Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sweet! I'm sure Britain will be smart enough to take the outstretched hand.

:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
The general feeling is that May's plan is going to be voted down heavily, and the likely result if she loses by 100 or more is an early election, a government of unity, or a referendum to accept the deal or stay in the EU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Best option: He's going to go without a CoS because he can handle this stuff himself!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

SirFozzie posted:

The general feeling is that May's plan is going to be voted down heavily, and the likely result if she loses by 100 or more is an early election, a government of unity, or a referendum to accept the deal or stay in the EU

Nobody knows what happens on/after Tuesday, but whatever it is it's gonna be :suspense:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The commander in chief of stuff

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Doubt it’ll be Big Chris.

quote:

"The language in the sentencing memo is different from what we've heard before," Christie told ABC's "This Week," noting that Trump's former attorney Cohen has previously said he violated campaign finance law at the president's direction. "The only thing that would concern me if I was the president's team this morning about this sentencing memo is the language."

"The language sounds very definite," Christie said. "And what I'd be concerned about is, what corroboration do they have?"

"Because everyone knows that Michael Cohen is not going to be the most effective or trustworthy witness on the stand, given some of his past statements," Christie said. "When prosecutors sound that definitive they've got more usually than just one witness."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Best option: He's going to go without a CoS because he can handle this stuff himself!

No, think Trumpier. Trump goes the rest of his term without a CoS because that’ll be one less person telling him no and making him mad. It’s the fantasy of every scolded child ever: no adults to tell you what to do anymore. When it comes to Trump, always think like a toddler.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SirFozzie posted:

This has to stay with them just staying, right? They don't have to do any of this nonsense as the EU holds all the cards. There's no good deal to get when you leave the deal.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

1glitch0 posted:

This has to stay with them just staying, right? They don't have to do any of this nonsense as the EU holds all the cards. There's no good deal to get when you leave the deal.
Can we just get the option where the UK stays, May goes down, and we get Corbyn?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

FlamingLiberal posted:

Can we just get the option where the UK stays, May goes down, and we get Corbyn?

I'm too uneducated on UK politics to really say, but yes, why not? Do that.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

1glitch0 posted:

Comedy option: UK can remain but only if they fully join the EMU and adopt the Euro.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

1glitch0 posted:

Labor has their own internal divisions over Brexit and their saving grace so far has been that they haven't had to do anything about it.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 10, 2018

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
It's a sentence I hate saying, but I think Chris Christie is too smart to fall for it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Chris Christie will be offered it, he'll act like he'll accept it, but will be denied when he offers the position to Ted Cruz.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Kai Tave posted:

The funniest would be Mooch but only if he gets fired again after 48 hours.

He could hire Gorka...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Liquid Communism posted:

He could hire Gorka...

The dragon of budapest

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Z. Autobahn posted:

It's a sentence I hate saying, but I think Chris Christie is too smart to fall for it.

Imagine, a scam so stupid that not even Chris "I caused a traffic jam for political spite" Christie wants any part of it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The dragon of budapest

Where does this joke come from?

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Imagine, a scam so stupid that not even Chris "I caused a traffic jam for political spite" Christie wants any part of it.

A traffic jam that killed someone no less. Amazing that there is a floor at all there.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

James Adomian's Gorka character. Made famous by his appearances on Chapo Trap House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglVo9rj2Nk

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

James Adomian's Gorka character. Made famous by his appearances on Chapo Trap House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglVo9rj2Nk

And preceding that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbQx0NTV4TU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdINAnBf0U, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mQzTDDD8w

But basically yes, it would not surprise me if THE DRAGON OF BUDAPEST ascended the marble steps of meritocracy to become THE KNIGHT COMMANDER OF THE WHITE HOUSE!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :byodood:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie only wants the NJ fatass so he can have someone fatter than him and he can lie to himself and go "I'm not that fat."

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I mean you know he would run as a Republican.

