Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:staredog:

https://gfycat.com/BouncySizzlingBellsnake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bob was right. I'm never flaming him again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQOXYB2cd8

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It’s a minor difference at best. Retard Bob still has a lot to answer for.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Why do people still take pictures with their phone when the console has a photo button

dont feel like making a new twitter account, or using that website at all, personally

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s a minor difference at best. Retard Bob still has a lot to answer for.

yeah..hitting and missing is a minor difference. gently caress off moron.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I have diarrhea right now so I can’t really focus on deconstructing your argument, but, you’re embarrassing yourself dude.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

ryu's classic mode path is awesome too, just a bunch of street fighter references

mega man's might be the best one if just for the last fight

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

dont feel like making a new twitter account, or using that website at all, personally

yeah it's too much work to set up a throwaway account on a free website. (takes polaroid photo of tv screen, holds it up to webcam, presses print screen and uploads to imgur)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

yeah it's too much work to set up a throwaway account on a free website. (takes polaroid photo of tv screen, holds it up to webcam, presses print screen and uploads to imgur)

time is money, dude *spends an hour fine tuning the nose on my mii fighter so it looks more like a dick from a side angle* time is money

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I have diarrhea right now so I can’t really focus on deconstructing your argument, but, you’re embarrassing yourself dude.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everyone feels so good and fast and strong in this. they really need to improve the lobby to let you pick characters on the fly, guess i'll random a lot til then

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://twitter.com/adoribbon/status/1071565864866959360?s=19

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

yeah..hitting and missing is a minor difference. gently caress off moron.

both will hit on any character that isn't a pathetic manlet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

We can tell from your posts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

We can tell from your posts.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well yeah, I just posted about i- Ohhhhh. Very loving funny. Make light of my condition. Nice.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

ii dont play fighting games and i havent played a smash since the n64 one. is it worth buying this at all if i dont have anything other than the stock switch controllers. than ks.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cart Mountain posted:

ii dont play fighting games and i havent played a smash since the n64 one. is it worth buying this at all if i dont have anything other than the stock switch controllers. than ks.

yes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cart Mountain posted:

its amazing regardless of controller

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Cart Mountain posted:

I don't have a switch but I played this last night at my friend's house and we did 2 player with just the little joycons. It was really fun and the little controllers work surprisingly great. I'd say give this one a buy!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

Yeah, I've been relearning it on a Switch controller and it works fine.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Actually a 2001 JP-WHITE gamecube controller with shielddrop notches, altered trigger springs and snapback arduino is required to enjoy this game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got the purple wireless GameCube controller with it and it plays so well. I love trying different characters, too. In WOL, what spirits do you all prefer?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cart Mountain posted:

congrats on the lucky cake.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

In Training posted:

Why do people still take pictures with their phone when the console has a photo button

I don’t have a Twitter account and don’t want to use my Facebook account either.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I got the purple wireless GameCube controller with it and it plays so well. I love trying different characters, too. In WOL, what spirits do you all prefer?

idk, the fights tend to demand specific spirits a lot, thank god for the auto-pick button

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im only using kirby so i have 3 go-to subspirits that i like for him and i switch out between 3 mains depending on enemy type. every time i get a main to 99 i replace it with a different one and i swap out some of the subspirits depending on battle gimmicks. i also have a set for stamina which is a neutral main with stamina up and 3 subs with stamina up

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
this game pwns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Incineroar battle in the power plant is difficult

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i mash the autopick button a few times until i see something i like

for the main it normally suggests something around the same score as the fight which is also nice

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the auto suggest also seems smart enough to pick ones that fit with your character, like punch and kick ++ for ryu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i mash the autopick button a few times until i see something i like

for the main it normally suggests something around the same score as the fight which is also nice

Yeah autopick is balanced to give you maximum rewards with your available spirits without makin the fight unwinnable. Pretty cool

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Autopick always wants to give me lip's stick for some reason

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm using Wii Fit with Spring Man as my primary, then the supports that make you start the fight as metal, dodge easier, and do occasional crits. I swap the critical hit one out for status things, and occasionally run a Franklin Badge one for those annoying fights with three enemies all spamming projectiles.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

Autopick always wants to give me lip's stick for some reason
It's real good in stamina fights

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

GameCube posted:

everybody's going nuts for the (wol spoilers) street fighter map but i thought the donkey kong country one was nice

yeah I was pleasantly surprised by that one since I’d already heard about the former

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Which fights have you not been able to do? I've been able to do a few four-stars so far except the Dr. Wily fight, but haven't run into anything above four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I skipped Wily and 9Volt early on. Jeff and Pauline are also really bad on the main map. Most everything else I just tried to power through. I got The Boss on like the 2nd try luckily.