Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
best cosmetics snipe

Mimesweeper posted:

The wings fold down normally, they pop up for a few seconds after a bullet jump but even then they don't really block your view.

I think it's the best purchase I ever made, they look so good on so many frames. It's almost difficult to resist slapping them on everything.

l
m
f
a
o

it's better than i'd ever hoped

e: it doesnt work at all in captura, what the gently caress DE

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Got a list of questions coming from a new player:
Low-level mods, does it matter what I'm slapping on them? Is it beneficial to fuse them at lower levels?
Is it worth it to go out of my way to break open boxes/lockers/etc?
Are Ash, Loki, and Ivara the only invisibility Warframes?
Daily login rewards, does it reset at a certain time or just 24 hours from the last time you claimed it?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Etrips posted:

Got a list of questions coming from a new player:
Low-level mods, does it matter what I'm slapping on them? Is it beneficial to fuse them at lower levels?
Is it worth it to go out of my way to break open boxes/lockers/etc?
Daily login rewards, does it reset at a certain time or just 24 hours from the last time you claimed it?

Yes melt dupes and stuff. +raw damage first then multi shot, then +elemental is the rule.
It can be a little bit early on but later it's better to go to specific missions for loot gathering.
Everyone can be, but those are the ones with a frame power for invis.
It resets at a set time, 0:00 gmt

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

If there’s any space I’d appreciate an invite to a goon clan.

Name - Epididypuss

(I slot cor pro!)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Etrips posted:

Octavia is another frame people use specifically for stealth. Crouch a bunch and you'll go invisible.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

That's very interesting to hear as a late arrival - the frantic movement system and movement based frames are far and way my favorite thing in the second-to-second gameplay loop compared to any other slow and plodding third person games i've played, and its feel was always something that escaped me whenever i watched footage of someone else playing, which is why i skipped past the game for years.

This is so spot on. Every Warframe clip I saw looked either too frenetic to comprehend on or boring in how fast things died. The fluidity of movement and combat doesn't come across so well until you try it, which in my case was because I was looking for the next game on the Switch after MHGU and a quick look turned into being hooked in an hour.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

movement used to run off of a recharging stamina bar. sprinting, wall-running, MELEE, all tied to the stamina stat. it was terrible and i'm glad it is gone.

I love my Monster Hunter, Soulsbourne and other stamina as currency games, but it would be so so wrong here.

They need to remove those small ledges above doors next.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

v1ld posted:

They need to remove those small ledges above doors next.

never remove the ledges, get good at the movement and they're irrelevant.

if anything i want more of a skill curve to going fast not less.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

RoadCrewWorker posted:

e: it doesnt work at all in captura, what the gently caress DE
It should work unless a recent patch broke it, the wings open when bullet jumping or adsing in air. I've taken captura shots with wings open & closed

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The real obnoxious movement stuff are those collision ledges that you keep bumping your head into when you try to jump up the wall of a platform that usually don't even have a visible counterpart.

What looks like a [ is more often than not a T

it's mostly weird because otherwise the game is actually surprisingly consistent (almost to a fault) about not having "oversimplified" collision, except for those annoying "you went OOB, time to fade to black and reset" volumes that are everywhere and make playing as Zephyr a real bummer

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 9, 2018

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So, so many potato computer hosts lately. I just want to level a few weapons in ESO, please stop making the host the guy on a Nokia N-Gage in Siberia :shepicide:

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mimesweeper posted:

never remove the ledges, get good at the movement and they're irrelevant.

if anything i want more of a skill curve to going fast not less.

Smacking your head on the doorframe while going 200km/h (Nova Prime with Rush and Armored Agility so far, represent) should be instant death?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The amount of weird desyncs has been rough the last week. They all come in different flavors too!
-Sometimes the host thinks i'm afk in spawn. This means doors never open for me on my end unless another player is triggering them. They all look open until i get close when they instantly snap shut. My sentinel shoots something across the map at impossible range, probably in the spawnroom. I can't interact with anything that needs "x". I can't enter the extraction zone despite standing in it on my end - if i'm the only one standing in it my client will actually tell me "1 player waiting for you". I can still get kills that show up on the scoreboard and get affinity for them. They just don't count for extermination missions.
-Sometimes the host has a 1500+ latency, and it takes between 15-25 seconds to open any door as the game loads the state of the next room from the host. On every single door that leads to a new tile. I had a lot of opportunity to count the seconds.
-Sometimes spoiler mode desyncs, with the host thinking i'm permanently stuck in it after it ends on my side. This does some really funky stuff with ability usage and invulnerability. Take that, perma-invuln glitching bosses!
-Sometimes i get the "you're downed" text while i'm actively running around at full hp/shields, shooting stuff. If i get "revived" i teleport back to wherever the host thinks i went down.
-Getting on or off the k-board with desync-y hosts really fucks up the camera. At some point it got stuck in place for half a minute while i could see myself running/boarding around in the far distance.
-Sometimes UI elements vanish, are missing entirely or never update. That includes teammate's healthbars, relic reactant counts, waypoint markers, or other quest state trackers. Most of the time that's just my clientside presentation, so that's a silver lining.

