Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'll quibble and say I am Setsuna is entirely OK. There are far worse games you could play and the story is a bit like a retread of FFX. It's not a very visually interesting game and the gameplay isn't all that polished. But if you can get it cheap and give it a fair shake, it's a perfectly acceptable time-waster and scratches the JRPG itch well enough.

I found Battle Chasers to be far more frustrating. Load times are agonizingly slow on the Switch and it's got a less severe case of Wasteland II's visual issues where some poo poo can be tough to see. Plus the last boss is bullshit.

Oh man, I forgot Battle Chasers even existed and as you said the load times are absolutely terrible. It's also ponderously slow, characters aren't balanced at all against each other, and the main character progression mechanic basically pre-supposes you're going to play the game into NG+ even though you can very easily do everything in your first playthrough and NG+ otherwise is the least NG+ possible.

I don't remember the last boss basically at all, but my setup was obscenely overpowered for what the game thought was challenge. Simultaneously, if I tried using anything else I'd have been rocked into next week by even basic fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Gripweed posted:

This looks fun. I like the gimmick that your party is stacked on top of your head and they jump off to use their special abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQ_l_Je-WE

I can’t really figure out what’s going on here, but I think want to.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kind of annoyed that the rewards you get for defeating spirits is tied directly into your power level vs the enemies power level. So if you take your 10,000 rated M. Bison and fight a 1700, you get basically nothing.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anyone have things to say about Just Shapes and Beats? I saw one stage on YouTube and it looked real cool but I’m open to differing opinions. How does it feel, control-wise?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Prop Wash posted:

Anyone have things to say about Just Shapes and Beats? I saw one stage on YouTube and it looked real cool but I’m open to differing opinions. How does it feel, control-wise?

I really liked the game! The controls feel pretty tight, and each stage is mostly just learning the patterns. The story is surprisingly cute and better than I expected. Even if you have difficulty with stages, there's an easier mode which is perfectly fine to just play and chill. I recommend getting it if the visual and audio aesthetic interests you.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

disagree at least the open world like, worked. the interrogations and detective poo poo and that whole act of the game where they force you to solve a crime wrong are the worse parts

Yes. I’ll never forgive them for this. I could tell it was wrong, but there was no button to press for that and so the game forced me to solve it wrong and then yelled at me for solving it wrong. Does the game get better after that? I’ll never know. My Phelps turned in his badge that day (I ejected the disk).

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gripweed posted:

it's gamestop exclusive

When I went to pick up my copy I said I was there for Katamari and one clerk said "Yeah!" and the other said "What is that?"

Hah, my experience picking up Dark Souls 1 at midnight at my on-campus GameStop when like 100 other students were there for the NBA2K that came out that year on the same day. Except it was like 3 students and 1 employee goin yeah! vs. 97 students who were like what is that

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I wanted to treat LA Noire as an HD remake of Police Quest, but I had way more fun with Police Quest.

That being said, c'mon, we need an HD remake of Police Quest :argh:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Barudak posted:

Oh man, I forgot Battle Chasers even existed and as you said the load times are absolutely terrible. It's also ponderously slow, characters aren't balanced at all against each other, and the main character progression mechanic basically pre-supposes you're going to play the game into NG+ even though you can very easily do everything in your first playthrough and NG+ otherwise is the least NG+ possible.

I don't remember the last boss basically at all, but my setup was obscenely overpowered for what the game thought was challenge. Simultaneously, if I tried using anything else I'd have been rocked into next week by even basic fights.

Apparently there was a patch that came out between the initial release and when it finally shipped on Switch that changed the final boss to be way harder. But my build basically literally couldn't defeat it at max level. So I said gently caress it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

It's great. It's like the bullet time battles in Undertale, except gorgeous. Also quite difficult

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This is such a weird problem that I cannot google it.

My Joycons seem to stop working at times when entering certain menu prompts when I DO NOT have an internet connection. The fix is to hit the home button and go back to the game and the controller works. This happens in Smash when I get a tutorial screen when seeing something new and have to press a to advance. It also happens in Smash when I get to to a prompt to enter text on the keyboard. Or when I go into the profile page on the system menu. The joycons just don't respond to anything.

However, I don't have this problem if I have an internet connection.

I did not notice this before the most recent system update

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Never heard of that but recently there was a Joycon firmware update too, have you tried that?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My Switch is just straight up not charging any of my joycons directly now. :sigh:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Rockstar didn't develop L.A. Noire.

Nobody said they did. Rockstar started funding L.A. Noire once they took over publishing from Sony and were heavily involved in its production; it’s safe to say that they had at least some say in the direction development took and the way the final product turned out.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Console for $239.81 (Amazon Prime only)

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Hi everyone I am stoked to play Ristar and Shining Force 2 for the umpteenth time but this time on Switch.

Thanks for reading

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Free Messenger Beach Vacation DLC

https://youtu.be/I_IGUzY23LQ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Neo Atlas 1469 getting a physical release next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwonDgSRyyk

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i played through LA Noire on a rental back when that actually existed and that was probably the correct way to get through it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Smash character prediction

-Geralt(crossing over with everything and smash cant resist another swordsman)

-Doomguy

-Tressa, Octopath

-Reggie himself

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

-Reggie himself

Only if they have Miyamoto and Iwata as Echo Fighters :allears:.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Bombadilillo posted:

-Doomguy

-Tressa, Octopath

-Reggie himself

The last one will be Goku

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

TheHoosier posted:

Hi everyone I am stoked to play Shining Force 2 for the umpteenth time but this time on Switch.

Thanks for reading

same

time to see if i still have all the secret item locations memorized

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bombadilillo posted:

-Doomguy

-Tressa, Octopath

-Reggie himself

Mine after Joker in no particular order:

Sans/Papyrus

Steve

Crash Bandicoot

Some Fire Emblem Schlub

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I hope they introduce watoad. Out of spite

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Every single Fortnite skin

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
sans, but as a minecraft skin

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every single Fortnite skin

Probably actually this, with 8 skins.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Majima is the only option.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

jackhunter64 posted:

Majima is the only option.

The world is not pure enough to allow this.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm not into Smash, but if they introduced Groose as a DLC fighter, I might pick it up.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Gripweed posted:

The last one will be Goku

:hmmyes:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Last DLC pack they’ll build up with DBZ references then reveal its Gohan in all his failure as a son glory

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Last DLC pack they’ll build up with DBZ references then reveal its Gohan in all his failure as a son glory

Gohan survived a post doctoral fellowship, thus actually making him the strongest.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

If they do Goku and Superman we could fi ially answer some Internet 1.0 debates.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

We have Super Mario Bros fridge magnets, and yesterday and today, my 4 year old was getting kind of obsessed with making his own level with them (they come with ground, brick, and pipe blocks).

Nintendo, please... give me Mario Maker for the Switch :negative:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
My friend keeps on whining about how smash 5 got rid of ledge hogging, dodge spamming, and air dodge spamming

My question to you thread: is he a little bitch or what?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

KingSlime posted:

My friend keeps on whining about how smash 5 got rid of ledge hogging, dodge spamming, and air dodge spamming

he's a little poo poo from 10 years ago when brawl came out, yes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KingSlime posted:

laugh at him and call him a grandpa unable to adapt to new games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Like..why would I play smash to spam dodge when I don't know, I could just get good at the game instead? Ledge hogging, wtf? Don't be weak

Spam rolls ruined the poo poo out of dark souls 3. Cheesy rear end losers, fight me like a proper man/woman!!

E: wait wait did 4 not have those either? Because he played that one a lot, maybe he's just full of poo poo because he's comparing it directly to 4