Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Yes let's definitely keep jerking off Schumer and Pelosi on the same day this happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chuck Schumer is a waste

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Yes let's definitely keep jerking off Schumer and Pelosi on the same day this happens.

I can't believe Pelosi put Manchin on the Energy Committee!!!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wilhelm posted:

he gets to look like A TOUGH GUY to his base who inherently view strength as some sort of weird 1980s machismo

Bingo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

I can't believe Pelosi put Manchin on the Energy Committee!!!
Same poo poo, different chamber.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

"MILLIONS FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, NOT ONE SCENT FOR THE WALL!"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Evidence of Schumer sucking rear end is not evidence of Pelosi sucking rear end no matter how hard you inexplicably believe it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Clapper puts in a good word for Wolfe (the Senate Intel leaker)

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1072615216658219009?s=21

Also some senators

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/DavidCovucci/status/1072530998443892736

Kale
May 14, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

I gotta say I do give Trump some credit for owning the shutdown and taking responsibility.

What he's doing is utterly irresponsible and morally reprehensible, but at the very least he's owning it (at least right now).

It'll never stick. He just says what he needs to to get through a given moment and look tough to his base. Assuming theres a shutdown theres not a chance he doesnt go straight to blaming schumer anyway. Reality and record have no place in Trumps presidency, only whats convenient to hold up as the "truth". Keep in mind this is a guy who lies even when he doesnt have to and when it will obviously backfire like with Acosta.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

Evidence of Schumer sucking rear end is not evidence of Pelosi sucking rear end no matter how hard you inexplicably believe it
This isn't what I posted, but OK I guess.

Has evilweasel written up an insane defense of making Manchin the committee chair yet?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

It will not be a complete government shutdown because key agencies are funded well into next year. Only DHS and maybe some others will be unfunded.

DHS being unfunded means the TSA is unfunded. That will cut into overtime and prevent extra staffing beyond the bare minimum number of essential personnel. And they won't be getting paid until post-shutdown so they'll be super grumpy.

I'm really glad I'm not flying to my parents' for Christmas this year, security checkpoints are going to be fun.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 11, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Oh boy now we get a bipartisan form of idiocy. Watch Joe stick his head and the in sand and forget the fact that building new solar and windis now cheaper than running existing coal plants.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kale posted:

It'll never stick. He just says what he needs to to get through a given moment and look tough to his base. Assuming theres a shutdown theres not a chance he doesnt go straight to blaming schumer anyway. Reality and record have no place in Trumps presidency, only whats convenient to hold up as the "truth". Keep in mind this is a guy who lies even when he doesnt have to and when it will obviously backfire like with Acosta.
That doesn't matter, any shutdown would now fall fully onto him and not the Democrats.

Has evilweasel written up an insane defense of making Manchin the committee chair yet?
Yes, you have a lot of rope to call out people's sanity

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

You have brain worms.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Kale posted:

I never see how claims like this are materially different than claims trump is a 300D chess master.

Maybe with some coat of paint that he's some sort of idiot savant that is good at literally everything but it's not praise because his body moves mindlessly to inevitably and unfailingly always win every situation, even ones that haven't happened yet.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Here's my defense of Manchin getting the committee chair:

He's a senior Senator with a strong interest in the committee's area, which is usually the person who gets the chair. Plus he's important senator whose continued success and cooperation are vital for when RBG finally dies.

"But his vote isn't important before 2020, he's in the minority and the Republicans have the votes."

Yep, but those facts are also true about his committee chairmanship.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Peacoffee posted:

The texture of Rhode Island is remarkably a mixture of rain, season 1 family guy, and hp lovecraft.

It doesn't rain that much

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Your toilet / your posts.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tibalt posted:

He's a senior Senator with a strong interest in the committee's area, which is usually the person who gets the chair. Plus he's important senator whose continued success and cooperation are vital for when RBG finally dies.

"But his vote isn't important before 2020, he's in the minority and the Republicans have the votes."

I don't think having more lovely Dems in power who do things like actively advocate against doing something about global warming helps Democratic prospects in the next election, because it's hard to get people enthusiastic about voting when Democrats let lovely idiots like that have power

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Tibalt posted:

Some States Deserve To Be Drowned In Boiling Acid, And Here's Why: An Explainer
-by Matthew Yglesias

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
sorry guys, wouldn't be pragmatic not to kill the lot of you

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

axeil posted:

Chuck Schumer is a waste

"I just let Nancy Pelosi make me look like a sackless lump of poo poo in front of Trump. How can I make liberals hate me more?!" :thunk:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lemming posted:

I don't think having more lovely Dems in power who do things like actively advocate against doing something about global warming helps Democratic prospects in the next election, because it's hard to get people enthusiastic about voting when Democrats let lovely idiots like that have power
I don't think "voters who would have otherwise voted in 2020 except Manchin was made a minority committee chairman in 2018" are an important constituency.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

Your toilet / your posts.
:golfclap:

Tibalt posted:

Nothing says cooperation like voting for Pruitt, Wheeler, and Kavanaugh!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tibalt posted:

I don't think "voters who would have otherwise voted in 2020 except Manchin was made a minority committee chairman in 2018" are an important constituency.

Buddy if this was the only problem with Democrats then Trump wouldn't be president

It's another piece of poo poo on the avalanche of poo poo. Every lovely thing should be called out.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Tibalt posted:

I don't think "voters" are an important constituency.

they really, genuinely wonder how they lost to trump, you know.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

they really, genuinely wonder how they lost to trump, you know.

A lot of voter suppression but that happens to non-white poors so

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I like how on a day where Nancy Pelosi repeatedly dunked on Trump right in his face in front a national TV audience she still gets blamed by this thread for a committee appointment for a branch of government she has literally zero involvement in.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I like how on a day where Nancy Pelosi repeatedly dunked on Trump right in his face in front a national TV audience she still gets blamed by this thread for a committee appointment for a branch of government she has literally zero involvement in.
No one is doing this, please calm down

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1072630789727236096

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

No one is doing this, please calm down

Alright I generalized. It was really just you.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god, i love how he knows he got played but because of his broken psyche he is gonna stick with it to the end.

https://twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1072633896569880578

bahahah. he is pissed because he loving cornered himself. loving chuck's bumbling poo poo set him off.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Just once, I wish poo poo like this was on camera.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Alright I generalized. It was really just you.
Have to say I was not expecting people itt to throw a massive tantrum while launching blatant strawmen over even a minor implied criticism of Pelosi and her role in setting the party's agenda

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

"What are you going to do, shut the government down?"

- quote from leader of shut down government

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

God I love this petty bullshit inject it directly into my veins.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Lycus posted:

10 to 1 says somewhere, it is.

It's 2018. Anybody, friend or foe alike, knows Trump gets pissy easy. All it takes is a cellphone camera. It is way more likely that someone has a shot they agreed or were forced to agree not to share, than it is that no one has ever recorded one.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

house committees are looking p good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Lycus posted:

This is my biggest regret: Once this is all over we get to have all the documentaries, the interviews and the analysis, but we'll never get to see the recordings of him losing his poo poo and people -- actual professionals, including lifetime military types -- trying to deal with his childish petulance.

I'd watch a reality TV show of that.