He would do the Eisenhower thing of "yeah they did try to gently caress me every step of the way during the most significant moments of my life but by god do I hate the poor"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
At some point it's irresponsible to not remove trump's access to power while continuing to drive him into a corner.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

The Glumslinger posted:

What would be the funniest halfway realistic hire? Lewandowski? Mooch? Kushner? Christie?

With this poo poo-show of a government, I'm going to go with all four mashed into a giant-sized suit in some kind of a Voltron-like monstrosity.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

At some point it's irresponsible to not remove trump's access to power while continuing to drive him into a corner.

Well, sure, but removing him depends on some percentage of GOP legislators acting responsibly. I think you and I both know that isn't going to happen.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 10, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Trump doesn't believe in corners and so far that has paid off throughout his entire life.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

moostaffa posted:

Good news, Sarkozy says he might step in and save the country again.

Anyway, this thread on Cohen is pretty fun https://twitter.com/metroadlib/status/1071395678306344960

This is amazing. A black lady lawyer getting drunk on Dogfish Head and making fun of Cohen while giving non-lawyers a look in to the legal system is such an awesome change of pace from the mostly-staid white man lawyer analysis that even PopeHat does.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1055621605240512512

I can't stop screaming. I woke up the neighbors.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

*Jon Stewart Crossfire Interview Goes Here*

And that was 14-loving-years ago. It will never cease to amaze me when right-wing pundits act aghast at having to sleep in a bed they've spent decades making.

Edit: love the bit where Tuck calls Stewart "John Kerry's butt-buddy" on national television.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 10, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

*Jon Stewart Crossfire Interview Goes Here*

And that was 14-loving-years ago. It will never cease to amaze me when right-wing pundits act aghast at having to sleep in a bed they've spent decades making.

Edit: love the bit where Tuck calls Stewart "John Kerry's butt-buddy" on national television.

Meanwhile, It will never cease to amaze me that that performance did not instantly kill Tucker Carlson's career and was instead the impetus for him to fail upward so hard that he went from being the second-string host of a debate show that aired at noon and no one watched, to one of the most influential voices on cable television.

I mean, how else do you get fired from two separate 24 hour networks for being ratings poison only to land in the captain's chair of a third one? (The answer to that involves a lot of sexual harassment and being lucky enough to be one of the last guys left standing after Fox threw down the Hannity Phalanx, aka the "we've lost so many hosts now that the remaining ones could murder a child live on air and we'd never fire them" doctrine.)

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Nice choice of words (and url), Newsweek.

https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giuliani-leaker-trump-lawyer-fingered-james-comey-1251501

https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giuliani-leaker-trump-lawyer-fingered-james-comey-1251501 posted:

IS RUDY GIULIANI A LEAKER? TRUMP'S LAWYER FINGERED BY JAMES COMEY

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kind of late now but whatever welcome to the Democratic party, Tucker.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"We stopped debating politics & ideas & started attacking others for things we can't change, for who we are. You know...racists"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Meanwhile, It will never cease to amaze me that that performance did not instantly kill Tucker Carlson's career and was instead the impetus for him to fail upward so hard that he went from being the second-string host of a debate show that aired at noon and no one watched, to one of the most influential voices on cable television.

I mean, how else do you get fired from two separate 24 hour networks for being ratings poison only to land in the captain's chair of a third one? (The answer to that involves a lot of sexual harassment and being lucky enough to be one of the last guys left standing after Fox threw down the Hannity Phalanx, aka the "we've lost so many hosts now that the remaining ones could murder a child live on air and we'd never fire them" doctrine.)

Well, being a right-wing media personality requires two things,

1. zero scruples
2. the ability to go more than twenty minutes without sticking your dick somewhere it doesn't belong

#1 makes #2 a bit of a challenge.

Edit: I suppose implicit is 1a. must have a dick, because no way Fox would ever give the center square to a woman.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 10, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Right wingers are also pigs and will immediately get bored of a woman if she isn't blond and attractive enough anymore. So any woman they could put on the spot will get replaced ASAP if they aren't making old racists horny to keep watching.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Scarfolk/status/1072046114650632192

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Hunger Games is a documentary...

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman