Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They are just going to reset the entire mode, probably give you a new matchup, and give everyone 1st place rewards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I love when a new release screws up because it means we get a bunch of good free poo poo for zero effort.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Do they literally not even play the game after they push an update to it? All kinds of other little stuff broke this time, like the "remember last battle" feature.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
on the plus side i finally switched my payout time so I should be getting #1 in ship arena every day now instead of sharing it with 4 other people :stoked:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, Thrawn still just wrecks me as soon as I get to him. I barely take any damage from the early parts, but can't even kill a single one of the guys with Thrawn himself.

I think i'm going to need to zeta Ezra or something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Thrawn still just wrecks me as soon as I get to him. I barely take any damage from the early parts, but can't even kill a single one of the guys with Thrawn himself.

I think i'm going to need to zeta Ezra or something.

at g8/9 with arena-grade mods, the fight is still extremely difficult.

You'll probably have to try it 25-50 times before you get it.

The key is entering the lastphase, taunting and putting back-up plan on kanan and then using chopper/ezra/zeb to dispell/stagger the deathtroopers.

Once you get that stack, you'll be okay to win with 1-2 dudes left standing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am one fleet arena shipment away from raising my ship power 10k and almost definitely vaulting into the top 50 and it wont show up, i am so tempted to crystal refresh but i know thats dumb aaaaaaaaa

edit: i actually got lucky and it showed up in a shipment before my fleet arena timer, as it turns out gaining 14k power was a good way to jump into the top 50. i may be able to do top 25 with this group or if the shipments are nice to me before fleet arena reset tomorrow and give me the other phoenix ship i will gain another 12k and should be able to cruise

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 11, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Took me I think about 12 tries to finally beat Thrawn. Second last time, I killed Thrawn but the ST officers got me before i could get them, how embarrassing. I found that it was mostly who Thrawn decides to target, if he focuses on Zeb or Chop, i got further if he focuses on Ezra or Hera. Though he seemed ot be able to ignore chops taunt.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Took me I think about 12 tries to finally beat Thrawn. Second last time, I killed Thrawn but the ST officers got me before i could get them, how embarrassing. I found that it was mostly who Thrawn decides to target, if he focuses on Zeb or Chop, i got further if he focuses on Ezra or Hera. Though he seemed ot be able to ignore chops taunt.

Bravo, you've taken your first step into a larger world

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, Thrawn is good on basically every team. Like, there's some teams where someone would be better thanks to synergy, but Thrawn would still ALSO be good. Also, zeta Ebb and Flow as soon as possible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Thrawn is good on basically every team. Like, there's some teams where someone would be better thanks to synergy, but Thrawn would still ALSO be good. Also, zeta Ebb and Flow as soon as possible.

I've had that done for ages. It was just getting his last star that was the challenge.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
3PO's kit is out. It's weirdly only a few terse abilities. It's nice to see CG going back to their roots.

e: a "few" relative to tekken characters and "terse" relative to Ulysses by James Joyce

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 13, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now that Thrawn is taken care of, I'm 100% focusing on getting JTR, though I have no idea when that's going to happen. I don't even know what characters I need, I think i'm at the stage were you need Vet Han and Chewie.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Now that Thrawn is taken care of, I'm 100% focusing on getting JTR, though I have no idea when that's going to happen. I don't even know what characters I need, I think i'm at the stage were you need Vet Han and Chewie.

I'm so very, very sorry.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
They are both soul crushing 16 energy cantina farms and as far as I can tell, have barely any use outside of the JTR event. Have fun !

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

You also need BB-8 (if you don't have him already), who needs First Order characters, so that's a bit of a grind too if you want to start there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

They are both soul crushing 16 energy cantina farms and as far as I can tell, have barely any use outside of the JTR event. Have fun !

No use.

Why are there people who aren't grinding for Revan?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah get the revan toons. They need hardly any gear (g8ish), Revan is the best toon in the game, and they are all pretty cool in their own right. Jolee/Bastila join revan in the current meta, mission/Z can go hang out w Qira on a top tier TW defense team, and T3 is a droid with a cool kit so he can fit in lots of places.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

No use.

