Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

lmao that Brown Moses brought up Partisangirl at a live conference

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 12:18 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao he brought her up and she made that video owning him

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
maybe this is the most outlandish timeline

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

quote:

The name derives from the idiom "belling the cat", which comes from a medieval fable about mice who discuss how to make a cat harmless. One suggests hooking a bell around his neck, and all the mice support the idea but none is willing to do it.

what a dweeb lol

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
LMAO I like how citing sources is "appealing to authority" now. As opposed to a ~scientific argument~ which I guess involves performing an experiment with ten versions of Syria with slightly different variables, in addition to a control group.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

FFS, "Postol subsequently worked with Maram Susli (known online as "Syria girl" or "Partisan girl") to develop their analysis of the Ghouta attack.[40][37][41][42][43]" :thunk:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Lol defending a mod. How disgusting

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
IIRC Brown Moses was de-modded a while ago.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I thought that Postol name sounded familiar, and yeah bellingcat has written a bunch of articles about him and his claims regarding Syrian gas attack allegations

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

FFS, "Postol subsequently worked with Maram Susli (known online as "Syria girl" or "Partisan girl") to develop their analysis of the Ghouta attack.[40][37][41][42][43]" :thunk:

ah yes, classic ad hominem :thunk:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ah yes, classic ad hominem :thunk:

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ah yes, argumentum thunkum

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
let me just post my "Jordan B. Peterson DESTROYS Feminist in Debate"-tier edited video of a debate and lean back, knowing my work here is done

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

argumentum thunkum

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

let me just post my "Jordan B. Peterson DESTROYS Feminist in Debate"-tier edited video of a debate and lean back, knowing my work here is done

All these posts and you still resort to ad hominem instead of engaging with the science. So many logical fallacies im smdh

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Sud da duq up

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
no you

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the logic man mod defender has logged in

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Who's partisangirl

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Question Friend posted:

Who's partisangirl

shes online

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

paul_soccer10 posted:

the logic man mod defender has logged in

I never log off, bitch

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Question Friend posted:

Who's partisangirl

shes my friend

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I hosed her

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
say what you want about brown moses' motives or funding or investigation methods, but you can't deny he is a powerfully charismatic speaker

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Question Friend posted:

Who's partisangirl

Assad's lioness

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

paul_soccer10 posted:

say what you want about brown moses' motives or funding or investigation methods, but you can't deny he is a powerfully charismatic speaker

at least he has an ethos

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Love to ask the scientist for science and then shout over him

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol the editing of that video. the music and the cut to a wikipedia entry of a logical fallacy

do better

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
love to poo poo all over some guy I find suspect in multiple threads, post misleadingly edited videos against him with an original research expert who worked together with the controversial video creator, and refuse to look at the full debate or respond to the guy's clarification to my long-running disingenuous allegations.

also love to be a mod and be defended by a bunch of guys who cry about other people defending mods

THS
Sep 15, 2017

brown moses is a disgusting, disingenuous, child exploiting sack of poo poo and i hope he gets cancer

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

love to poo poo all over some guy I find suspect in multiple threads, post misleadingly edited videos against him with an original research expert who worked together with the controversial video creator, and refuse to look at the full debate or respond to the guy's clarification to my long-running disingenuous allegations.

also love to be a mod and be defended by a bunch of guys who cry about other people defending mods

whatever you say eliot higgins

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

brown moses is a disgusting, disingenuous, child exploiting sack of poo poo and i hope he gets cancer

:chloe:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

id say that gross dork was responsible for thousands of deaths but his career hasn’t gotten that far yet. he’s trying though

THS
Sep 15, 2017

promoting an isis recruiter may have gotten him close. too bad all the air strikes bana wanted didnt happen though, then he’d be racking up a real body count

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

paul_soccer10 posted:

whatever you say eliot higgins

I wish I was an internet famous serious journalist person, but no I am just some guy that hates disingenuous arguments on a dead gay comedy forum

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

THS posted:

he does look suspiciously like aatrek.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

THS posted:

promoting an isis recruiter may have gotten him close. too bad all the air strikes bana wanted didnt happen though, then he’d be racking up a real body count

Like look at this dishonestly framed poo poo. iirc that guy wasn't even affiliated with isis back when BM "promoted" him

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Like look at this dishonestly framed poo poo. iirc that guy wasn't even affiliated with isis back when BM "promoted" him

i mean how could they have known he wasn’t affiliated with isis when they didn’t know he was actually a bangladeshi marketing dude lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
he argues like carl benjamin, maybe it's a midlands english thing

the isis recruiter stuff is gross as hell though. retweets for hoping to rape and murder kurdish women fighters!!