Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Skex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRPi0UBNV-M
Some context on the hard R thing. Plus just a fun listen from the lefty icon who scared Republicans enough to support gun control.

Long but worth it.

The phrasing people use itt threw me a bit because to my mind "dropping" suggests saying the word without the hard R, but it appears that people are using it in the context of dropping fbombs.

Which is what reminded me of this video because Bobby spends a fair bit of time in the presentation providing a cultural sociological explanation of why the hard R isn't a part of African American dialect because it is not a sound that is used in African languages. Which is a fascinating connection to history and how our past so often defines us and our present in ways that are not immediately obvious. Particularly given the extremes to which slavers went to erase the connection of black slaves in America to their cultural heritage in Africa.

this dude loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Trump: "I'm nominating Jon Voight for Staff Chief, uh, because you know.... people might say that he's an actor, he shouldn't be in the White House, but the Democrats also said I shouldn't be here, and I have the highest rating... Remember the election results, I wish I had the map, I usually have the map. Jon Voight knows all about how the government works, and secrets, we have secrets too, don't forget that. National Treasure, what a movie, huh?! General Kelly did a great job and he'll continue to do great, but Jon will do a great job too. He also puts America First, and his daughter is very pretty. Angelina Jolene, right? Very pretty, I think she'd get along with Ivanka. Anyway, good luck General Kelly and welcome Jon."

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

He looks like he should be talking about austria-hungary's latest development.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Squalid posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I think part of the Russian media strategy is to delegitimize ideas they feel are counter to their interests by creating associating them with vaguely defined negative feelings and associations and then insinuating them into the discourse. So the fact that this statement makes no sense doesn’t matter, their are trying to create an association between being a “neocon” and being a bad fake conservative and via this association simultaneously undermine the popularity of the neocon agenda of aggressive foreign policy. Or at least that’s my theory anyway.
Russia's "strategy" is to just throws buckets and buckets of poo poo at us. Don't waste your time trying to decipher meaning from the shapes in the poo poo splatter.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Meatball posted:

He looks like he should be talking about austria-hungary's latest development.

Thank Christ I'm not the only person who has thought he looks like Franz Ferdinand lol.

Somebody please post the picture where he shaved, tia.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Thank Christ I'm not the only person who has thought he looks like Franz Ferdinand lol.

https://twitter.com/tom_carvel/status/1055792995273007104

there's a video of him shaving but there's a lot of screaming and honestly no one needs to see that

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i didn't know a man who wasn't horrifically obese could have 5-6 chins

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/tom_carvel/status/1055792995273007104

there's a video of him shaving but there's a lot of screaming and honestly no one needs to see that

YOU!

WHERE THE gently caress IS YOUR CHIN?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Elephant Ambush posted:

YOU!

Literally my reaction holy poo poo it's that one dude from that Preacher made manifest in the real world.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

If anybody still takes Julian Assange or his weird supporters seriously, extremely lol.

https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1072191167268352003

is it weird that i know what this dudes dick and butthole look like

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Romes128 posted:

I mean, he makes it a point to show them to the internet due to being broke brained, so no

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lightning Knight posted:

He actually looks pretty similar to another conservative historical figure:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

It always amazes me that these inbred shitheels can support the Donny Pisspants in one breath and complain about ethics in the next. It is almost like there are misfiring neurons flying around in the part that should be considered a brain.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Madkal posted:

It always amazes me that these inbred shitheels can support the Donny Pisspants in one breath and complain about ethics in the next. It is almost like there are misfiring neurons flying around in the part that should be considered a brain.

Everything
They
Do
Is
In
Bad
Faith

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Michael Moates is a pedophile.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Romes128 posted:

New thread title plz

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah but all those fuckers looked the same because they were sleeping with their own family members and poo poo. :colbert:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'd say this is childish but that'd just turn him on.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah but all those fuckers looked the same because they were sleeping with their own family members and poo poo. :colbert:

True that

His cousin, King George V of the UK

This guy was too early to be fash, but his son was posted as far away as they could get him during WWII since he was a Nazi sympathizer

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 10, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Elephant Ambush posted:

YOU!

Dude he's got like five of them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The party of law and order...

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1072244797753212931

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

This is what they mean when they say that their legal strategy is :shrug:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Vintersorg posted:

Michael Moates is a pedophile.

He's got a real Blake Farenthold pajama party vibe so I am unsurprised.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Lightning Knight posted:

If anybody still takes Julian Assange or his weird supporters seriously, extremely lol.

https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1072191167268352003

In what universe is this bearded asswipe a comedian? Unless CHUDs just find white supremacy funny in and of itself.

Lightning Knight posted:

Well yeah, blame Queen Victoria and her like 9 kids or whatever. There's a reason they call her "the mother of Europe." Leaders of Russia, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Sweden and England all trace back to her.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 10, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Just a reminder that Brat Kavanaw said Democrats would REAP THE WHIRLWIND for having the gall to question him.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Pretty brave move for the Republicans to adopt a "existence is a crime" defense.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Feldegast42 posted:

Oh drat lol they look really similar

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Homer Simpson's "Oh sure, everything looks bad if you remember it".txt

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Inferior Third Season posted:

Russia's "strategy" is to just throws buckets and buckets of poo poo at us. Don't waste your time trying to decipher meaning from the shapes in the poo poo splatter.

also their "strategy" doesnt look very far into the future and is going to have long tern consequences.

Like some smarter peeps have said that Putin is a decent tactician(short term), but a terrible strategist(long). Unles sPutin goes cyberpunk immortal, the power vacuum when he passes is going to eff Russia up.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mango sentinel posted:

He's got a real Blake Farenthold pajama party vibe so I am unsurprised.

He sent "suggestive" messages to 16 year olds knowing they were 16.

No repercussions to him, apparently.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 10, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my man you can't do this when you had a weeklong psychopathic meltdown over kavanaugh.

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/1072232232092352512

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They're going to harness the immense powers of the Baby Geniuses sequels, nothing can stop them now :ohdear:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Ripoff posted:

Glad to see the rude teens are still here, was hoping they could keep the momentum going (though I think most of them are probably neck-deep in their first semester of college).
I think a bunch of them are taking the year off to do political activism, actually. Parkland kids are badass.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1072256156041707521

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

In what universe is this bearded asswipe a comedian? Unless CHUDs just find white supremacy funny in and of itself.

Shoving stuff up your butt to prove that you don't hate gay people and actually stepping on your wierd carrot gross dick to own the libs is pretty funny in a "watch this horribly stupid clown car pileup" sort of way

He's like all chuds: they laugh at the bitter horribly racist poo poo; we laugh at the sheer failure and spectacle that is their hate filled and horrible little lives

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

good point but I don't approve of her grammar

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/MuhFreezePeach/status/1072256952892358656

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VH4Ever posted:

They do. But the joke is that Cassandra Fairbanks, one of the mythical Bernie - Trump supporters, Gateway Pundit and former Sputnik writer, and lifetime Assange stan, is the one tweeting this garbage.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Look whose suddenly changing her plea from Not Guilty to Guilty. No word if she’s flipped yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ource=applenews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Plenty of Republicans support SSM, and that probably goes double if you’re a Republican in Hollywood.

Unfortunately, they’re still, y’know, Republicans.