Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Captainicus posted:

I recommend you use your ayatans to build yourself a nice butler prime to serve you tea to relax between warcrimes

Aww, you built Ordis a body.

gaj70 posted:

Also check your inventory for legendary cores, a mod called "Primed Chamber," and "arcane" elements. The first two in particular are quite valuable nowadays.

Arcane wareframe heads are a big jackpot since you can't get those anymore but they still work. Some go for hundreds of plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Fruity20 posted:

i'm a narmon sadly and i'm stuck trying to unlock new powers that aren't the ones from war from within. though i do have power drift i think.

In that case, the adjustment to make is dropping Augur Secrets in favor of Fleeting Expertise. If you don't have Fleeting Expertise, it's worth dropping everything to farm derelict vaults until you get it and the other corrupted frame mods. They're a drastic increase in power, and there are quite a few builds that just don't work properly without one of Fleeting Expertise/Narrow Minded/Overextended. At the point where you are in the game, I'd hold off on Power Drift. It's more for players who are very far along and willing to burn a forma or two and an exilus adapter for a tiny boost to power strength.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
TFW the thread reminds you you have well over a thousand plat in Arcane helmets collecting dust. :thunk:

I should probably finally sell those

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Captainicus posted:

I recommend you use your ayatans to build yourself a nice butler prime to serve you tea to relax between warcrimes

that's loving amazing. 11/10 creativity.

you need to send this to the devs somehow, i feel like it'd end up in a devstream or you'd get some kind of reward. i've never seen anything this creative in lander decorations.

edit: oh i guess steve already found it somehow. i should read poo poo before posting maybe

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Captainicus posted:

Maroo in Maroo's bazaar on Earth Mars has a weekly mission for an ayatan scuplture, but beyond that all you can do is hope you get lucky.

Arbitrations give tons of sculptures but you have to have finished the entire star map to do them.

Pipski posted:

Well, so far, of the 3 initial Fortuna missions I've attempted, two have fatally glitched: one failed to spawn one of the timed objectives, and the other repeatedly fails to spawn any power cells for the excavators. I can't pretend it hasn't taken the shine off the whole thing.

The enemies with power cells just have a very low spawn rate to drag it out a bit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

DoombatINC posted:

Also check to see if you've got a Lato Vandal, because they're neat :)

I do, the normal Lato and both Bratons too. I guess I was really into assault rifles.

I don't think I have any of the other stuff, my Excal was only level 17 so I must've played for some days and checked out.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Regrettable posted:

Arbitrations give tons of sculptures but you have to have finished the entire star map to do them.

The enemies with power cells just have a very low spawn rate to drag it out a bit.

No, I mean not one in 20 minutes. Couldn't even start the excavator. After 3 restarts I got it done with no problem once they came along normally.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Pipski posted:

No, I mean not one in 20 minutes. Couldn't even start the excavator. After 3 restarts I got it done with no problem once they came along normally.

That is some terrible luck you have there, friend. You have my condolences.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Substandard posted:

I asked this in chat yesterday, but didn't get a response. Are all the loot detectors additive? Like can I stack Loot Detector, Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct? I gave this a try for mining yesterday, but it didn't seem to increase the range of mining node detection noticeably.

Loot detector ranges are additive but I don't know that they effect mining node detection at all. That may be solely on the mining laser used.

Enemy radar has the neat side effect of seemingly causing enemies (as long as they're already alert like in a defense or survival) to immediately notice you and come running, even if they're tiles away and have no hope of actually seeing you. This has niche uses, otherwise one loot/enemy detector is usually fine. E: And if you do really really want to stack it, Ivara comes with built in radar.

Captainicus posted:

STEVE!?

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 10, 2018

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??

Pipski posted:

When this has happened to me it's because the power carriers have decided to duck behind a wall 500 meters away instead of attacking the excavator, and of course no more will spawn while the inital group is hiding. Thankfully I haven't actually lost any excavators while hunting down the stray carriers but boy am I looking forward to this getting hotfixed.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

OpinionCushion posted:

When this has happened to me it's because the power carriers have decided to duck behind a wall 500 meters away instead of attacking the excavator, and of course no more will spawn while the inital group is hiding. Thankfully I haven't actually lost any excavators while hunting down the stray carriers but boy am I looking forward to this getting hotfixed.

that could well have been it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Regrettable posted:

This is genuinley the most annoying thing i've run into about excavations. I really like the optional risk-reward of running as many of them as possible and juggling the power carrying/protection which feels great, but having all of them stall because you didn't manipulate the spawnpoints right or "bad luck" feels like a horrible way to get hosed without anything you can do about it.

I've only run into it with awful solo-spawnrates and even then so rarely that it feels like a bug (and thankfully never as bad as 10+ minutes without a cell, which would probably make me abort the mission and restart the game), so i really can't believe it's an intentional design.

e: more generally it feels a bit odd how moving around will generally be detrimental for spawns because you leave a lot of enemies spread out that get lost or stuck in pathfinding, so you're actually incentivitzed to camp at the very end of a corridor where the game can easily just spawn every single enemy around a close corner in a single spot. Seems kind of at odds with the fluid movement system or objectives that make you change position frequently.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 10, 2018

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Mesa P trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGygsaXxtY

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

This is genuinley the most annoying thing i've run into about excavations. I really like the optional risk-reward of running as many of them as possible and juggling the power carrying/protection which feels great, but having all of them stall because you didn't manipulate the spawnpoints right or "bad luck" feels like a horrible way to get hosed without anything you can do about it.

I've only run into it with awful solo-spawnrates and even then so rarely that it feels like a bug (and thankfully never as bad as 10+ minutes without a cell, which would probably make me abort the mission and restart the game), so i really can't believe it's an intentional design.

e: more generally it feels a bit odd how moving around will generally be detrimental for spawns because you leave a lot of enemies spread out that get lost or stuck in pathfinding, so you're actually incentivitzed to camp at the very end of a corridor where the game can easily just spawn every single enemy around a close corner in a single spot. Seems kind of at odds with the fluid movement system or objectives that make you change position frequently.

I was talking about the Fortuna excavations but yeah they definitely have some issues with spawns in normal excavations sometimes.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In Steve's stream earlier today he said the character alignment thingy from War Within will actually have some effect and then he immediately mentioned The New War.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
can't wait for a really meaningful single reactive line of dialogue from teshin

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Precisely.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Psion posted:

can't wait for a really meaningful single reactive line of dialogue from teshin

This but without any irony whatsofuckingever

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Since twitch drop campaign is back, anyone got that link to the site that keeps streams up?

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
My biggest annoyance right now is defence missions where the last enemy has gotten stuck in the walls and is mostly unkillable. Wasting like 5 minutes trying to aoe kill it is not fun.
If there are only 1 or 2 left it should start a timer and just start the next wave.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Hobold posted:

Since twitch drop campaign is back, anyone got that link to the site that keeps streams up?

it's back? where did you hear that? https://www.warframe.com/news/limited-time-twitch-drops-1

http://brackethouse.dk/wf/

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 10, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ianmacdo posted:

My biggest annoyance right now is defence missions where the last enemy has gotten stuck in the walls and is mostly unkillable. Wasting like 5 minutes trying to aoe kill it is not fun.
If there are only 1 or 2 left it should start a timer and just start the next wave.

Sounds like you're not using Lenz at all times.

A foolish mistake. Tallgeese, send this monster to video game jail!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Did Butler Prime get posted on reddit or is someone at DE lurking this thread

ABUSIVE

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Inzombiac posted:

Sounds like you're not using Lenz at all times.

:yeah:

I just put my fourth Forma into mine.

The Lenz is A Bow™.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Thanks. Maybe I'll remember to bookmark it this time.

:negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kyrosiris posted:

:yeah:

I just put my fourth Forma into mine.

The Lenz is A Bow™ warcrime.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wait, so I can watch old streams with a linked account and generate drops?
I'm more than happy to have them running on mute on a second monitor.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my new laptop can run this well instead of struggling with 30fps so im trying it again. bouncing all over the place at such a lovely variable framerate was actually making me motion sick i think.

anyway, i bound crouch to q which made sliding and diving way smoother. any other suggestions for keybinds?

also is there a daily limit to these twitch drops?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Awesome! posted:

my new laptop can run this well instead of struggling with 30fps so im trying it again. bouncing all over the place at such a lovely variable framerate was actually making me motion sick i think.

anyway, i bound crouch to q which made sliding and diving way smoother. any other suggestions for keybinds?

No daily limit, one drop every hour I believe.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Awesome! posted:

It's capped at 1 drop per hour. It doesn't matter how many streams you have open, only the first one counts. http://brackethouse.dk/wf/ is still useful because it periodically refreshes the streams in case someone goes offline or switches games.

