Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rex Tillerson could have just carried on being a big money oil billionaire and doing whatever the gently caress he wanted to do

but now he's the dumb, lazy guy who got fired on the toilet over twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

legendaryRev posted:

So I’m an old here, and haven’t posted in very long time. Not to make this too “life affirmation story” or anything like that, but this thread has probably saved me from some self- harm poo poo. I definitely keep up with politics, and it’s been a rough 2 years for me, because of reading blogs and turning to the basic reaction of gnashing teeth and wrending of cloths because of the shitshow that America has become. And then I found this thread, and my quality of life has increased significantly. My only regret is that I’ve hmboled so hard, that I miss my balls. But I have the solace of being able to view them from space from time to time, much like the ISS, and sometimes I can see Mercury and say to myself, “there’s Mercury and my balls, what a rich pageant we live.” So thank you, goons, for giving me some perspective. And also allowing my balls to be satellites, because life is so short. And also the acknowledgment that our president is indeed retarded. We

Welcome, friend. It’s all lols here on out

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I feel like we're entering the "so many crimes nobody can keep track of them all" phase of the Trump presidency.

I'm thinking of a scenario where the crimes are so blatant that there enough republicans in the Senate willing to join democrats in voting for Trump's removal, but Mitch McConnell refuses to bring it to a vote because "gently caress you I'm Mitch McConnell". But I don't know enough about Senate procedure to know if McConnell can do that.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I have a real loathing for Trump and all his ilk, but I gotta say it's just not the same as the fervent, sharp hatred I have for Mitch

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm thinking of a scenario where the crimes are so blatant that there enough republicans in the Senate willing to join democrats in voting for Trump's removal

lol at even assuming dems will vote to impeach

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blast of Confetti posted:

lol at even assuming dems will vote to impeach

Lol at the report becoming public?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol at the report becoming public?

I think the idea is that everything gets released as he goes,

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Powershift posted:

Rex Tillerson could have just carried on being a big money oil billionaire and doing whatever the gently caress he wanted to do

Wasn't he going to turn it down but his wife made him do it for good country or some poo poo.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Good: Patreon is deleting alt-right users of their site
Bad: Apparently Sargon of Akkad, not even the best of the alt-righters, was making $12k/month from Patreon :psyduck:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol. it's like t here's educated people, retards, and college retards preying on the retards. famous recipe no doubt

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

WhyteRyce posted:

Wasn't he going to turn it down but his wife made him do it for good country or some poo poo.

Hey, maybe she wanted to join Melania and get some primo Secret Service (dick) Sauce too.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Otacon posted:

"mr president, they invited you to flip the coin at kickoff before the game tonight"
"i've never done this before in my life, and you better be drat sure i won't practice it a few times beforehand because i'm the best at flipping coins"

Flipping should be illegal

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Powershift posted:

Dumb as a rock, and lazy as hell!

:sad:

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The differences between president Trump and president Benson have all but disappeared

https://youtu.be/5ERw5_Nng9Y

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1071525658470309888

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

legendaryRev posted:

So I’m an old here, and haven’t posted in very long time. Not to make this too “life affirmation story” or anything like that, but this thread has probably saved me from some self- harm poo poo. I definitely keep up with politics, and it’s been a rough 2 years for me, because of reading blogs and turning to the basic reaction of gnashing teeth and wrending of cloths because of the shitshow that America has become. And then I found this thread, and my quality of life has increased significantly. My only regret is that I’ve hmboled so hard, that I miss my balls. But I have the solace of being able to view them from space from time to time, much like the ISS, and sometimes I can see Mercury and say to myself, “there’s Mercury and my balls, what a rich pageant we live.” So thank you, goons, for giving me some perspective. And also allowing my balls to be satellites, because life is so short. And also the acknowledgment that our president is indeed retarded. We

You must have had some gigantic balls if you can see them all the way out there with the naked eye.

On topic:
It's early on Sunday morning here in the UK. I checked the newspaper headlines while I was doing errands. Absolutely nothing about the trouble Trump is in but that is understandable because our government is falling apart too. I'll check again later, it's prabably buried in the world news sections or it could be front page news by tomorrow.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
This thread is usually ahead of US cable news, you can't expect British newspapers whose deadlines are about midnight UK time to be carrying breaking stories about what Trupm hosed up this time

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Killer_B posted:

Hey, maybe she wanted to join Melania and get some primo Secret Service (dick) Sauce too.

Oh yeah that's right, a lol from a century ago in hell world. Melania stays at the trump tower NYC as much as she can, because she is (or was)getting plowed by the security manager of the Tiffany's store whenever trumpito is away.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

red19fire posted:

Oh yeah that's right, a lol from a century ago in hell world. Melania stays at the trump tower NYC as much as she can, because she is (or was)getting plowed by the security manager of the Tiffany's store whenever trumpito is away.

Which is weird because when he was in New York he was also plowing away at his Mexican maid, possibly producing a love child

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1071582984397078528
"and he would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling snot-nosed kids..."

:hmbol:
"People who graduated from law school should not practice law."

Not even some rando on fuckin' People's Court; no, actually spent the cash and sat through the bar, and has the legal certification to do the legal. And yet they still shouldn't be practicing law.

