Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

MrSargent posted:

This has probably already been posted, but I just found out about it and thought there might be a few others who were in the same boat. Amazon is having a sale on Diablo 3: Eternal Collection for 39.99 ($20 off) and the sale appears to end today. I really wanted to grab this for some couch co-op with the wife but couldn't justify spending over $60 on a game I have already purchased twice (we used to play online together).

I blame the countless posts in this thread saying how awesome console Diablo is on the Switch for spending more money on D3.

Been lower than this but that was black Friday. So if you wait it WILL be cheaper, but you might be waiting a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1072189243697446912

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Sayonara Wild Hearts looks pretty fuckin dope.

It looks like absolutely nothing to me. Like, what even is it.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Is Diablo 3 playable completely offline, say with a non-seasonal character?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm not sure what level the unlock battles are, but its sure above the default difficulty in SMASH mode.

I just picked Ike and kill them because he can smash anybody out at around 50% (and his up smash hits in front and behind him)

Change to someone else for super fast characters cause they will murder him. Sheik was by far the toughest for me in this game which was werid.

Thanks,

I am feeling better now anyway as I finally beat Isabelle, Lucina and Pokemon trainer and I consider that a good days work! Isabelle was so tough. I had success using link and detonating bombs! 38 characters (not counting any mii fighters) is pretty respectable for someone who sucks at Smash like me!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Links new remote bombs are so good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Yeah, seasons are fun but they don't really add that much ultimately. Its fine offline

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Yes, it's fully featured even offline.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It looks like some garbage that is riding entirely on 80s references like Ready Player One

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BattleMaster posted:

It looks like some garbage that is riding entirely on 80s references like Ready Player One

...what? It's got a neon 80s look but I don't see any pop culture references.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/PanicButtonGame/status/1072221439145771008

nice little christmas update for DOOMheads

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Inzombiac posted:

...what? It's got a neon 80s look but I don't see any pop culture references.

I didn't care enough to pay close attention but I remember a prominent shot of an original game boy cartridge in the first trailer. I felt like it was safe to assume it was a substanceless mass of 80s references since that's what's in vogue right now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Panic button are unreal. Amazing work

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BattleMaster posted:

I didn't care enough to pay close attention but I remember a prominent shot of an original game boy cartridge in the first trailer. I felt like it was safe to assume it was a substanceless mass of 80s references since that's what's in vogue right now

"I wasn't paying attention but I assume it's something I hate".

Christ, you are extremely dumb.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Inzombiac posted:

"I wasn't paying attention but I assume it's something I hate".

Christ, you are extremely dumb.

If it's so great then what kind of game is it? All of the articles about it say "we don't know what it is"

Oh right, it's an 80s nostalgia cash in

edit: also "hate" is a really strong word for thinking something looks dumb

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 10, 2018

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Links new remote bombs are so good

Yep, only realised they had remote detonation today! They really threw Isabelle off her stride enabling me to defeat her once and for all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BattleMaster posted:

If it's so great then what kind of game is it? All of the articles about it say "we don't know what it is"

Oh right, it's an 80s nostalgia cash in

edit: also "hate" is a really strong word for thinking something looks dumb

You seem to have decided what the game is despite, by your own admission, that no one really knows yet.

Seriously, read your posts before you hit submit.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Inzombiac posted:

You seem to have decided what the game is despite, by your own admission, that no one really knows yet.

Seriously, read your posts before you hit submit.