Fun fact, when they first did twitch drops last year you could open up an infinite number of streams and get drops from each one of them. I had to make an autohotkey macro to open and read all my mail because my inbox was lagging so badly. I've never had to farm Nitain and I have enough glyphs to cover every square inch of my lander's interior. I have 14 spare Frost Harka helmets that I can't sell.

There was also one devstream where Rebecca tried to give everyone watching an Exilus Adapter and somehow gave everyone 25-30 of them instead.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Does anyone know how power strength interacts with Magnetize bubbles? It seems like a lot of enemies don't get clustered together, or if the original enemy dies they aren't pulled towards the center anymore. I've seen enemies walk through or outright resist the pull effect after a little while.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

For anyone looking at the Twitch drops and salivating - perhaps licking their chops and tying a handkerchief around their neck, as they sit at their desk with a fork and knife grasped firmly in their hands, as the visible scent-trails of Loot tickle their nostrils - you should be aware that you could get a good frame or nifty Riven mod.

What you will get is 7,500 credits/hr at the expense of your next electricity bill.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hey you know what sucks, when my Dethcube gets killed for the second time in an ESO that's it for the rest of the mission, but I can't give it Safeguard because I literally can't get the mouse cursor on it no matter how fast or what direction I spin the mouse/controller. Is there any trick to that? I can Safeguard other people's pets so clearly I can't Safeguard my own sentinels due to a technical limitation. Is there maybe some kinda cosmetics that I can put on the cube to make it large enough to target?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I used to be comfortable enough with Safeguard that I could pop it on my sentinels with some circle-strafing and wrist flicking, but it's usually more foolproof to use level geometry to get it into a good position

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

How can I confirm this thing is logged in to my Twitch so I get credit, and also, why does it default to 2 streams at once? Do I get more stuff for watching multiple streams or is it just a redundancy incase one stream fails?

DoombatINC posted:

I used to be comfortable enough with Safeguard that I could pop it on my sentinels with some circle-strafing and wrist flicking, but it's usually more foolproof to use level geometry to get it into a good position

Hmm thanks I didn't know sentinels have collision detection with level geometry, I'll try that. I can't really wrist-flick since I'm on controller mostly, and even when I'm not I've got carpal tunnel.

I keep asking, but does anyone know of a AHK script that'll do rapid-fire for Xbox controller buttons? Melee-mashing is murdering my wrist.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 10, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
My advice is unhelpful, but. Primed Regen exists but you'd have to trade with players. Or, ESO as Trinity

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

McKilligan posted:

Does anyone know how power strength interacts with Magnetize bubbles? It seems like a lot of enemies don't get clustered together, or if the original enemy dies they aren't pulled towards the center anymore. I've seen enemies walk through or outright resist the pull effect after a little while.
Think they just broke the succ a while ago, either intentionally or not. Power Strength does help you pull dudes into bubbles though.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Another question, if a Riven has negative % damage to Grineer, is that multiplicative against universal damage like Pressure Point, or are these always additive? I'm used to Path of Exile where if two modifiers weren't named the exact same thing, they would multiply against each other.

Tylana posted:

My advice is unhelpful, but. Primed Regen exists but you'd have to trade with players. Or, ESO as Trinity

I didn't know Regen had a primed version, that would just about do it, thanks.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Zero VGS posted:

Hey you know what sucks, when my Dethcube gets killed for the second time in an ESO that's it for the rest of the mission, but I can't give it Safeguard because I literally can't get the mouse cursor on it no matter how fast or what direction I spin the mouse/controller. Is there any trick to that? I can Safeguard other people's pets so clearly I can't Safeguard my own sentinels due to a technical limitation. Is there maybe some kinda cosmetics that I can put on the cube to make it large enough to target?
If you run directly towards the camera it should put the sentinel in a position where you can target it. That's how I did it when I used Nezha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

For anyone looking at the Twitch drops and salivating - perhaps licking their chops and tying a handkerchief around their neck, as they sit at their desk with a fork and knife grasped firmly in their hands, as the visible scent-trails of Loot tickle their nostrils - you should be aware that you could get a good frame or nifty Riven mod.

What you will get is 7,500 credits/hr at the expense of your next electricity bill.

I don't remember the last time I turned my PC off so no biggie