Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Feenix posted:

Is that reality show really entertaining? I hear people saying their whole family enjoyed it, young and old, so I assume that means if I don’t care about reality tv format, I might still enjoy it, as a child might.

I enjoyed it. It didn't focus too much on the people interacting and it was mostly on what they were building and how to fulfill the prompts they're given.

I do feel like it would be better without the elimination format. I think a lot of shows do that just because The Great British Bake Off does it and don't consider whether it actually helps the show. Lego Masters in particular has a couple of teams that are literally pairs of children so it's hard to know whether they're being judged fairly, and whether they should be. (Although even the two-child teams made some impressive builds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

He's a goon and his videos are awesome.

But the gist is, the guy was an unreasonable rear end in a top hat who tried to screw people over and, when it didn't work, went insane and caused a lot of havoc.

But we knew that already?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The usual narrative is that the city government screwed him over and he had no recourse. The truth is they bent over backwards to accomodate him and it wasn't enough.

There's also some catholic/protestant hate thing going on there too. Dude was just an rear end in a top hat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I used to work for a company that had a branch which was like 100 feet away from the Killdozer garage and the staff all knew him and said he was a dick. The other building next to it was the one with the guy who tried to fight him off with a D10 . That guy was the real badass.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 7, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The killdozer guy died the way he lived, like a bitch.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Metalbeard polybag showing up at targets

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is that the first 3 in 1 poly?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that the first 3 in 1 poly?

There was a Batmobile one for The Lego Batman Movie.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well after seeing the news that it was unlikely the marvel bricktober set would make it to the US I watched a video to see if I really wanted it and drat all the figs are good. Arm printing on war machine, Tony, and a great Wakndan gold design on Bucky’s arm. Also a decent minifig of Wong.

Anyway I ordered it off BrickLink from some dude in France.

Also the HP bricktober set is super good and goes real nice with my wife’s complete CMF collection.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:siren: Double VIP Points December 7th - 10th 2018 - Online and in store

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Time to buy my UCS-MF

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just saw a video with all the new creator sets, the low dollar ones are all fantastic.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Where's the video yo

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Where's the video yo

No video, but https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-2019-set-images/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Shark, Underwater robot and Houseboat all look cool and relatively new/not rehashes of previous sets.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I need that Not-F4U Corsair :eyepop:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
poo poo I want a bunch of those. When do they come out?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Houseboat comes with a pelican and a gator? Could it be any more Louisiana?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I might have to buy two of the shuttle/camper 3-in-1 since I am torn as to which one I would build.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

obi_ant posted:

Time to buy my UCS-MF

I know how you can get 4x VIP points.

Buy me one

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

The_Doctor posted:

I was at the Lego store yesterday with my wife but was Xmas shopping for others. No way I can drop any money on big Lego sets for myself this time of the year. And my daughter is 17 so I can’t get away with the “she’ll love the big Falcon, trust me hunny” anymore.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
drat, I am in the middle of nowhere Germany and they are selling Ninjago harbour for 159€ instead of 229€. Never knew I wantes it before ao I haven't budgeted for that....

They also had the worthless bugatti for 100 off which is sold out already.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Houseboat comes with a pelican and a gator? Could it be any more Louisiana?

Fan Boat.

I like how some of the sets become knock off Star Wars vehicles.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really need to make a Vic Viper this weekend.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Robot looks like a nice pile of ratchet joints

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Trip Report: Bangkok Lego Store.

Same as any other except the prices are higher and they were selling the Xmas giveaway train thing for around $30. No exclusives or anything of interest other than that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hopper posted:

drat, I am in the middle of nowhere Germany and they are selling Ninjago harbour for 159€ instead of 229€. Never knew I wantes it before ao I haven't budgeted for that....

They also had the worthless bugatti for 100 off which is sold out already.

I actually like the shape of the bugatti when it's built....it's totally useless, of course, but I am still looking to get it at something like 40% off sometime. Guess that will never happen, but that would be the price point where I'd buy it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought a bunch of Minecraft sets for some significant discounts on walmart's site and I am more than happy with the results.

I bought:

The Melon Farm
The Nether Fight
The Iron Golem
The Zombie Cave
The Chicken Coop
The Mushroom Island

For about $110 you get a solid 4+ pounds of bricks, plates, tiles etc of all types(including an absolute truckload of those 2x2 tiles with the central stud in a lot of colors), as well as nearly an entire pound of minifigures, accessories, and buildable monsters. I took a picture of all the non-brick stuff you get including the buildable monsters.

The Ghast is a blast to build and has a neat gimmick too(it fires gravity-fed discs through a brick launcher). You also get a lot of extra stuff like cookies and such pieces. I've never actually bought any Lego Minecraft before(or at least, to actually open for myself), and I kinda want to get more. These are fun microbuilds for the critters(some are literally 2-4 pieces like the Chickens) and provide a lot of very useful bricks and pieces for building stuff in a lot of colors, I may just dedicate a section of a Detolf for building up along the insides of it as a big ol' diorama of surface/underground/bedrock/nether sections for the multiple Steves and Alexes I've gotten from these sets to go in. Might just build the Chicken Coop proper, that's an adorable little brick-built chicken, and it also dispenses eggs out of it into a chest, just like people tend to do with chicken coops ingame. :v:

edit: I just realized the brick-built animals with custom heads harken back to the much older days of legos where you'd build the body for the lego people prior to minifigs and slap a head on the top of them.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The minecraft sets are awesome, even if people are not into minecraft, imo. The pieces you get are very, very useful, plus you get a lot of small stuff in nice colors.

As a minecraft fan, though, I don't know what to do with the two dozen Steves and Alex' I have....

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Plinkey posted:

I might have to buy two of the shuttle/camper 3-in-1 since I am torn as to which one I would build.

I have some good news about Lego

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tuo posted:

The minecraft sets are awesome, even if people are not into minecraft, imo. The pieces you get are very, very useful, plus you get a lot of small stuff in nice colors.

As a minecraft fan, though, I don't know what to do with the two dozen Steves and Alex' I have....
That's the downside of licensed sets with a major character as the sole representative. Like batman, for example, I think literally every single batman set has him in it, right?

Kinda want to alter a few of them into zombie versions.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anyone get the 2018 holiday set? When you spend $99+ you get this from Lego stores. Super fun build and looks nice with the rest of your decorations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Anyone get the 2018 holiday set? When you spend $99+ you get this from Lego stores. Super fun build and looks nice with the rest of your decorations.

I got the gift box one, but not that. I figured that one would be everywhere, and maybe even on retail next year, like the Nutcracker is now.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Vintersorg posted:

To be honest, I would much prefer to be able to easily get the sets they are producing for the lunar new year, but unfortunately tehy are not sold outside Asia:

It seems that there might be also a third one, but nobody's seen it yet.

Edit:

All right, looks like this is the third:

Have not been able to find a better quality pic, unfortunately, but the set number seems to match up with the other two, so it's probably real.

ivantod fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 10, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I want that Chinese dinner set. :smith:

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

The_Doctor posted:

I want that Chinese dinner set. :smith:

I want all three! And I'm not even Chinese!

Another thing that strikes me is the large amount of minifigs for what are relatively small sets (esp. the last one which is practically a minfig pack!).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Minifigs have been a cash cow since they got the star wars license, they're going to drive sales with them as long as possible. Maximum return for minimal effort!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Dude that dragon moves!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Those sets are bullshit. I hate regional exclusives. I want them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
It seems appropriate to get those China exclusive sets from Lepin