I havent had any stuck pre-/post mission loadscreens for the last few hotfixes at least, but i've had missions where people seemed afk until they asked "wait, are you out of the loading screen yet?" 3 minutes later.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 9, 2018

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ludo Friend posted:

If there’s any space I’d appreciate an invite to a goon clan.

Name - Epididypuss

(I slot cor pro!)

Follow the directions in the first post :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The staticor is broken as gently caress. I shoved a potato in and a few multishot mods.

ITS THE RETURN OF THE GRINEER SPACE PROGRAM

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
More newbie questions!
Is there a more ... optimal way of leveling? I'm guessing switching out equipment after I hit 30 on them?
There is a bunch of stuff that I'm not sure I should be part taking in, like the infestations.
Are there daily/weekly stuff that I should be keeping on top of?

edit: all the talk about cor pro and everytime I think of Corp Por from Ultima Online.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been sending people across the planet with a blast modded Secura Penta. It's not the good old days of Gara glass-launching dudes across the Plains, but it's still really funny.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Teal posted:

Smacking your head on the doorframe while going 200km/h (Nova Prime with Rush and Armored Agility so far, represent) should be instant death?

yes, absolutely. get good or get your skull smashed in, that's the kind of space ninja game i want to play.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Etrips posted:

More newbie questions!
Is there a more ... optimal way of leveling? I'm guessing switching out equipment after I hit 30 on them?
There is a bunch of stuff that I'm not sure I should be part taking in, like the infestations.

edit: all the talk about cor pro and everytime I think of Corp Por from Ultima Online.

The best way to level mastery rank is to always be leveling something, yes. Usually people will have one decent gun or a frame that can kill things without weapons, and then carry a bunch of other stuff to passively leech XP.

The invasions/ infestations reward crafting materials that can be used to make clan weapons, which you can find the blueprints for in the dojo. Infested weapons take mutagen mass, corpus takes fieldron etc. So invasions are good to do if you're looking to build new weapons, but they pop up constantly, so there's no rush.

At low levels there's not many daily tasks to worry about. Later on you'll probably want to be doing sorties, maxing out your daily rep with various factions, possibly reaching your focus cap, but most won't be unlocked for you yet.

One thing that IS good to stay on top of early on are alerts or invasions that happen to reward an Orokin Catalyst/ Reactor, Exilus Adapter, Nitain Extract, Kubrow Egg/ Kavat DNA, or Riven Mod. These are all things which are annoying or impossible to farm otherwise. IF you sign into the goon discord there is a bot that can send notifications when these pop up. Or you can use the event tracker on Deathsnacks.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Etrips posted:

More newbie questions!

Experience (aka Affinity) is shared between your warframe and all equipped weapons (primary, secondary, melee). If you want to level up 1 item really quickly, unequip one or both of your other weapons, and that weapon will get a larger chunk of XP. There are some caveats, though - enemies killed exclusively by warframe abilities (like excalibur's exalted balde, or mesa's peacemakers) give 100% of the affinity to the warframe, and do not share it with weapons. There's no such restriction on Affinity earned by your teammates, though, so if there's a Saryn or other obscene murderframe in your party you can take pretty much any weapon from 0-30 in about 10-15 minutes at most, and pretty much anyone in clan will be happy to bring you along to leech xp.

Infestation events aren't really important - there are Invasion events which are just a set of 3 relatively easy missions that will grant you a rare resource that's otherwise a pain in the rear end to get - usually 3 Fieldrons or Detonite Injectors. You don't really need to worry about those until later - most of the more powerful weapons in the Clan Dojo will require them to build. Annoyingly, the rewards don't come until about a day AFTER you complete all the invasion missions, but they're good to do when you're still filling out your arsenal.

Daily events happen frequently enough that you don't ever need to worry about missing out on something, but definitely do the weekly Maroo quest, as the statues you find are worth a couple thousand endo when filled with stars.

Echophonic posted:

I've been sending people across the planet with a blast modded Secura Penta. It's not the good old days of Gara glass-launching dudes across the Plains, but it's still really funny.

The weapon that I've found launches dudes the best (ie, furthest) is the Daikyu. I'm not entirely sure how punchthrough works with the 'pinning enemies to walls' gimmick, but as far as I can tell, if there's 2 enemies in a line, the first one gets punch-through'd, the second one get's pinned to the wall, but they both inherit the same velocity. If there's a wall 1km behing the enemy that gets designated as 'pin me to a wall', then the game just rockets them both across the gap, and since the Daikyu has one of the fastest projectile speeds of all the bows, dudes go from 0 to supersonic.

This is especially awesome on plains/vallis.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 10, 2018

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Cicadalek posted:

One thing that IS good to stay on top of early on are alerts or invasions that happen to reward an Orokin Catalyst/ Reactor, Exilus Adapter, Nitain Extract, Kubrow Egg/ Kavat DNA, or Riven Mod. These are all things which are annoying or impossible to farm otherwise. IF you sign into the goon discord there is a bot that can send notifications when these pop up. Or you can use the event tracker on Deathsnacks.

Sweet, that was another thing I was worried about on missing since there is a ton of stuff that pops up. I had no idea what was worth keeping an eye out for. Thanks!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Etrips posted:

More newbie questions!

The first good leveling spot you'll unlock / be ready for is Hydron, a defense mission on Sedna. It has a small map (so idiot pubbies can't run outside of shared affinity range), an ideal enemy type (Grineer give lots of XP), a decent-ish enemy level, and you can always find a group running it in matchmaking, typically with at least one person who can carry the rest of you if need be.

This is eventually obsoleted by Sanctuary Onslaught mode -- regular Sanctuary Onslaught for leveling warframes, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught for leveling weapons. (You can't level frames in ESO because it requires a level 30 frame.) These are endless modes where you fight continuously spawning enemies for a little over two minutes, then optionally travel to the next room and do it all over again. The spawn rate is higher than pretty much any other mission in the game and the difficulty steadily increases with each room. (You start around level 20 for regular, and level 60 for elite.) Once you're able to do this you'll never need Hydron again unless you're feeling incredibly lazy, since surviving in Onslaught does require a little more attention and active engagement.

Both of these places are so much faster and more efficient than anything that comes before them that it's not really worth grinding hardcore until you have access to at least Hydron. You'll still want to get to MR 4 for the Hek (or some other low MR weapon that can clear the starchart, if you really hate shotguns for some reason) and some of the story quests might be MR-gated, but unless you're actually stuck because of your MR, don't worry about it too much.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you have plat to spare, buy an affinity booster for however long you'd like. it'll cut your levelling time in half. i.e. if you've got a ton of new gear and a spare weekend, grab a 3-day booster and level all that stuff.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Etrips posted:

Sweet, that was another thing I was worried about on missing since there is a ton of stuff that pops up. I had no idea what was worth keeping an eye out for. Thanks!

There are also Nightmare Alerts, which offer a non-aura mod as a reward. These mods range from "meh" to "really good" (e.g. Blaze, Chilling Reload, Drifting Contact). It should be noted that your shields are disabled for these alerts, so come prepared.

Chilling Reload and Drifting Contact are especially notable for providing some good bonuses at a paltry 5 mod capacity.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pooncha posted:

There are also Nightmare Alerts, which offer a non-aura mod as a reward. These mods range from "meh" to "really good" (e.g. Blaze, Chilling Reload, Drifting Contact). It should be noted that your shields are disabled for these alerts, so come prepared.

Chilling Reload and Drifting Contact are especially notable for providing some good bonuses at a paltry 5 mod capacity.

Nidus: Oh no my shields are disabled
Inaros: gently caress, mine too

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Protip: only do Capture nightmares with a Rhino modded for speed. Cast Iron Skin then leg it!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Etrips posted:

Also snag any weapon blueprints that you see an alert for. A lot of them will only come from alerts, and they range from terrible to okay, but they're all mastery that's easy to pick up because you don't have to buy the blueprint from the market on top of the crafting costs.

Mastery is one of those things where you're really just trying everything out for awhile, but by the time you're MR16+ you'll have a decent selection of good guns and you can just choose to not give a crap about mastery or do the bare minimum of slapping on one bad gun with an otherwise good set and ignoring it.

It also helps when you can do ESO with goons, you will level insanely fast in there.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
You can start doing Onslaught after 'The New Strange' quest fyi.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also it's doing ESO where there's one murderframe present, i.e. a volt, saryn or equinox. If there's none and you're all barely limping along, you'll get much much less exp.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

funkmeister posted:

You can start doing Onslaught after 'The New Strange' quest fyi.

Yeah, you can complete that way before you even think about reaching Sedna so there's no reason to do Hydron over Onslaught unless you just want to.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

help what do I do with all these scenes I keep getting from simaris.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Synthbuttrange posted:

help what do I do with all these scenes I keep getting from simaris.

Take pretty fashion shots. In your Warframe's appearance options there's a button at the bottom labelled "Captura", you can click that, select a scene and go take cool photos of your frame with options like colour saturation, exposure etc. It's Warframe's photo mode basically.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No I mean

what do I do with the 500th grineer lab captura scene.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Lament that you cannot sell extras, and they're going to just accumulate forever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zereth posted:

I recommend Banshee and a gunblade

That's what I did, still took a lot of tries.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

yeah so no one ever playtested this boss with a controller I guess

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Putting one of those custom text decorations in front of my navigation area makes it appear in the galaxy background.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

TheMostFrench posted:

Putting one of those custom text decorations in front of my navigation area makes it appear in the galaxy background.

:aaaaa:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Put your floofs there too.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You can do similar things with your arsenal section. You can put some image or text bar in front of the arsenal and when you activate it the screen will zoom in to have the thing fill your screen, but your frame still appears in foreground of the image that is technically in front of it.

I haven't done this because it looks clustered as gently caress, but I've seen Mogamu do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

just lol if you haven't made your arsenal a borderline unusable nightmare by stacking poo poo in front of it until you run out of decoration capacity