It's more like I think anyone who says that they want to play it without knowing what it is just because it looks 80s is stupid

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BattleMaster posted:

It's more like I think anyone who says that they don't want to play it without knowing what it is just because it looks 80s is stupid
I agree.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you know who else keeps coasting on going "hey, remember 80s thing?" that's right......nintendo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Motto posted:

you know who else keeps coasting on going "hey, remember 80s thing?" that's right......nintendo

Nintendo is the only one that does it well since they at least keep things fresh at the same time. It’s absolutely insane that series’ like Mario and Zelda still keep coming out with amazing great sequels after so long.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Assuming I eventually get four controllers, what's the best option for filling that out? We will have the joycons that come with it and I also bought a Pro Controller. Do I want two more pro-type controllers, or one joycon and one Pro-type? What are the best knockoffs?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Look Sir Droids posted:

Assuming I eventually get four controllers, what's the best option for filling that out? We will have the joycons that come with it and I also bought a Pro Controller. Do I want two more pro-type controllers, or one joycon and one Pro-type? What are the best knockoffs?

That's hard to say. I'd go for another Pro and get some nice cases for the Joycons. There are a bunch out there. I have some that make them feel like tiny Xbox controllers and we're comfortable for a two hour Mario Kart session.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Look Sir Droids posted:

I'd go with 2 pro controllers and 2 sets of joycons

2 sets of joy-cons turns into 4 for games where you only need 1 joycon

and if you have 2 pro controllers it means you have 4 full controllers for games like Smash and whoever is the better player can get rotated onto the joycons when they are winning

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Oh poo poo, he's a host!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bowmore posted:

I'd go with 2 pro controllers and 2 sets of joycons

2 sets of joy-cons turns into 4 for games where you only need 1 joycon

and if you have 2 pro controllers it means you have 4 full controllers for games like Smash and whoever is the better player can get rotated onto the joycons when they are winning

Two independent joycons is the best way to play any game

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Pro Controller is a great feeling controller but it's way too expensive to justify buying multiple I think. I've seen third party controllers that connect via USB but have there been any third party or knockoffs that use wireless?

edit: Here's a bit of 80s nostalgia for you: the guest is the one who gets stuck with the lovely unlicensed third party controller :xd:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shameful the pro controller doesn't have a headphone jack. The absolute best feature of the PS4 controller

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Shameful the pro controller doesn't have a headphone jack. The absolute best feature of the PS4 controller

True, but the Pro controllers battery lasts like 100x longer.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Pro Controller with a dual purpose microphone/headphone jack for headsets would have been perfect for the alternative universe version of the Switch with native voice chat that we didn't get

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

The Pro Controller is a great feeling controller but it's way too expensive to justify buying multiple I think. I've seen third party controllers that connect via USB but have there been any third party or knockoffs that use wireless?

edit: Here's a bit of 80s nostalgia for you: the guest is the one who gets stuck with the lovely unlicensed third party controller :xd:

I'm surprised anyone reading this thread doesn't know this works with the Switch but it does and it's great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748S3GXG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_7dUdCbF0X5WYS

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Imagined posted:

I'm surprised anyone reading this thread doesn't know this works with the Switch but it does and it's great.

I remember there being issues with wireless compatibility but I see now that there were firmware updates for the controllers that fix it so that's cool.

I never ended up getting another controller because I like how the pro controller feels and the joycons in a shell are fine for a second player.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Panic button are unreal. Amazing work

yeah they really are the gold standard for nintendo switch ports and it's not even close

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Motto posted:

I wish nintendo would let me remember the 90's :colbert:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wish nintendo would let me remember the 90's :colbert:

"We have a console for those who want to remember the 90's, and that's the Wii U"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Imagined posted:

I wish 8BitDo would hurry up and announce when the hell the SN30 Pro+ is coming out. It's just "Holiday 2018" and they revealed it days after I bought one of these things and I'd much rather have a controller with a modern DualShock style grip rather than a flat object.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

You play a bike named The Fool. She recently had her heart broken and now she's out to break the hearts of a bunch of rival bikers.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Imagined posted:

My only issue with these are my thumbs tend to knock together on the analog sticks but YMMV

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Finally got a low battery warning on the pro controller, since getting it on October.

It is a really drat good controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

That's actually my least favorite thing about using headphones with a PS4. Having to plug into the controller feels way more in the way than just having a jack on the console itself like the Switch does.