Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

DeadButDelicious posted:

Off to a good start with Queen USB. Excellent, I needed a buddy to go with Kain and Lightning for my lightning-element stuff.

I got her LMR. LMR without SB memes, but frankly a doublecast LMR is pretty decent on its own so no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Got King's burst, so that's cool. Another lightning character will help me maybe beat the first water magicite.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I need to hold off on the ROP until after the festival banners are done, but I did get this from the daily draw:

:toot:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm gonna do what that other poster said and wait until xmas and pull all these in a row. Should be fun.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Am I crazy or missing something, I don't see the Realm on Parade banner in my relic draw or is it just the basic realm relic draw banner?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AlexJade posted:

Am I crazy or missing something, I don't see the Realm on Parade banner in my relic draw or is it just the basic realm relic draw banner?

It should be it's own banner at the very top.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Welp, 2 for 2 on dupe 6 stars so far. Machina OSB and Ramza Chain

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Welp, 2 for 2 on dupe 6 stars so far. Machina OSB and Ramza Chain

Ace LMR2 and Meliadoul LMR. Want to complain, can't.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
T0: King USB
T: Rafa BSB dupe

RoP's off to a good start as I desperately need more physical lightning damage.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

cid's doublecast LMR to go with his USB. chuffed. still can't reliably farm hades

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
T0: Seven USB
T: Agrias wcast LMR

I should be a bit bummed because I'm like one key relic away from taking on the D??? but I'm not because my Ags is now amazing. I have her imperil USB and she's already dived so this makes her poo poo out imperils like there's no tomorrow

Now I really need Ramza's chain though to tie it all together. Holy team nearly OP

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

T0: Sice BSB
T: Alma LMR dupe :smith:

I'll get that chain one day

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Ovelia BSB today. Now I have both BSBs and her USB. Game going in hard on Ovelia's stuff for me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Ovelia BSB today. Now I have both BSBs and her USB. Game going in hard on Ovelia's stuff for me.

Honestly, her USB is one of the better ones out there. It's on par with Eiko's USB1 (Instant Medica + Last Stand; Eiko's brings Hastega and Ovelia's brings a non-Shellga RES+100%), though she trades the quickcast Trance mode and Bard access for a LM2 with a lot more elemental survivability. Ovelia's BSB1 is also pretty good, having the Instant Curaja/Command Medica options that became White Mage Standard. (The BSB2 has a better entry but worse commands, it's generally not worth using over either her BSB1 or USB, depending on what you need it for.)

Her biggest problem is that, similar to Minwu, she only does one thing, at all, ever, and that's White Magic. Luckily there's always a slot in a team for a White Mage, and she arguably is the better one for the realm unless you really need a doublecast LM2.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just pulled an ancient Locke Unique off the daily draw, and uh, what a weird relic. AOE fire damage with a medica attached. Not a % medica, mind you, just a regular rear end cura level medica. The thrower it's on even has some mind on it to help with that. :psyduck:

KataraniSword posted:

Her biggest problem is that, similar to Minwu, she only does one thing, at all, ever, and that's White Magic. Luckily there's always a slot in a team for a White Mage, and she arguably is the better one for the realm unless you really need a doublecast LM2.

Minwu does have two key advantages over Ovelia. The first, of course, is being Minwu and therefore rad, and the second is that in addition to healing, he's also an extremely competent offensive white mage if you have the right relics for him.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

After a disappointing dupe Marche LMR off the FFT RoP, XV gave me Gladio's USB. Pretty neat, though it says something about how stacked on physical earth I am that he's like my 6th choice for the team despite a pretty nice USB (en-earth, bonus charge when you gain Heavy charges, overstrike on EX end). Heck, he's not even my top choice for earth Heavy!

Also, re: Ovelia chat - her LMR is a doublecast, so if you get that it helps. I have an accidentally mostly complete Ovelia (I'm missing like a super and her BSB2) and she's...well not my go-to WHM as that's Ellarra, but definitely one of the runners-up that gets used in Crystal Tower?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Got Prompto's chain from XV. I already have his ultra so that's cool.

I also have Kain chain and Shantotto chain though. I guess lightning forever.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

5 mythril for my very own Armiger :toot:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Awesome, a third Ignus LMR. That's all I have for him but an 8* +fire armour is neat.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Got Ignis's chain, looked up what it does. That's cool I guess?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

xanthan posted:

Got Ignis's chain, looked up what it does. That's cool I guess?

Chains are literally the best kind of relic in global right now. They kinda offer unparalleled damage boosting when you have a full team of the correct element. The highest tiers of current content are insanely harder without chains, so every single one you get is a great pull.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Also I don't think Ignis has one. Did you mean Prompto?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

Also I don't think Ignis has one. Did you mean Prompto?

