Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also if you thought Pauline was bad there's an even harder version that only shows up on the spirit board, but at least you get to use items for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jeff gave me more trouble than 9-Volt because you can kill the cowboy assist trophy but you can't kill Jeff in that fight. I haven't run into Pauline yet but I've heard complaints.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
pauline was tough until i equipped a spirit with tradeoff speed and made a beeline for any stopwatches that dropped, same with jeff until i had one with franklin badge

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Sigma (stamina battle vs ganondorf with a beam sword) is the only one I couldn't win so far

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Nostradingus posted:

Sigma (stamina battle vs ganondorf with a beam sword) is the only one I couldn't win so far
He's has Mega Man captive. You must save the blue bomber.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

I did this one way too early and it took like ten tries. Ganondorf seems a lot better in this than in the last two Smash games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

18+9volt is a nightmare but I was just thinking if i started the fight w/ franklin badge and assist killer I could crush it if I was really quick..

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Which fights have you not been able to do? I've been able to do a few four-stars so far except the Dr. Wily fight, but haven't run into anything above four.

so far i can't beat the Yoshi team for Yarn Yoshi or Jeff, they're the only ones i'm hitting my head against, but i still have a lot of the map to uncover.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

one of the bad guys made the magma in the gorge activate and i can't cross the bridge and i haven't been able to find a way around it yet. i think i've almost found my way back to both of the blocks at the beginning though

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wol protip: when you're picking spirits, you can filter by recommended and see all the recommendations at once instead of mashing Y hoping to get something you like

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
mashings probably quicker

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I never realized there’s a recommended filter.. thank you, GameCube.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

weird it just lists all my lip’s stick spirits multiple times each.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

weird it just lists all my lip’s stick spirits multiple times each.

it's trying to tell you something about yourself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The autopick is useful for evening the difficulty for the current spirit battle you're in. It generally puts you just below the enemy power level so that you get decent rewards from the battle. I never used autopick for the support spirits and instead just went with my same core group, swapping in a specific one when needed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother has just been spamming falcon kick to clear every fight in WOL, and when that didn't work on the wily spirit repeatedly he slammed the coffee table so hard he broke one of the legs and his gf lost it. he is now grounded from playing games for an indeterminate amount of time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

my brother has just been spamming falcon kick to clear every fight in WOL, and when that didn't work on the wily spirit repeatedly he slammed the coffee table so hard he broke one of the legs and his gf lost it. he is now grounded from playing games for an indeterminate amount of time

so youll get more time on the switch?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

so youll get more time on the switch?

hell yes brother.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The headcanon of Bob's brother being a fictionalization used for him to share some of his more embarrassing gaming stories just got even more epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brother just smashed his fist through my loving 1600 dollar 360hz BenQ/Zowie HD30000 50 inch monitor after I fell off a cliff in the Darkforest Basin. Bruh...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

The headcanon of Bob's brother being a fictionalization used for him to share some of his more embarrassing gaming stories just got even more epic.

being a true gamer i don't have a gf. but one time playing Splatoon 1 I got so mad I lightly touched the wiiu tablet with my forehead, completely smashed the screen and had to pay 50 bucks to fix it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Brother just smashed his fist through my loving 1600 dollar 360hz BenQ/Zowie HD30000 50 inch monitor after I fell off a cliff in the Darkforest Basin. Bruh...

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

being a true gamer i don't have a gf. but one time playing Splatoon 1 I got so mad I lightly touched the wiiu tablet with my forehead, completely smashed the screen and had to pay 50 bucks to fix it

lmao

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

one of the bad guys made the magma in the gorge activate and i can't cross the bridge and i haven't been able to find a way around it yet. i think i've almost found my way back to both of the blocks at the beginning though

The solution for that is actually shown to you right at at the start but it takes a lot of preparation to reach. The bridge is meant to signify a second "half" of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

samoan bob

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sending back my fightstick because it's not heavy enough for when j need to throw it through 8 inches of plywood, for uh, testing.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's nothing, my cousin once tombstoned an N64 before dropping the people's elbow on a bag of unopened cool ranch Doritos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's nothing, my cousin once tombstoned an N64 before dropping the people's elbow on a bag of unopened cool ranch Doritos.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That Dr. Wily one is no joke

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that ivy guy posted:

second "half"

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I remember playing Mario tennis doubles with my older cousin and some of his friends and my team won so my cousin, who was on the losing team, stood up and was using this lovely mad catz gamecube controller and wordlessly started bashing it into the table like a flail until it smashed apart into pieces and we all just sat there quietly lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hizke posted:

I remember playing Mario tennis doubles with my older cousin and some of his friends and my team won so my cousin, who was on the losing team, stood up and was using this lovely mad catz gamecube controller and wordlessly started bashing it into the table like a flail until it smashed apart into pieces and we all just sat there quietly lol

I've had one stand up gamer rage in my life which was when I was playing against Borsche in Quake Live and he was lagging and I was LGing his rear end clean and smooth, and all of a sudden he appeared behind me and killed me, and as soon as I realized what happened I stood up out of my chair and bellowed What the gently caress! and then looked around my room before hammer fisting my keyboard until I ended up having to spend 30 minutes looking around my room to put the keys back on.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I've had one stand up gamer rage in my life which was when I was playing against Borsche in Quake Live and he was lagging and I was LGing his rear end clean and smooth, and all of a sudden he appeared behind me and killed me, and as soon as I realized what happened I stood up out of my chair and bellowed What the gently caress! and then looked around my room before hammer fisting my keyboard until I ended up having to spend 30 minutes looking around my room to put the keys back on.

lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

[wakes up in cold sweat, the gf reaches over] Ayyy... que pasa papi... [chokes on buildup of nervous phlegm] Dark samuses up B is two frames faster than Regular Samus. Madre de dios, man... even though Dark Samus looks like a retarded Haze (2008) character, why would anyone play Samus now!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

:stare: i saw wario eat his own bike

lol