Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I mean, they did. As I understand it, a large part of Clinton's impeachment was revenge for Nixon.

True. It's just so funny they think any democrats are thinking about Clinton's impeachment in 2018. I doubt Bill Clinton cares about Bill Clinton's impeachment at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Besesoth posted:

Modern conservatives can't imagine anyone committing any act that's not motivated wholly out of spite or self-aggrandizement, can they?

It's projection all the way down.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LeeMajors posted:

Does anyone except the right think of the Clinton impeachment every day? It was almost twenty loving years ago.

It's blatant propaganda to discredit the investigation of a corrupt administration as a tit for tat partisan response to a corrupt investigation of another administration.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

True. It's just so funny they think any democrats are thinking about Clinton's impeachment in 2018. I doubt Bill Clinton cares about Bill Clinton's impeachment at this point.

the biggest problem with the Republican effort to impeach bill clinton is that it led to the democratic party spending the next 20 years acting like he never did anything wrong

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

as a PSA, the weirdest thing i keep seeing tonight on twitter is all the people who are anti-mueller posting about how Maria Butina wasn't a spy and is only pleading guilty to failure to register under FARA. i assume this'll probably be the republican line, too

if you see anyone pushing that line you can pretty much assume they're being dishonest, because the failure-to-register-under-FARA that Manafort got charged with is totally different than the 'conspiracy to act as an agent of a foreign government without registering' that she's pleading to

and if there was any question, the same charge is literally what we've charged all the most famous recent spies with

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1072299422963433473
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1072299993673932812

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

Ah yes, those pie-in-the-sky ideas that've been implemented successfully in many less-affluent nations. Yes, she is truly pitching an unattainable utopian vision of the future.

Calm down, dude. Take a look at this list of goals:

This is pure, unadulterated fantasy — an unattainable utopian vision of the future. It'll never happen, not by the hair on Mitch McConnell's bullfrog double-chin.

This place is an echo chamber. Adios, and good luck with your champion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj1YHzWE0b8

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

the biggest problem with the Republican effort to impeach bill clinton is that it led to the democratic party spending the next 20 years acting like he never did anything wrong

Sideswipe taxation:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He said the quiet part loud.

https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1072234344666841088?s=19

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

This is pure, unadulterated fantasy — an unattainable utopian vision of the future. It'll never happen, not by the hair on Mitch McConnell's bullfrog double-chin.

You have correctly identified that practicality and reason are not standing in the way, it's Republicans. Congratulations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I mean, they did. As I understand it, a large part of Clinton's impeachment was revenge for Nixon.

That and daring to interrupt 1000 years of Reaganism.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

LLCoolJD posted:

It's almost like.... you should aspire for the very best, even if it's not necessarily easily attainable? Like that's... a vital part... of a hopeful campaign?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

This place is an echo chamber. Adios, and good luck with your champion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj1YHzWE0b8

:byewhore:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

LLCoolJD posted:

Really showing everyone here how you earned that custom title.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

DHS (of which ICE is a part) is also consistently ranked the worst agency to work by its own employees under the federal employee survey. If you believe there are parts of government that aren’t working well and need to be restructured, as most republicans do, then its a no brainer to start there.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

LLCoolJD posted:

:byewhore:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

You forgot the fourth point, asswipes: He's committed several crimes worthy of impeachment. Oh, and by the way--there are like no Democrats left from the Clinton impeachment era.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

You're right--clearly we should strive for status quo mediocrity and incremental change only!

gently caress off. AOC rules and the fact that she makes people like you mad because she shakes you out of your comfortable bubble just makes her more awesome.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 11, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

LLCoolJD posted:

Dunno those all look like things I'd really like to see happen, and nothing is out of the means of our country to do, though some of it may be politically out of reach.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/bgpublic/status/1072322640591970304?s=21

Is this a wet fart or does this matter?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This doesn't matter in the least.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Do the numbers add up to over 60? No? Then it doesn’t matter.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do the numbers add up to over 60? No? Then it doesn’t matter.

they are former senators

so there could be hundreds of them, it still wouldnt matter

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Wow the groupthink in this thread is hilarious.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

pseudanonymous posted:

D&D is a place for diverse views

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

tell us more

perhaps you were robbed of a von Mises avatar?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

This is pure, unadulterated fantasy — an unattainable utopian vision of the future. It'll never happen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvpvL-4WH1E

Such is life.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
ABOLISH ICE is much catchier than REFORM ICE SUBSTANTIALLY.

The end result would be much the same as no one except conservatives thinks that liberals want super open borders with no one stopping MS-13 members and rapists from coming in to covet our pure white daughters.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

pseudanonymous posted:

Oppose.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

1glitch0 posted:

This is also what's so frustrating about discussing / arguing with someone on the opposite side who gets their news and their talking points from a totally different set of sources. The very axioms are different.

I'll mention something like "They're separating kids from parents at the border and putting them in concentration camps, and Trump is implicated in at least one felony" and they'll be like "YEAH WELL THIS IS ALL JUST REVENGE FOR THE IMPEACHMENT OF CLINTON" and I'll just be so taken aback by something flying in from so far out of left field that I won't be able to form coherent sentences for at least two rounds and will just move my jaw loosely about on its hinges while they yell about Benghazi or Bernie getting primary-ratfucked or the stock market or how the tariffs are a genius move to counter Chinese IP theft or something.

e: basically,

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 11, 2018

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

pseudanonymous posted:

I quiver in anticipation of your edgy, firebrand takes.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

You're right--clearly we should strive for status quo mediocrity and incremental change only!

gently caress off. AOC rules and the fact that she makes people like you mad because she shakes you out of your comfortable bubble just makes her more awesome.

What if climate change isn't real and all we do is make the world a better place environmentally for everyone? Won't you feel silly! :smug:

pseudanonymous posted:

A very accurate prediction of the responses to your terrible post.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

my groupthink can beat up your groupthink

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

that would have been extremely brazen

eke out posted:

if you see anyone pushing that line you can pretty much assume they're being dishonest, because the failure-to-register-under-FARA that Manafort got charged with is totally different than the 'conspiracy to act as an agent of a foreign government without registering' that she's pleading to

think wheeler's primarily talking about aaron mate, who's a bit of a dope.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

pseudanonymous, please don't forget to give a summary of what you believe the groupthink positions are in this thread!

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I would like to know this as well in addition to whatever you post next, thank you

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

eke out posted:

as a PSA, the weirdest thing i keep seeing tonight on twitter is all the people who are anti-mueller posting about how Maria Butina wasn't a spy and is only pleading guilty to failure to register under FARA. i assume this'll probably be the republican line, too

frankly, forcing foreign agents to register themselves is unconstitutional because mumble mumble privacy penumbra

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

pseudanonymous posted:

Can we just skip to the puppet master defense now and skip the pages and pages of your meltdown?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

LLCoolJD posted:

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/881161169469403137

also news I didn't see posted:
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1072328080675520512

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 11, 2018

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

LLCoolJD posted:

Apart from the universal jobs guarantee basically every other western country... Has all those things despite being less wealthy and powerful than the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

Why is it that the only people with takes like this are lovely people? News flash, homey: AOC is objectively awesome. It's not "groupthink" to call it like it is.