Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

b_d posted:

everybody agrees here except for A FUCKIN CANARY, which is why people are trying to figure out wtf he means.

All of the other connections are on the console itself so it's weird to have just the audio output somewhere else. I get why it's useful in some cases, but I don't sit 50 yards away from my TV in a giant living room like the average person apparently does.

I'm also the guy that leaves the cord connected to my Pro Controller at all times because I hate dealing with wireless poo poo in general, so just disregard everything I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
No instead you apparently sit 1 metre away from the tv like a saucer eyed gremlin

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you're gonna talk about 90s video game commercials you have to mention this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL9cJ5khHU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
That's a really really weird point to make because can't you just route the audio to the TV (the default setting), then plug your headphones into that? I'm assuming your PS4 is like, right next to the TV. What do you get from having an audio jack on the console?

I think the wireless plug stuff is awesome! If I game in the living room and people are asleep, it's not a big deal at all. If I need to move around, the audio follows me. It's easily my favorite feature to come from this generation of consoles

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only port I plug my headphones in is the garbage can. Headphones were a device created by Satan to encourage masturbation.

That is why I play wholesome Nintendo games like DOOM and The Legend of Assda to maintain my celibacy.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mega64 posted:

The only port I plug my headphones in is the garbage can. Headphones were a device created by Satan to encourage masturbation.

That is why I play wholesome Nintendo games like DOOM and The Legend of Assda to maintain my celibacy.

lol if you cant game and masturbate so you can enter true gaming nirvana

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Love 90’s Nintendo commercials. This one is clearly the most 90’s-est of them all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMQAbQ1hJZw

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Love 90’s Nintendo commercials. This one is clearly the most 90’s-est of them all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMQAbQ1hJZw

that yoshis on the weed

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
God drat the 90s sucked

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Heath posted:

God drat the 90s sucked

So did the 80s

And the 00s

And the 10s

As will the 20s.

All there is to look forward to is death and Metroid Prime 4.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I remember a yoshi commercial where it's just some fat dude eating a fuckload of food and then he eats one more bite and explodes. I never bought that yoshi game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm partial to the original Super Smash Bros commercial, myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K783SDTBKmg

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dizz posted:

I remember a yoshi commercial where it's just some fat dude eating a fuckload of food and then he eats one more bite and explodes. I never bought that yoshi game.
I also remember the previous page of this thread.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I’m going to be sad when Kirby explodes one day for his sins in gluttony.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

NoA's marketing of Earthbound was so terrible I didn't play it until years after the fact.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dizz posted:

I remember being baffled at that ad even as a small child. The Play It Loud campaign was the stupidest poo poo.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SeANMcBAY posted:

I remember being baffled at that ad even as a small child. The Play It Loud campaign was the stupidest poo poo.

It was a strange confluence of the tone of children's advertising being dictated by Nickelodeon and their gross-out aesthetic and a response to Sega's EXTREEEEEEme blast processing et cetera

Virtually everything aimed at young boys especially (such as video games) was being slimy and gross and revolting and probably involved a creepy fat nurse with a syringe or a lunch lady with mystery meatloaf

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Policenaut posted:

NoA's marketing of Earthbound was so terrible I didn't play it until years after the fact.

This game stinks!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Heath posted:

It was a strange confluence of the tone of children's advertising being dictated by Nickelodeon and their gross-out aesthetic and a response to Sega's EXTREEEEEEme blast processing et cetera

Virtually everything aimed at young boys especially (such as video games) was being slimy and gross and revolting and probably involved a creepy fat nurse with a syringe or a lunch lady with mystery meatloaf

I even liked that poo poo back then but knew it shouldn’t be paired with something cute like a Kirby or Yoshi game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

This game stinks!

You do eat cheeseburgers that you dig out of the trashcan

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dizz posted:

You should play it now because it's a perfect video game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Dizz posted:

That was a Monty Python movie

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Lemming posted:

You do eat cheeseburgers that you dig out of the trashcan

And fight multiple sentient piles of barf.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weedle posted:

That was a Monty Python movie

Thats the US commercial for Yoshis Island, a game that is ruined by a single sound effect.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mega64 posted:

And fight multiple sentient piles of barf.

Well poo poo that's just my average Tuesday.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

Thats the US commercial for Yoshis Island, a game that is ruined by a single sound effect.

only ruins it if you're bad at the game :smugdog:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nintendo's '90s advertising was a reaction to Sega's "Genesis Does" advertising campaign where they were all like "Nintendo is for babies and Sega is for cool '90s teenagers" which is why Nintendo did things like Ren & Stimpy-esque gross-out humor advertisements featuring music from Butthole Surfers.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dantheman650 posted:

Plus Abzu is out soon! (Now?)

:great:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Rival Megagun looks pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn4uG-yuF0w

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Give the world a wedgie

Commercial owns.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Barudak posted:

I hope you don't mean the crying baby noise, which is a very good sound effect that punishes you for losing the baby. Yoshi's Island is perfect

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Every time I fail I hear Baby Mario crying in my skull

That is why I never fail.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Macaluso posted:

I hope you don't mean the crying baby noise, which is a very good sound effect that punishes you for losing the baby. Yoshi's Island is perfect

Don't wanna hear that noise? Play better.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Policenaut posted:

NoA's marketing of Earthbound was so terrible I didn't know it existed until years after the fact.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

The Lobster posted:

NoA's marketing of Earthbound was so terrible I didn't know it existed until years after the fact.

The scratch and sniff cards in the guide were the best. I will not have them slighted.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

funkymonks posted:

The scratch and sniff cards in the guide were the best. I will not have them slighted.

No, I agree. I still have mine. I just had to buy them around 2000 or so instead of 1994.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

lol they just straight up stole the monty python meaning of life sketch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Lobster posted:

No, I agree. I still have mine. I just had to buy them around 2000 or so instead of 1994.

A GameStop in like 2000 gave me 3 pristine copies of the player’s guide but then they all got destroyed by flooding in my garage.:smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Turns out TVs have mute buttons and also have no idea what anything in Yoshi's Island sounds like except that baby cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

For those of you that play Doom in hand held mode. What control scheme and sensitivity settings have you found the best?