Probably Ingus dirt chain. It's really good even for a first gen chain. Last Stand is always welcome.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The latest livestream concluded a while ago, so:

1) Q & A posted:

- Gysahl Greens Dungeon will not be returning, they will increase the frequency of Greens campaign instead
- SB Optimization will be improved, but no confirmation of dates
- Hazama is informed of the huge requests of more Wardrobe Records, he will bring this up in the next meeting
- Accessories will not be given its own inventory space (the various inventories each player has are already heavy on the system; they'll try to make the vault better instead)
- Plans have already been made to improve the accessibility of Magicite leveling/fusion, but no confirmation on dates

2) Hoshi no Dragon Quest Collaboration Event posted:

- Dress Record for Tyro & Elarra
- New DQ themed accessories
- DQ monsters as bosses
- DQ Collab banner that features new relics for FFRK original characters. These includes Tyro AOSB2, Dr. Mog AOSB & Wedge Glint 2
- Infernal+ Metal Slime MP, D160/220 Dragonlord MP, D80/120 Zoma MP
- DQ Login Bonus
- DQ Home Screen Wallpaper
- DQ Twitter Campaign

3)New Updates and QoL posted:

1) Magia Sorting Category

2) Elemental Sacred Weapons
- Provide a single minor elemental boost
- Has higher stats than Realm RW (308 for E.SW vs R.SW's 275)
- Blitzball will be added to the list
- Same lithographs will be used for redemption
- Accessories can now be converted into Rainbow Crystals
- You can directly convert Vault items into Rainbow Crystals

3) More sort categories: you can sort for "None" on elemental boosts/resists.

4) Records Laboratory

- Gather Anima Lenses to exchange them for SB & LMRs
- Anima Lenses can be obtained from Event Dungeons, Record Dungeons & certain Multiplayer Dungeons' Clear Rewards
- Portion of existing dungeons will now contain them, those who have cleared will automatically receive them
- 3 different sortings for selections: 1- Character, 2- Torments and Magicite dungeons (determined by what's used in sub-30 clears), 3- Popular community picks
- 3 rarities of Anima Lenses: L1, L2, L3
- 1500 L1 can be used to redeem Unique SB & SSB
- 1000 L2 can be used to redeem BSB, LMR & OSB
- 1000 L3 can be used to redeem USB
- Drawing dupes will also provide you with Anima Lenses - these are free as you draw them, you can still use the relics for rainbow shards afterwards.

5) Magicite Dungeon

- Odin will be the next new boss
- He will be the toughest boss in the game so far
- Based on the very first elemental attack used on the boss, the boss will respond to that element
Eg. If you use a Water attack first, boss will be weak to Water and use Fire attacks. Poison results in NE attacks.
- Clear rewards for this dungeon includes a 6* accessory that grants moderate resistance to all elements
- As commemoration of this dungeon, 50 Major Arcanas will be given to all players
- Clear rewards of 3* & 4* Magicite Dungeons will be buffed: More Magicites will be dropped
- Less EXP needed to level 4* Magicites
- Clearing all 4* Magicite Dungeons will unlock all 16 5* Magicite Dungeons

4) New Year Fest posted:

1) Series Happy Relic Draw

2) Countdown Lucky Draw: Glint -> Physical USB -> Magical USB

3) Episode Cardia: Swift Knights
- Multiple Odins as bosses
- Bahamut dungeon from the previous Episode Cardia will return as well

4) Gift Dungeon
- 30 Mythrils on 1st January

5) Ticket Orbfest
- 5 tickets per day, 10 days in total

6) Endless Jump Start Dungeon
- Infinite SB gauge & RW uses, RW is predetermined

7) Damage Contest
- Utilizing EJS rules, deal as much damage to the boss as possible within a few turns
- Rewards depend on your Grade

8) Transcendent Omega Weapon (VIII)

9) Nemesis MP
- Apocalypse & Disaster difficulty

10) Extreme Fest
- New AASB, AOSB, CSB & USBs
- Introducing 6* Glints
- These do not require any SB gauge, but can only be used once per battle
- Kain 6* Glint: No Air Time for ?s & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast

11) Dream Select
- LMR, BSB, OSB, Glint, USB, AOSB

12) New Year Pick Up
- 2nd pull gives you a free USB pick

13) New Year Login Bonus
- Includes Andapp exclusive rewards, which you can receive only by logging into the PC version

14) New Year Gift
- Includes 19 Mythrils & a new 5* accessory

15) Free 40-Pull

Also:
Balance Change to "Continue"
- You can now Continue in 3* & 4* Magicite Dungeons
- Each Continue will provide your party with +10% HP, +10% ATK/MAG/MND/DEF/RES, 1 Ether
*Does not apply to MP & RD

Balance Change to Boss' Critical Rate for:
- Magicite Dungeon
- Torment Dungeon
- Boundless Ruins
- Record Dungeon

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Attestant posted:

Chains are literally the best kind of relic in global right now. They kinda offer unparalleled damage boosting when you have a full team of the correct element. The highest tiers of current content are insanely harder without chains, so every single one you get is a great pull.

I meant to put burst and have no idea how I messed up. I even went and looked up before posting.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Interesting RoPs for me so far.

