money left for the fig-leafed grifts.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ZypherIM posted:

I think it is a little more along the lines of "you don't get to the level of spewing hate and vitriol like that unless you hate yourself for your sex kinks and are projecting that hate outwardly".

Yeah I think that's what translates it from having a kink to going on Fox and spewing santorum everywhere, I was more interpreting the question as "Why these particular 'interests''" rather than "Why are they raging"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of right-wingers lump basically any display of non-traditional sexuality and identity (and often very traditional ones) into 'obscenity', hence why considering acknowledging the existence of gay and trans people to be inherently unsafe for children even before you get into the bigotry. It's basically the good ol' Madonna-whore complex, there is a box for Good Wholesome People and a much more cramped box for everything else. (not that the Madonna-whore complex and boxes are necessarily exclusive to them, mind)

You're supposed to keep all that dirty stuff quiet and pretend you don't do it! (which of course segues nicely into routinely covering for sex offenders while also accusing all queer people of being or covering for sex crimes)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's like literally every conservative figure is either a grifter themselves or a stingy miser who won't drop money on anything but their own pet projects and the base is all going broke from medical bills and drug addictions, there's no money left for the fig-leafed grifts.

I dunno. Churches have been doing it forever. You always have people who will forgo buying their medication to give their last 10 bucks to a millionaire pastor on tv. The B and C listers come and go, mostly because they think they're much smarter than they are, but the A listers are really really good at it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tayter Swift posted:

Come to think of it I haven't heard of him golfing in a while. Is the weather down at Mar-A-Lago real bad or what?

Occasional drizzles and some clouds. Very dangerous conditions to be sure.

"I dress like a nazi, why do people hate me?"

Shifty Pony posted:

Get ready for the crossover episode then:

https://twitter.com/EMTShibe/status/1068712706486804480

2018, what a year.

So does this make him a juggalur? (jugaler)

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 9, 2018

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I mean back in the day there wasn't an obvious subset of weirdos who were also hurting people because the closest Nazis got to being bold enough to come out in the open were some KKK rallies a couple times a year and they pretty much make fun of themselves. Now we've got the Nazis and Nazi-adjacents and people who are kind of strange but aren't hurting anyone are refreshing potential allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Strange Poon posted:

Sorry to bring up furries again but I was on the "furries shoud be made fun of" wagon but a couple years ago they were one of the few subcultures that started purging Nazis from their spaces while normal people were still trying to jack off to their their tolerating Richard Spencer. That and I love fighting games and Sonic Fox is a beast, pardon the pun.

yeah it turns out furries and juggalos both practice considerably better ingroup policing than any major political party, making them worthy of our respect in a way the people who give clara jeffrey the time of day will never be