Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

cr0y posted:

Lol DOW down another 500, for the like 4th straight day of huge losses.

E: Down 1,900 points over the last 5 days. Yikes

For funsies I just looked it up, the Dow has declined by roughly the same percentage as BitCoin in the last 5 days.

DJIA: 0.930166407
BTC : 0.931682903

Looks like PRESIDENT DEALS is so good at the economy that he's managed to bring the stability of the world's foremost method of turning electricity into bankruptcy to us all! up uP UP!

(Don't read too much into this, it's silly to compare the two directly.)

Figures taken from Google.

DJIA
25779.57 | 5 days ago
23979.29 | Today

BTC
3694.39 | 5 days ago
3442.00 | Today

EDIT: Goddamnit of course this lovely post sniped. Here's a dog doing math better than the president.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Can you not see that this is an extremely unreasonable conclusion? I mean, we want people to use better judgment and to be more careful, but to claim they are just as bad as "nazis?"

is pewdiepie really the topic in the year of our trump 2018 that you want to carry a tiki torch for

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but racists often deny being racists!

But do actual nazis deny being nazis?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

He expressly denies it all the time. What is he doing, using reverse psychology?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

evilweasel posted:

the literal only way you could ever accidentally drop a hard r without being a tremendous racist who uses the word casually in contexts you think are more private is if you are absentmindedly singing along to a song that includes it

even then you'd better not have slept in a week or something

I remember we were reading Huckleberry Finn out loud together in English class and I had to read the n-word and I was extremely, extremely uncomfortable doing so. Like I actually paused before the word, looked to my teacher, and she said "go ahead, it's ok."

Even then I think I may have mumbled it just because I didn't want to actually say the word.

Basically yeah I agree with you, dropping the hard r except in extremely rare circumstances is a pretty good sign you're a huge racist.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Can you not see that this is an extremely unreasonable conclusion? I mean, we want people to use better judgment and to be more careful, but to claim they are just as bad as "nazis?"

Do you have a bunch of Nazi friends or something?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can you not see that this is an extremely unreasonable conclusion?

No.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Yes?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

teen witch posted:

He really isn’t secretive about the being a racist thing.

No one drops an N bomb when frustrated unless there is something there. It's just not that close to a non-racists' tongue

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Be honest: how many times have you gotten punched for expressing your "opinion" that there are both black people and n-words?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Yes.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

is pewdiepie really the topic in the year of our trump 2018 that you want to carry a tiki torch for

I just don't understand how this guy is getting lumped in with nazis by this thread full of people I usually agree with.

I mean, I guess if making a comment disagreeing with another comment is "carrying a tiki torch", well poo poo, time to abandon thread

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I just don't understand how this guy is getting lumped in with nazis by this thread full of people I usually agree with.

I mean, I guess if making a comment disagreeing with another comment is "carrying a tiki torch", well poo poo, time to abandon thread

Wow, it's calmhitler.jpg made flesh.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

People who legit think Pewdiepie is some kind of secret nazi are stupid as hell. The dude just makes jokes and meme videos, and he only does that because he got bored with video games.

He paid poor people $5 to hold up a sign saying "death to all Jews."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pewds was just having a heated youtube moment.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

If you are being sincere you should take this as a learning moment but I'm not surprised after assuming "guy says he's not racist so he can't be racist" you would white fragility yourself right out the thread lmao

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Go for it.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

I mean, no one’s going to miss you defending a guy who paid some people to wave a sign saying “Kill All Jews” for a ‘joke’.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Yes. So much so that it gets an entire article all its own on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto-fascism

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its because hes a Nazi op

there is not a lot to understand here

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DreamingofRoses posted:

I mean, no one’s going to miss you defending a guy who paid some people to wave a sign saying “Kill All Jews” for a ‘joke’.

I didn't even know he'd done this; all I know is that when you say and do racist things that makes you a loving racist and denying it is both pointless and laughable.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

No one drops an N bomb when frustrated unless there is something there. It's just not that close to a non-racists' tongue

This is a good point. I have/had anger issues and ive said some really awful poo poo when I completely lose my cool. Things that are really hurtful and i regret saying them.

But ive never in my life dropped the N bomb because its such an awful, hateful word. Dude who would so casually drop it definitely has white supremacist/racist thoughts and beliefs.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It’s not surprising that bitcoin crashes with the markets. Bitcoin used to be criminals and stupid people but now it’s mostly criminals and rich people (speculators run amuck). The flip occurred just this Summer.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Remember that Trump-voting salt-of-the-earth lady PBS did an obsequious interview for, and then viewers noticed her arms were covered in Nazi tattoos.

