Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/jokanhiyou/status/1072323967329886208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

anyway the senkags game I played out of curiosity had fun enough character writing for what it was, but it had the most nothing gameplay I've ever experienced and they only iterated on it once before shifting permanently into mediocre musou and one-off bad to mediocre spinoffs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I bought one of those games once, fiddled with the photo mode some, then set it down and haven't gotten back to it since.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Please do not speak ill of Stairmaster.

I'm not into futa and i will never delete my horny retweets

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I'm not into futa and i will never delete my horny retweets

Do not fib to me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

help im being bullied

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

deleting my retweet of the black lagoon guy's latest futa touhou milf.

i'll accept you joining the dsa but i'll never accept this

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Please do not lewd Moriya Suwako, the only canon Touhou mother.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I would consider myself incurable if I ever stooped to futa or NTR. Thankfully I have good restraint.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
how can I achieve a level beyond horny on main?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I would consider myself incurable if I ever stooped to futa or NTR. Thankfully I have good restraint.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

how can I achieve a level beyond horny on main?
Anime ASMR perhaps? Otherwise I've got nothin

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Grouchio posted:

stop posting

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Takaki actually put a lot of effort into building a world, setting and characters and then ruined it by being a gross pervert. The yoma are some of the coolest designed things in the series.

sup man

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurora posted:

stop posting
Kay.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Grouchio posted:

Good restraint, but certainly not great restraint.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

true horniness is having the restraints built in to the bed

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hello. Yes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Congrats on your transphobia grouchio

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqNRDPd5_k

this game came out and this game rules

if you're like me and just wanted more quake/hl1 stuff

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its basing the visual look and moment to moment gameplay on quake but the map designers defintiely spent some time doing stuff in sven coop because it has a really distinct mix of big open map design and tight interior spaces placed within and also has fun physics interactions like picking stuff up and throwing it at monsters to do damage

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqNRDPd5_k

this game came out and this game rules

if you're like me and just wanted more quake/hl1 stuff

i like quake so i'll probably end up playing this at some point when i want a good retro fps

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i like quake so i'll probably end up playing this at some point when i want a good retro fps

you can play as the dog in the rolling cart in multi and it is very funny

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also in general im just really bored of the super lame misplaced duke nukem style machismo so many of these retro games decide to pin their setting and tone on and this game has none of it

theres humor and little easter eggs but they just let the game be the game

compare and contrast that trailer to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf77Zql2ZVM

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Gameplay looks fun but it feels like they looked at quake 1 and went "got it, we'll make our game look really brown and ugly" when quake 1 actually looks really good

e; guess they added a bunch of colored lighting to the later episodes so maybe it's fine

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ibblebibble posted:

... Are there any isekais about women? Bakarina is the only one that comes to mind. I can think of a couple of reverse isekais, at least.

There's Eliza. It kind of starts with a similar premise as Bakarina, though completely different tone/etc. She finds out she's destined to be the noble girl villainess and decides to axe that route by killing off her entire rotten family more than a decade before the game's scenario takes place at school.

It also has some crossover appeal with Duke's Daughter because she grows up and learns to improve/manage her fiefdom, though it's not the case that she's the primary source of revolutionary ideas and whatnot, which may or may not be appealing. She also learns to fight and stuff, and the current translation has now entered school for the nobles, which is where the game scenario takes place. Except it's very, very different.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm hankerin' for a Touhou Descent clone. Someone deliver.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm hankerin' for a Touhou Descent clone. Someone deliver.

poo poo that's a good idea.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Gameplay looks fun but it feels like they looked at quake 1 and went "got it, we'll make our game look really brown and ugly" when quake 1 actually looks really good

the game has a muted palette in each level but it goes through a big variety of them as the episodes progress and it looks super cool, honest

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sharky are you excited for blood ex

i'm looking forward to having an actually decent way to play blood cause it's always seemed sorta cool but it does not run good in dosbox

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Colonel posted:

people who like senran kagura: i like the story and characters
creator of senran kagura: i'm putting less horny things in senran kagura and focusing on the characters
someone: drat this guy doesn't know why people like senran kagura

What I know of SK basically consists of remembering people making fun of that one guy for making a thread about it in games a few years back, and I don't think it's unreasonable to make that assumption based on a cursory look.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/29407

I'm not sure what's happening in this manga, but I'm pretty sure I like it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its good, to form your own opinions about things

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

anyway the senkags game I played out of curiosity had fun enough character writing for what it was, but it had the most nothing gameplay I've ever experienced and they only iterated on it once before shifting permanently into mediocre musou and one-off bad to mediocre spinoffs

I was thinking of getting one of them on a whim once but ended up getting sonicomi, evidently I made the right choice. (?)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homeless snail posted:

its good, to form your own opinions about things

I think that's dumb

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

I think that's dumb
stair... your monitors turned off again

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh hey I havnt seen you in ages. You dont visit the NHL thread anymore. Hawks bad btw.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I would be the happiest man alive if they made an ice hockey anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no hockey but there's always ginban kaleidoscope, the anime about the canadian stunt pilot that dies and possesses the japanese figure skater