Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

+1 on Google Music being awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

all this good-rear end metal that just came out and WSOU plays this poo poo...gtfoh with this Trans-Siberian Orchestra bullshit

(I kid, the next 4 songs after this were Vein, High on Fire and 2 new Unearth songs in a row)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Weird, I thought they got rid of radio in 1996 when I got my first mp3s.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just got The Mortal Coil on vinyl. Owns.

I ordered some Architects Holy Hell vinyl bundle. They shipped it here to the US from Germany, messed my address up and it went back to Germany. I'm sad about it, been waiting over a month for it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rexxed posted:

Weird, I thought they got rid of radio in 1996 when I got my first mp3s.

It's a college station (Seton Hall) with all the goofy poo poo associated with that, but it's a metal radio station in tyool 2018 and for that I am thankful

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
drat i still use last.fm and their yearly reports don't come out till like January

anyway heres my last 90 days

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
This lineup is hitting Europe next year - stoked they're stopping by Denmark.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Holy crapsicles, doods. This debut The Parallel tape is blowing my fragile mind. I expected to like it based on the singles, but it’s ripping my face off. These guys are going places; don't sleep. And don't lock in your top ten yet. You gotta play this if you enjoy frenetic, technical metalcore like Oceans Ate Alaska.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

4 liftin

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress yeah that house of atreus record owns

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

I didn't realize I was in the anti Spotify thread

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I actually prefer Spotify to Google Music, but I use Google Music instead because it comes with YouTube Red which I use a poo poo load

If it wasn't for YTR I'd definitely still be using Spotify

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ShoogaSlim posted:

I didn't realize I was in the anti Spotify thread

Spotify owns and I can't be bothered using any other service.

I guess I buy my music from Amazon but then I dump that on to a USB stick and don't really use the Amazon interface.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I have a bunch of music that I've uploaded over the years to Google Music that isn't available for streaming on Spotify/Apple Music or whatever, so I'm pretty much stuck on Google Music.

I've thought about saying gently caress it and just rolling my own headphones/Plex, but Youtube Red on my phone is...indispensable.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

How would streaming your stuff through Plex be any different than streaming it through Google Music though?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
its not, you just get access to Every Other Song and also the benefit of an ad free youtube for the subscription price which is extremely worth it to me.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah, I meant why would you bother with Plex. I don't even have a paid Google Music sub but the 50,000 upload limit is even for free accounts and there's no ads or limitations on playing your own music.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
good question, not to mention the plex app seems to perpetually suck across all platforms

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's great for video but yeah it seems like it would be brutal for just listening to music

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
did we talk about the ice nine kills album from this year in this thread and I missed it? i'm finally listening to it now and it's really good with some cool guest appearances

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kumba posted:

did we talk about the ice nine kills album from this year in this thread and I missed it? i'm finally listening to it now and it's really good with some cool guest appearances

Not sure but it's a really fun album with a gimmick they somehow managed to pull off.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WSOU is so cute sometimes

(yes they played White Walls afterwards, yes they have only played Viridian in the past)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The ETID show in Baltimore last night was so great. I'm old and had to drive from Virginia on a work night and I don't regret a thing. They are playing songs from every record to mark 20 years touring

not many nights left on this tour but go see them as you always should!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Here are a couple new Crystal Lake tracks that have popped up on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhtWt6UtsdE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYv-IXg0tAs

The album is out in Japan, so I'm sure there's a leak out there, but I'm not telling ya to go looking for it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

first 30 seconds of that ^ first track is all i need to know to know i don't gently caress with this band. didn't even need to listen to any music. thanks for making it easy, crystal lake

e: for anyone who might get butthurt about my false assessment, i direct you to 1:33-1:45 for actual music that confirms this band is a loving joke

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 12, 2018

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Rap metal like KoRn, grandpop will be happy to hear it's finally back!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

first 30 seconds of that ^ first track is all i need to know to know i don't gently caress with this band. didn't even need to listen to any music. thanks for making it easy, crystal lake

e: for anyone who might get butthurt about my false assessment, i direct you to 1:33-1:45 for actual music that confirms this band is a loving joke

Eh, the first track is bad but the 2nd track is way better. Gives me a bit of an Erra vibe (but I'm pretty sure you hate them too :v:)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rexxed posted:

Rap metal like KoRn, grandpop will be happy to hear it's finally back!

You rang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TFp9_WyTE

This P.O.D cover band is from this year lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

You rang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TFp9_WyTE

This P.O.D cover band is from this year lol

POD released an album a few weeks ago

In other news, POD is still releasing music

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

kumba posted:

POD released an album a few weeks ago

In other news, POD is still releasing music

did they change their name to Sylar

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
P.O.D. are going on tour in Europe with Alien Ant Farm next year.

Warm up act? You guessed it: '68, Josh Scogin of Norma Jean and The Chariot's new band.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AwiZranH2o

Them boys in Currents dropped a new video alongside their new EP, I Let The Devil In (5 songs, plus instrumental versions of each), and it bangs. I haven't finished the EP just yet, but I'm really digging it.

EDIT: whole album rips

Side note: I really like when -core bands also release instrumental versions of their tracks.

XIII fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 14, 2018

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

XIII posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AwiZranH2o

Them boys in Currents dropped a new video alongside their new EP, I Let The Devil In (5 songs, plus instrumental versions of each), and it bangs. I haven't finished the EP just yet, but I'm really digging it.

EDIT: whole album rips

Side note: I really like when -core bands also release instrumental versions of their tracks.

Agreed. I really enjoy the instrumental version of The Human Romance. Still not as good as with vocals, but it's cool.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Eh, the first track is bad but the 2nd track is way better. Gives me a bit of an Erra vibe (but I'm pretty sure you hate them too :v:)

i love augment and moments of clarity a bunch. i'm really not a fan of that jt cavey dude who tookover, and who also ruined texas in july for me. something about his vocals is so boring and unappealing to me.

i'm poking around a few songs off neon now and i still enjoy the music they write (even if it sounds like it's leaning a tiny bit more underoath than within the ruins these days), and i absolutely love jesse cash's clean vocals. i'd like erra a lot better if it was legit just him singing and no harsh vocals at all, like how contortionist is a hell of a lot better now than they were on their first two albums.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

ShoogaSlim posted:

i love augment and moments of clarity a bunch. i'm really not a fan of that jt cavey dude who tookover, and who also ruined texas in july for me. something about his vocals is so boring and unappealing to me.

i'm poking around a few songs off neon now and i still enjoy the music they write (even if it sounds like it's leaning a tiny bit more underoath than within the ruins these days), and i absolutely love jesse cash's clean vocals. i'd like erra a lot better if it was legit just him singing and no harsh vocals at all, like how contortionist is a hell of a lot better now than they were on their first two albums.

I love Erra and I really like JT’s vocals, but last time I saw Erra live, JT came across as a bit of a dick. Definitely soured me on him a little, but I still love Erra’s music.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMcxzGagyA

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Brendon Urie is a gem.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I know I talk a lot of poo poo in this thread but lemme just say that born of osiris and veil of maya are both pretty flawless bands. I listened to VOMs entire discog yesterday in reverse chronological order and it was an awesome ride. Eclipse is still def my favorite

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I thought Born of Osiris' last 2 were fairly by the numbers but still enjoyable enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I recently started listening to Rings of Saturn again. Great band to workout too.