FF0: King USB
FFT: Ramza USB2 (dupe)
FFXV: Prompto USB and BSB

I have Kain USB and CSB plus Lightning USB. Between Prompto and King USBs, what's the better choice for me? I imagine once those 6* offerings come out, King's imperil capabilities will be nearly as good as Prompto. Anyone try running both of them? Two machinists will probably run up that chain really quickly.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Hogama posted:

Also:
Balance Change to "Continue"
- You can now Continue in 3* & 4* Magicite Dungeons
- Each Continue will provide your party with +10% HP, +10% ATK/MAG/MND/DEF/RES, 1 Ether
*Does not apply to MP & RD

Balance Change to Boss' Critical Rate for:
- Magicite Dungeon
- Torment Dungeon
- Boundless Ruins
- Record Dungeon

The 6* glints basically seem to serve the same function as having a 3rd LM on a character (at the cost of an instant action). That's cool.

Being able to eventually custom-forge relics with Anima Lenses is great.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

iamsosmrt posted:

Interesting RoPs for me so far.

FF0: King USB
FFT: Ramza USB2 (dupe)
FFXV: Prompto USB and BSB

I have Kain USB and CSB plus Lightning USB. Between Prompto and King USBs, what's the better choice for me? I imagine once those 6* offerings come out, King's imperil capabilities will be nearly as good as Prompto. Anyone try running both of them? Two machinists will probably run up that chain really quickly.

They have yet to come out with a 6* lightning offering because reasons.

Running them both is certainly an option, but you're going to need a lot of machinist hones to support that given that one is ability double and one is QC-cycle.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

- Gather Anima Lenses to exchange them for SB & LMRs
- Anima Lenses can be obtained from Event Dungeons, Record Dungeons & certain Multiplayer Dungeons' Clear Rewards
- Portion of existing dungeons will now contain them, those who have cleared will automatically receive them
- 3 different sortings for selections: 1- Character, 2- Torments and Magicite dungeons (determined by what's used in sub-30 clears), 3- Popular community picks
- 3 rarities of Anima Lenses: L1, L2, L3
- 1500 L1 can be used to redeem Unique SB & SSB
- 1000 L2 can be used to redeem BSB, LMR & OSB
- 1000 L3 can be used to redeem USB
- Drawing dupes will also provide you with Anima Lenses - these are free as you draw them, you can still use the relics for rainbow shards afterwards.

Holy poo poo.

I assume these are going to be insanely rare and precious, but being able to eventually hand pick a key relic is huge. Also dupes not being as bad anymore is amazing.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 11, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hogama posted:

What does "SB Optimization" mean?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

eelmonger posted:

They have yet to come out with a 6* lightning offering because reasons.

Running them both is certainly an option, but you're going to need a lot of machinist hones to support that given that one is ability double and one is QC-cycle.

drat, I didn't even realize lightning's offering didn't even exist in JP yet. Oops. I'm guessing King is more likely to put in some good work for me today, but we shall see. I'm still trying to figure out how to beat Quetz.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

When you use Optimize Party to autoequip party members, it also autoequips their SBs. Including their Default SB, which you probably unequipped ages ago because it's loving useless in 99.9% of cases.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

Probably the Optimize button on the loadout screen.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've learned not to use the optimize button, but what still gets me is when i put on some ancient equipment with +element that helpfully reequips its SB whenever you put it on

my latest was choco-romping with butz instead of using his usb2.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prav posted:

i've learned not to use the optimize button, but what still gets me is when i put on some ancient equipment with +element that helpfully reequips its SB whenever you put it on

my latest was choco-romping with butz instead of using his usb2.

That happened to me with the latest event with Amarant and his USB (which is good) vs his BSB (which is laughably bad but exists on a weapon that has synergy +fire)

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

When you use Optimize Party to autoequip party members, it also autoequips their SBs. Including their Default SB, which you probably unequipped ages ago because it's loving useless in 99.9% of cases.

Also things like using Optimize on Tyro, giving you OSB/SSB/Celebration/Cyclone equipped, putting Sentinel on the bench

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
So for these Anima lenses we know L3 = 6* dupe does that imply:
L2 = 5* dupe?
L1 = 1-4* dupe????

If that's true, that's like a free SSB every few pulls and 1 every month from the daily pull? It shows how DeNA feels about how powercreeped stuff is, but also it would also be really nice for everyone to have access to Raijin/Edge/etc and lets people fill out waifu stuff.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think the more important question is how it will track dupes. It's entirely possible it will just do a quick inventory check, so any relics that you used as rosettas won't count, but I guess it could also check if the SB is mastered or not.

Also the list of relics you can pick from could be limited.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Didn't JP recently add a feature that tracks every relic you've ever owned? It could just use that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They did, and it includes things you've already sold and rosetta'd before it came out. Probably because there's some section of your account that has tracked that since the game's release.
As for relic limits, at this moment I will presume that it's a list that goes to a certain event date like most selections, at least until I see the release list.