That's what I'm doing now, but it has a similar cantina grind with T3 and Mission (one is only 12 energy, the other is still 16). It sucks, and I hate it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh I should have mentioned since the last JTR I've 7*'d chewie and han and I completed BB8 a while ago, just gearing them up now, I think Han is good enough, buy I think Chewie needs at least another gearl level to be useful. It's what after that I need to worry about. I Zeta'd Finn, but I don't have a full resistance team yet, though It doesn't matter if I use R2 in that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Oh I should have mentioned since the last JTR I've 7*'d chewie and han and I completed BB8 a while ago, just gearing them up now, I think Han is good enough, buy I think Chewie needs at least another gearl level to be useful. It's what after that I need to worry about. I Zeta'd Finn, but I don't have a full resistance team yet, though It doesn't matter if I use R2 in that.

g7/8 is fine for the smugbros.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chilichimp posted:

No use.

You can use them as Smugglers for that one event.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

You can use them as Smugglers for that one event.

Can you tho? ~Can you~?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
They technically count, but I'm so underleveled/geared for that smuggler poo poo that it basically doesn't exist for me. I'm currently finishing up Ranged Trooper and then my grinds are BIG Z, Jango/Tooth, Joleeeeeeeeee, and Bossk. I'm also gathering shards for HK47 since I suspect he'll get an Old Republic tag at some point for when they do BAD Revan.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So, what are people's thoughts on 3PO's kit? It's a poo poo ton to read, but I don't see anything useful for my teams, personally. But I get bored halfway through reading one of the many uniques he has, so I figure I'm missing something.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

So, what are people's thoughts on 3PO's kit? It's a poo poo ton to read, but I don't see anything useful for my teams, personally. But I get bored halfway through reading one of the many uniques he has, so I figure I'm missing something.

It's probably gonna be rad for raids and TW. Not meta yet, but he has
code:
ALL THE TAGS
so the chances of him contributing in a number of areas including arena in the future are fairly good.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Basically his passives boil down to:

C-3P0 has +30 speed and lets Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, and Ewoks gain a special cumulative buff (Translation) as they use specials while he's alive (which expires immediately when he's dead).
Stacks provide, in order: +30% Max Health, +15% Critical Chance, Cooldowns reduced by 1 when 3P0 uses basic.

C-3P0 and R2D2 get +10% Evasion for each stack of Translation on them. They start a fight with a stack of Translation. C-3P0 escapes if everyone else is dead.

All allies get +10% Defense Penetration, +10% Potency, +10% Critical Damage.

Galactic Republic allies get 15% Protection Up for 2 turns any time they gain a new non-unique, non-Protection buff. They also get +10% Defense Penetration for each Translation stack.
Rebel allies inflict a non-Evade-able Expose for 2 turns on a target they use a basic on. They also get +10% Potency for each Translation stack.
Resistance allies inflict a non-Evade-able Offense Down for 2 turns on a target they use a special on. They also get +10% Critical Damage for each Translation stack.

Ewoks get ALL of the three above passive benefits, but +20% for each Translation stack for them.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Ewoks are meta now get ready

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Steamrolled my opponents defense in GA. Managed some good lopsided gp wins, zVeers troopers were just as effective against NS as advertised, and my wiggs/chaze/chewie handily defeated a 20k gp higher KRU team. The only fight that didnt go in my favor GP wise was my RJT vs their jedi, but with a g12 zetad bastila I didnt want to take chances. They left their arena ezpz team for offense so we'll see how my defense goes. I don't think his remaining ships can defeat my genosians though so I should be safe to win it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
my opponent underplaced in front row poo poo and I ended up wasting CLS chewhan and my imperial traya counter for the bench.