She said the Stormfront logo on her hand was just her celtic heritage, and the '88' tattoo well stop asking me questions don't you have something better to do.

Welp that settles that, Nazi-tattoo lady can't be a Nazi because she said she wasn't and it's Nazi code they have to tell you they're a Nazi if you ask, just like undercover cops.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

He’s willfully lumping himself with Nazis and racists. No one is forcing him in that door, he’s strolling right in.

Men kanske, du förstår inte. Även inom Sverige, ett land som hade negerbollar - han är en jävla rasist.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Solaris 2.0 posted:

This is a good point. I have/had anger issues and ive said some really awful poo poo when I completely lose my cool. Things that are really hurtful and i regret saying them.

But ive never in my life dropped the N bomb because its such an awful, hateful word. Dude who would so casually drop it definitely has white supremacist/racist thoughts and leanings.

I'm a big fan of abusing "gently caress" in very odd ways--it's been a noun, an adjective, and a verb all at once.

Never thought of using the N-word though, probably because I'm not a goddamn racist.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

When did "dropping the hard R" become a synonym for "the N word"? Is it actually that, or have I parsed something wrong?

It really is hard to keep up with all these dog whistles/actual whistles these days.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Ok, so do you mean "actual nazi" in the figurative sense, like how Trump is embracing the same sort of authoritarian, nationalistic, ideas as the 1930's german political movement and so could be called a nazi as a way to demonstrate that he's embracing those old failed and very evil populist ideas?

Or to you mean "actual nazi" as someone who is a card-carrying member of a group who calls themselves nazi?

I just get confused by the heavy rhetoric used sometimes.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Remember that Trump-voting salt-of-the-earth lady PBS did an obsequious interview for, and then viewers noticed her arms were covered in Nazi tattoos.

She said the Stormfront logo on her hand was just her celtic heritage, and the '88' tattoo well stop asking me questions don't you have something better to do.

Welp that settles that, Nazi-tattoo lady can't be a Nazi because she said she wasn't and it's Nazi code they have to tell you they're a Nazi if you ask, just like undercover cops.

Cletus Safaris by news outlets that are supposed to be respectable make me crazy. Why do they think we care?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Well the "we didn't say we we're racist so you can't say we are racist" excuse worked on PBS.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Ok, so do you mean "actual nazi" in the figurative sense, like how Trump is embracing the same sort of authoritarian, nationalistic, ideas as the 1930's german political movement and so could be called a nazi as a way to demonstrate that he's embracing those old failed and very evil populist ideas?

Or to you mean "actual nazi" as someone who is a card-carrying member of a group who calls themselves nazi?

To make things easier, just avoid and ostracize all racists, hth

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

If we drop the Nazi stuff for a minute, can you at least believe he is an actual racist? If not, what do you consider racism?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
pewdiepie is fyad

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wylie posted:

When did "dropping the hard R" become a synonym for "the N word"? Is it actually that, or have I parsed something wrong?

It really is hard to keep up with all these dog whistles/actual whistles these days.

It differentiates between some southern yokel deliberately trying to demean a pic and a drunk sorority girl at a college bar singing a drake song.

Of course it’s a distinction without a difference to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
If you say and do racist things, you're a racist. You don't have to tick the box marked "Nazi" on a survey, you don't even have to do or say racist things all the time, you just have to say or do racist things some of the time. Now, I think there's merit to an argument that says everyone has the potential to be racist to some degree or another (chiefly because it gets us to acknowledge bias that remains inherent long after we raise ourselves above and beyond the circumstances that instilled that bias in the first place) BUT pewdiepie is more racist than just the smoldering kind of background racism. He's a real racist, and his vehement denials assuage nothing of this reality.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

oh my god, dude

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Koalas Massacre posted:

If we drop the Nazi stuff for a minute, can you at least believe he is an actual racist? If not, what do you consider racism?

If he's not actively killing a minority right this very minute, how can we even tell? Best to just assume he means well.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Wylie posted:

It has to do with saying the word and pronouncing the 'er' at the end, whereas if you ended it in 'a' there's something approaching plausible deniability that you were really just quoting a rapper.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Why are you in this thread defending an at-best obnoxious racism enabler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The only difference between Pewdiepie and the Charlottesville Nazis is that Pewdiepie pays people to hold the signs for him that demand the murder of Jews, rather than hold them personally.