Wanna see John Kelly pull an absolute alpha move and just stay in office.
Then, when people come asking why he hasn't left yet, just say "The president has yet to fire me, and I'm not resigning"
The ultimate stony-face straight man :hmbol:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Jel Shaker posted:

Which is weird because when he was in New York he was also plowing away at his Mexican maid, possibly producing a love child

please, nothing that man will ever produce could possibly be described as a love child

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Haven't seen this posted in a while, for the few people who haven't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

nockturne fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 9, 2018

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Speaking of the UK: It's gotten so bad even BBC news anchors are ending their shows with stuff like "I'll see you at the same time next week, unless Theresa May appoints me as the next Brexit minister"

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

please, nothing that man will ever produce could possibly be described as a love child

One theory about him and Flynn getting so huffy about Stormy Daniels, is that not only was "Tiny Hands" banging her, as well as Playboy models and the like.....

While there's no evidence of it, suppose he (through whatever demonic witchcraft and/or devil's pact made it possible) happened to father a child with one of them.

Now suppose the legaleze is specific enough, that Melania gets some TREMENDOUS amount of money payout if it was found that he happened to father a child out of wedlock?

I mean, sure. He doesn't give a gently caress about moral consequences in this case; Losing a poo poo-ton of money? (via alimony) I'm sure that bothers him YUUUUUUGELY, money is all he loving cares about.

Seems he probably wouldn't be happy about having to support any number of bastard kids who might not have been "Alt-Reich" compliant, let's just say.

And now, back to your previously scheduled :hmbol: programming.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Killer_B posted:

While there's no evidence of it, suppose he (through whatever demonic witchcraft and/or devil's pact made it possible) happened to father a child with one of them.

he DID father a child they had it aborted and that rockfaced rich guy claimed it was his child that was aborted instead of trumps...but it was trumps. the fat guy who looks like they took a meat tenderizer to him as a infant.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

moostaffa posted:

Speaking of the UK: It's gotten so bad even BBC news anchors are ending their shows with stuff like "I'll see you at the same time next week, unless Theresa May appoints me as the next Brexit minister"

I noticed the last Planet Earth documentary went to some really dark places. Are you okay over there, Atlantic Ocean buddy?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

How much overpriced gaudy jewelry do you think the Saudis bought recently?

Majere fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 9, 2018

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Majere posted:

How much overpriced gaudy jewelry do you think the Saudis bought recently?

LOL I just looked this up, because I'm like, "how do you guys keep up with all this stuff?" Turns out Ivanka laundering money for the Saudis was a story last December, and I never even heard about it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1071620429763235840?s=19

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I've lost count, how many people is this who found out they were fired from the news/twitter?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

I noticed the last Planet Earth documentary went to some really dark places. Are you okay over there, Atlantic Ocean buddy?

I know I'm not the guy you asked but let me just put it like this: Our media is going through some strange phases. First confusion then grim acceptance. Next came the exasperation and now it is giving way to sarcasm and snarkiness. I'm guessing the next phase is going to be outrage and anger.

Channel 4 news is good because they are not scared to present counter-points to the things politicians say. I stopped watching TV news a while ago and only came back to it a recently. It turns out old-school traditional media is getting as fed up with being lied to as the public is.

Here's a very tame example from last month: https://www.channel4.com/news/california-wildfires-deadliest-in-states-history

I'm sorry if you trans-atlantic cousins of ours can't view that.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Valko posted:

I know I'm not the guy you asked but let me just put it like this: Our media is going through some strange phases. First confusion then grim acceptance. Next came the exasperation and now it is giving way to sarcasm and snarkiness. I'm guessing the next phase is going to be outrage and anger.

Channel 4 news is good because they are not scared to present counter-points to the things politicians say. I stopped watching TV news a while ago and only came back to it a recently. It turns out old-school traditional media is getting as fed up with being lied to as the public is.

Here's a very tame example from last month: https://www.channel4.com/news/california-wildfires-deadliest-in-states-history

channel 4 news is unquestionably the best news in the world right now

but I do lol to myself when I see their reports get like 100 views on YouTube whereas some ol corporate propaganda from MSNBC get a few million

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

legendaryRev posted:

The cspam Trump threads were detrimental to my mental health and led me to drink way too much which was in turn detrimental to my marriage, but now that I have a void to fill in my life they are the only thing to keep my mind occupied for hours at a time.

:newlol:

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
This WaPo opinion piece lead me to this long read from 2017 about the highest ranking Russian mobsters allegedly using Trump real estate as laundromats since the 80's.

It would make sense that Cohen wouldn't want to give up anything about business with the Bratva.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Valko posted:

I feel bad for you guys. I mean, Trump is just America being a hot mess, like usual. But David Attenborough should be on suicide watch.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/StopTrump2020/status/1071507485041795073?s=19

Lol

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Quodverum_/status/1071634835616215040

I get followed by what I think is a bot on Twitter.

Normally it's right-wing trash; but this stopped me cold at 'Donald Trump - strategic genius' & I felt to need to read & share.

cnut
May 3, 2016

lmao

Just about sums it all up.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

legendaryRev posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I’m actually surprised he can write