Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A lot of saboteurs not getting with the program imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

hobbesmaster posted:

Wait they delayed the vote?

yeah

even funnier than her cancelling it is the fact they had senior ministers out saying they definitely weren't cancelling the vote just hours before she cancelled it

it's a shambles

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hobbesmaster posted:

Wait they delayed the vote?

why call the vote if you're going to lose

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Because everyone else had to vote on it to be delayed?

SNP laughing at her was great though

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

XMNN posted:

yeah

even funnier than her cancelling it is the fact they had senior ministers out saying they definitely weren't cancelling the vote just hours before she cancelled it

it's a shambles

But apparently she doesn't actually have that power to do that so now theres a vote to cancel the video the vote lmao this owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in past generations they'd hold the vote, take the loss and resign. this is much shittier

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
we americans don't use the word shambles enough

shambolic

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
omnishambles

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Theres no :thunk: large enough for May's "if we want to deliver brexit this is the best deal"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This is way more fun than US politics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

This is way more fun than US politics

yeah our government just grinds to a halt instead of being hilarious

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Theres no :thunk: large enough for May's "if we want to deliver brexit this is the best deal"

She's right. There is no other deal not will there be another deal. It's just that the deal fucks them over, hard brexit fucks them up even worse. But of course they can just not brexit, but the British are dead set on harming themselves and who are we to judge?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah our government just grinds to a halt instead of being hilarious

Our government basically has ground to a halt but our dumb invisible constitution doesn't account for a government completely losing the support of its MPs so we'll be still talking about this so it's a fun car crash that'll go on until May walks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

She's right. There is no other deal not will there be another deal. It's just that the deal fucks them over, hard brexit fucks them up even worse. But of course they can just not brexit, but the British are dead set on harming themselves and who are we to judge?

Well yes, the :thunk: is for the conclusion of "well then we shouldn't do it"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
its quaint that racism against polish people led to a major country imploding like this. its just such an old timey kinda racism, kinda cute in a way

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Pounded By The Pound: Turned Gay By The Socioeconomic Implications Of Britain Leaving The European Union

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Drunkboxer posted:

its quaint that racism against polish people led to a major country imploding like this. its just such an old timey kinda racism, kinda cute in a way

they also want the British Empire back

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Drunkboxer posted:

It's weird, right because Polish are pretty much just English people who speak a funny language anyway, they like to drink and fight as much as we do. I witnessed a Polish on Polish drunk fight not too long ago and the cops broke it up, hauled the victor away and the guy who he'd just beaten up shouted "No, why you take him away? He is my friend, he is a good fighter!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Drunkboxer posted:

they make a good target for the government when they're making everyones lives miserable with austerity. competent politicians don't then also allow those people to vote on whether to get rid of them though

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I like Polish beer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Everyone in the world who is even remotely anglophile should be made to watch a full day of the House of Commons in action to have any illusions burst. God we're shite.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Watching this all I can think is "Put Emily Thornberry in charge of everything"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

forkboy84 posted:

Everyone in the world who is even remotely anglophile should be made to watch a full day of the House of Commons in action to have any illusions burst. God we're shite.

living in England for a few years did that to me

I hate your collective Limey guts now

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh they got permission from the European Court to abandon Brexit, no muss no fuss?

Why are they still arguing?

This idea of doing another referendum based on Remain vs. May's deal seems like a good fig leaf for it too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PostNouveau posted:

Oh they got permission from the European Court to abandon Brexit, no muss no fuss?

This idea of doing another referendum based on Remain vs. May's deal seems like a good fig leaf for it too.

as best I can tell, May really really really doesn't want cave into Remain because it will implode the Tory voter base as badly as if the Republicans threw Trump to Mueller

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

PostNouveau posted:

They've spent 2 years getting their portfolios ready to take advantage of the collapse of the British economy, we're not changing course after all that work.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

a lot of people, not incorrectly, think that a second referendum is remain being sore losers. Of course now there is an actual deal a vote that is Remain/Deal/no deal seems fairer

anyway i'm still loving angry that cameron called it remain and not stay the posh oval office

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

well you see decades ago david cameron hosed a dead's pig head and....

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Of course now there is an actual deal a vote that is Remain/Deal/no deal seems fairer

Yes, well we should definitely do what seems fairest

*No deal Brexit wins*

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jose posted:

a lot of people, not incorrectly, think that a second referendum is remain being sore losers. Of course now there is an actual deal a vote that is Remain/Deal/no deal seems fairer

anyway i'm still loving angry that cameron called it remain and not stay the posh oval office

is it really being sore losers when the government has been flailing around trying to implement it for 2 years? sounds more like “welp that clearly was a mistake “

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i think we should cancel brexit obviously but there are going to be a lot of angry people if the government just did that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

is it really being sore losers when the government has been flailing around trying to implement it for 2 years? sounds more like “welp that clearly was a mistake “

most people haven't been paying very close attention so don't know that

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jose posted:

i think we should cancel brexit obviously but there are going to be a lot of angry people if the government just did that

Good. Do it. :munch:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

A lot of Tories are mad about ARE SOVEREIGNTY when it comes to the EU. They almost split in the 90s over it, they spent the first half of the 00s falling out over it and former PM Pigfucker Date only kept the party together during the 10s because they didn't have a majority until 2015 and then afterwards on the promise of holding a referendum.

They are madly obsessed on this poo poo.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

jess phillips is such a dull oval office

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lotta uggos in this parliament. Y'all should work on that. Lookit that dude in the green tie and the harry potter glasses. Shameful

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

A lot of Tories are mad about ARE SOVEREIGNTY when it comes to the EU. They almost split in the 90s over it, they spent the first half of the 00s falling out over it and former PM Pigfucker Date only kept the party together during the 10s because they didn't have a majority until 2015 and then afterwards on the promise of holding a referendum.

They are madly obsessed on this poo poo.

ukip is pretty much dead right? who might leavers defect to if the tories back down

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Seems like absolutely no one is on May's side? Or are only the opposition asking questions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Who is that lady that spoke about Aslan Boris? Why dont you guys make her PM instead?