Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiaC0jpQ4Kg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh, the ace attorney anime is having a brand new case. I wonder if they're going to skip the Mia trial?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Colonel posted:

will kenji kamiyama manage to make a good anime again some day

i remember liking eden of the east and the two movies fine enough but its been a while since i seen it

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Oh, the ace attorney anime is having a brand new case. I wonder if they're going to skip the Mia trial?

i think that’s gonna be an OVA coming out early next year?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Production IG doing the new Gits means the characters will still be 2d right?
Because while in the right hands gits would be a cool property to experiment with Cg I don’t trust anyone but Orange or Khara to pull it off

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ccs posted:

Production IG doing the new Gits means the characters will still be 2d right?
Because while in the right hands gits would be a cool property to experiment with Cg I don’t trust anyone but Orange or Khara to pull it off

Trigger's been pulling some killer CG this season with Gridman, if you're watching that.

And if you're not, you probably should.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Trigger's been pulling some killer CG this season with Gridman, if you're watching that.

And if you're not, you probably should.

Graphinica is doing the cg for Gridman, afaik

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Either way, it's good CG.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Also, regarding Gridman episode 10: :asoiaf:

The CG was even more on point than usual. This show would need an absolute stinker of an ending to not be my AOTY now.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Release the Spyce continued to go full Takahiro so it's really close to losing me Traitor was Mei which made sense I guess but was a huge rear end pull as well. Also I suspect it's just a ruse

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1071608145691271168

Remember Strike Witches? It's back, in gag manga form.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That’s an anime sir

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Anime based on gag manga, yes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Remember when Strike Witches was considered the worst anime and we were forbidden from mentioning it? Oh how naive we were

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RatHat posted:

Remember when Strike Witches was considered the worst anime and we were forbidden from mentioning it? Oh how naive we were

This never happened. Also it's not even that bad, dumb fanservice reasons for the girls not wearing pants aside.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

strike witches is kind of creepy but it has scenes of girls in bomber jackets flirting with each other, so its impossible to say if its bad or not

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Strike Witches is a land of contrasts, or as the Native Americans call it, maize.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I agree, it's a very corny show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I might watch an episode or two of the gag spinoff because I remember the characters being pretty entertaining.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is Strike Witches fascist propaganda?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there was a oneshot I really liked where a cosplay nerd gets asked by the popular girls to make maid uniforms for their cafe at the school festival and gets together with the girl who volunteers to help her, and in the omake they cosplay strike witches characters so strike witches must be good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Strike Witches is good but the first 2 series had some shots and designs that went too far so I get why people would skip it. Luckily Brave Witches fixed most of those issues

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sad that Saeko Chiba will never come back as Sakamoto because HA HA HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9olkxyq1HU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Is Strike Witches fascist propaganda?

It's less fascist than any American blockbuster to come out in the last decade

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's set during when WWII would be, but it's not about WWII because the world is too busy fighting aliens to have a World War again.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sorry, I didn't watch it back in the day and vaguely remember them having WWII uniforms (with hotpants/skirts). Good to hear it doesn't promote fascism.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The characters are all loosely based off of named after, really, real WWII fighter pilots and their planes, but that's about it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the chars often have traits and backstories that are derived from the aces they're named for, or such things like there being an episode inspired by the incident of Erich Hartmann unknowingly taking Hitler's hat and wearing it. the Chuck Yeager bunny girl's early character building is tied to her being a mechanic and a speedster who eventually becomes the first person in-universe to break the sound barrier

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Space Flower posted:

the chars often have traits and backstories that are derived from the aces they're named for, or such things like there being an episode inspired by the incident of Erich Hartmann unknowingly taking Hitler's hat and wearing it. the Chuck Yeager bunny girl's early character building is tied to her being a mechanic and a speedster who eventually becomes the first person in-universe to break the sound barrier

Still waiting for them to introduce a character named 'Yuri' Gagarin who becomes the first witch to successfully orbit the earth.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well, there's the episode about using a multistage rocket to propel the russian and her finnish girlfriend into the stratosphere. it's not quite Yuri in space, but 30km ain't bad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Cappy posted:

Sorry, I didn't watch it back in the day and vaguely remember them having WWII uniforms (with hotpants/skirts). Good to hear it doesn't promote fascism.

Any perceived allusions to fascism in A Goofy MovieStrike Witches are a wholesale invention of a misguided viewer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Space Flower posted:

I think Chuck's aware of Shirley and he thought it was pretty funny and cool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It's less fascist than any American blockbuster to come out in the last decade

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm going to miss my weekly visits with Honda-San and his bookstore...

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Space Flower posted:

Chuck Yeager bunny girl

I googled this and came up with nothing.

I need this for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ranzear posted:

I googled this and came up with nothing.

I need this for some reason.

http://worldwitches.wikia.com/wiki/Charlotte_E._Yeager

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

New Symphogear delayed to July

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

New Symphogear delayed to July

Huh, I thought that was when it was already supposed to happen, so I guess nothing’s actually changed for me lol

Better delayed than rushed, especially in this business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/status/1072198337271554048