Lost a match to his ewoks trying to under-play, turned out to be a mistake.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
All my rival's teams at 100k+ g12 with full zetas. Must be to balance my luck since my last opponent forgot to place defending teams.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thrawn527 posted:

That's what I'm doing now, but it has a similar cantina grind with T3 and Mission (one is only 12 energy, the other is still 16). It sucks, and I hate it.

as a new account where some farms are changes stuff with regard to the old road map a great deal, and i am not looking forward to the mission and t3 farm but at least i will have something like six? levels of farming t3 where i cant even open missions node yet so i hope that'll help with that some.

the one thats killing me is that bastila, jolee and zalbaar are all on hard nodes. i am only doing bastila and jolee and thats still putting a hurting on my energy every day. i am doing three refreshes on normal energy which hasnt come back to haunt me yet since i am getting top 100 arena/top 50 ships but all of these hard nodes i have to farm suuuuuck.

i am getting a young lando i didnt expect to be getting because ships is beyond idiotic rng, ive been at 20/25 for ghost for several days now :I

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin Ewoks

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Popete posted:

Fuckin Ewoks

I know, right?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I've been very unlucky on proccing Elder's second rez and free assists. :/

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

WerrWaaa posted:

I've been very unlucky on proccing Elder's second rez and free assists. :/

as someone whose first seven star was an ewok, and whose third, fourth, fifth, and sixth zetas were all ewoks, I'm pretty happy to finally not have to panic farm an event, or slow farm it for the second time around.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

as someone whose first seven star was an ewok, and whose third, fourth, fifth, and sixth zetas were all ewoks, I'm pretty happy to finally not have to panic farm an event, or slow farm it for the second time around.

I want this to happen to me with my bounty hunter team I've had forever because I just really like bounty hunters.

They used to really suck but recent changes and adding Bossk has actually made them pretty formidable.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

My Ewoks are good, but still bad RNG is keeping me from my golden god dream. Will I have him by the end of the event? Yes. But I'd rather save gear and effort for BH next week. :/

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 16, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

*edit nevermind, after complaining on the internet I got it to work a try or two later.

gently caress me how do I beat tier 7 of this event. Everyone posts kill orders starting with Chewie but he is never not stealthed.

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

WerrWaaa posted:

*edit nevermind, after complaining on the internet I got it to work a try or two later.

gently caress me how do I beat tier 7 of this event. Everyone posts kill orders starting with Chewie but he is never not stealthed.

use paploo to dispel buffs on the enemies so c3po doesn't trigger everyone every time he goes, in particular Han and Chewie. Logray also needs to cleanse, try to keep those two from having translate and kill whichever one doesn't get stealth by r2. if they both wind up stealthed, reload because I don't think you can win when that happens. Chewie and Han need to go first, preferably Chewie but there's no guaranteed way to keep him from being stealthed. Wicket's assist will stealth (good for EE) but because of Paploo's unique he gets taunt from Wicket instead, so don't be afraid to send paploo to dispel someone instead of stealthing elder. Have g11+ on all of them, otherwise Han can and will kill them in a single turn. You will probably need your raid mods on this one, too, so mod switch. Speed up sets on everyone, with turn order generally going for Wicket>Elder>Logray>Paploo>Chirpa. Do realize that several of them give turn meter, so orders going to poo poo after the first wave of attacks, but it maximizes your ability to give TM to Wicket. If you start with Wickets assist calling Elder, that should give the rest of them turn. Elder can either cleanse if necessary, revive if anyone died in the initial salvo, or attack again for more TM. Logray then gives his buffs and Tm to everyone, Paploo dispels the taunt that hopefully showed up because you've depleted protection on someone, then Chirpa mass assault with buffs (giving more TM from Elder) so that Wicket goes again - fire your AoE and the whole gang should get a turn 2 off of pure TM gain. Hopefully Chewie is dead or mostly dead by the end of this turn. You will probably want 250+ speed on ALL of your Ewoks. The secondary set is CC on Wicket, Chirpa, and anyone else who can survive without health/defense secondaries. Paploo probably needs health to survive a translate going off, and I threw health on Elder on and Logray because they die easy (and my Health sets have more speed than my CC ones that weren't on Wicket and Chirpa).