Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Once it starts preventing the freedom and self-actualisation of others, it becomes evil, but before it reaches that point, I think you are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It becomes bad if your greed results in doing harm.

Choosing to not donate money and buy a second boat instead is Neutral Greedy, it becomes Evil Greedy if you got the extra money by dumping toxic waste upriver from the elementary school.

Also, I unironically think there should be a gritty live action Scooby Doo tv reboot. poo poo worked for Archie and I don't even care about him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CrRoMa posted:

I don't have my heart set on having children but i would definitely like too some day, they would have to be genetically my own though.

Raising another person's DNA is the most backwards thing another human being can do. There's a reason infanticide occurs in the natural world.

I shouldn't be made to feel guilty for making intelligent financial decisions throughout my life to possibly enable the raising of a child when a bunch of poor, uncaring, downtrodden refugees ran about loving like rabbits without caring for the impact it would have.

It sucks that children are born into low quality life in this world but maybe people with no life stability shouldn't get to procreate rather than the western world picking up the tab for the ignorant and uncaring.

Lol settle down there redpill

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
What

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
“Oh no people who adopt are cucking themselves!”

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Wait so you think its an actual fitness advantage to raise genetic material you are unrelated too?

I'd be fascinated to hear your thought process here :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Choosing to not donate money and buy a second boat instead is Neutral Greedy, it becomes Evil Greedy if you got the extra money by dumping toxic waste upriver from the elementary school.

I think there's a finer separation between someone who is generally stingy or a cheapskate and someone who, as you describe, spends lavishly on themselves.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CrRoMa posted:

Wait so you think its an actual fitness advantage to raise genetic material you are unrelated too?

I understand the biological imperative to pass on one’s own DNA and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

But gently caress you for making GBS threads on people who don’t or can’t.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is it still the ultimate form of cucking to raise another man’s daughter if i’m gay

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

christmas boots posted:

I understand the biological imperative to pass on one’s own DNA and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

But gently caress you for making GBS threads on people who don’t or can’t.

I'm not making GBS threads on people or at least i didn't intend to, it just sounds like you've got too much nerve exposed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

It literally doesn't matter at all because our species isn't fighting to survive against other competition. It's completely bizarre to care this much about passing on your genetic material.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Is someone literally advocating for Social Darwinism and/or Eugenics in this thread?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Saying "someone" implies it's a sentient being :psyduck:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Is someone literally advocating for Social Darwinism and/or Eugenics in this thread?

In the Jastiger days there was a eugenics argument every 5 pages.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is it really that wrong to suggest that the herculean iowan superman should outbreed the debased southerner?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
London is a bad city. It is too noisy, too crowded, too big, and too warm. Having been here for most of a year, I've really come to miss my home town (Belfast) which I think is much nicer. I prefer places like Edinburgh and Manchester to London as well.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
You don’t have to be all good to not be evil. Just don’t purposely cause harm, otherwise, there is no wrong way to live one’s life.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You should start signalling for a turn before you start slowing down for the turn

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Wheat Loaf posted:

London is a bad city. It is too noisy, too crowded, too big, and too warm. Having been here for most of a year, I've really come to miss my home town (Belfast) which I think is much nicer. I prefer places like Edinburgh and Manchester to London as well.

I don't know if I'd call London too warm, but it's not very interesting. York was my favorite english place. Small but in a good way. In London it was a madhouse where people were literally shoving me aside to see the buckingham palace guards. Like calm down, they're just walking back and forth. also the york/leeds part of england seemed to serve the mushy peas with fish and chips almost by default, which is the superior way.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

You should start signalling for a turn before you start slowing down for the turn

Always Be Signaling

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CrRoMa posted:

My thought process is: You're a loving moron piece of poo poo, hth.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CrRoMa posted:

we live in a society.

No, seriously humans have always live in tribal groups since the beginning of the species. The evolutionary pressure was for the group to survive, not your specific progeny, although of course there was a great deal of overlap there.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Henchman of Santa posted:

In the Jastiger days there was a eugenics argument every 5 pages.
Yeah, but Jastiger's thing was that he refused to understand what the word "eugenics" actually means. CrRoMa seems to understand exactly what it is and is all for it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What is a society? A miserable pile of genetics.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, but Jastiger's thing was that he refused to understand what the word "eugenics" actually means. CrRoMa seems to understand exactly what it is and is all for it.

It was weird because he knew what everyone else considered eugenics, but kept trying to push his own version of it while using the same term. He knew full well how we would take it when he used the term, and it was his way of redirecting the thread when we hadn't spent enough time talking to/about him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Metal Gear Rising has the best soundtrack of any video game.

That's not my unpopular opinion, literally everyone agree with that. My potentially controversial opinion is that while MGR may have the best soundtrack overall, the best video game song ever is Heaven's Divide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Gripweed posted:

I like Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy more, Mad World is also probably in close contention with MGR though.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Yardbomb posted:

My thought process is: You're a loving moron piece of poo poo, hth.

Wow, people get really thorny about being impotent

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes I am not convinced that Roman Catholicism is really Christianity. Seems more like Mormonism to me.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gripweed posted:

That's not my unpopular opinion, literally everyone agree with that. My potentially controversial opinion is that while MGR may have the best soundtrack overall, the best video game song ever is Heaven's Divide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0

This reminds me: My unpopular opinion is that Peace Walker is by far the best MGS game

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It was weird because he knew what everyone else considered eugenics, but kept trying to push his own version of it while using the same term. He knew full well how we would take it when he used the term, and it was his way of redirecting the thread when we hadn't spent enough time talking to/about him.

Gripweed posted:

this talk of Metal Gear and eugenics...I'd love to see a game about trying to breed the perfect people without having a lick of knowledge on how genes work

and yes i am purposely ignoring the fact that fire emblem exists

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
"I don't understand. I keep breeding my strongest warriors together and they always end up with hemophilia and Hapsburg chins!"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You guys might want to try Crusader Kings 2.

You can breed the perfect inbred quasimodos while also seeing why you might want the royal council playing puppeteer to King Frankenstein instead of handing the throne to the disgusting line of von Schmartzenpurfekt-Bjuttysjéksy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You can breed the perfect inbred quasimodos while also seeing why you might want the royal council playing puppeteer to King Frankenstein instead of handing the throne to the disgusting line of von Schmartzenpurfekt-Bjuttysjéksy

Alternatively why filicide/siblicide/nepoticide aren't as morally black and white as you think

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah, and -200 prestige is a small price to pay for true love.

True love being a lowborn spouse with the genius trait.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Caufman posted:

lowborn spouse with the genius trait.
Sounds like a match to me!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The worst place to live isn’t the big city or a small town. It’s small cities. Worst of both worlds. You have to drive everywhere but there’s traffic. Minimal culture, lack of night life, etc but you also can’t shoot cans or have a bonfire or go fishing. Etc

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Wheat Loaf posted:

I must know, how "warm" does London get and what is considered to be unreasonable in your eyes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I must know, how "warm" does London get and what is considered to be unreasonable in your eyes.

I concede that it is not as it warm as it was when I visited Furnace Creek a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Furnace Creek isn't as hot as Magma River.