Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

the_steve posted:

Is it just me, or have the most fun/entertaining characters primarily been Rider-class?
Just off the top of my head, you've got Best Girl Medusa, Iskander the King of Bros, Quetzo Lucha Libre, Martha's new animation is definitely fun. And that isn't even factoring in the Servants who cross over for various reasons like Kintoki and Santa Alter and Surfer Mordred.
I dunno, it just seems like the Riders have the most fun.

Also, I finally watched the last episode of Cooking with Emiya Family.
THEY MADE BERSERKER COOKIES FOR BERSERKER :3:

B.B. certainly disagrees with you and (forcefully) insists that you'll find that Moon Cancer is indeed the most fun class. Or else.

On a more serious note, no matter how much you might like her, Medusa is in no way fun/entertaining - she's a fairly serious character, and not in a humorous sense. And there are certainly cases to be made for other classes (like hanging out with the all the Irish heroes over in Lancer class), so it all comes down to where the greatest concentration of one's personal preferences is..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aurora posted:

archer had an entire episode where he cooked omurice for artoria

:doh:
Yeah, I was thinking of Gil when I said that, not Emiya.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the_steve posted:

Hell, I think Archer was the one person who didn't show up at all in CWEF. Well, him and Kirei.

In addition to the episode already mentioned he played a totally normal and not at all murderous game of volleyball against Shirou and Saber.

E: oh right, Gil. Nevermind then! :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tired Moritz posted:

I think people dont like sameface jokes cause an artist got harrassed already from the fanbase but IDK

Harrasment is putting it lightly. They went so far as to include his dead parent in their insanity, there were a few actual threats, and they completely drove him off of at least Twitter, if not all of his social media accounts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Lord Koth posted:

On a more serious note, no matter how much you might like her, Medusa is in no way fun/entertaining - she's a fairly serious character, and not in a humorous sense.

looks like someone never got around to playing hollow ataraxia

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
one of the recent chapters of emiya gohan was about gil but it’ll probs be a while before that one’s in English

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

On a more serious note, no matter how much you might like her, Medusa is in no way fun/entertaining - she's a fairly serious character, and not in a humorous sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGE6N0cJWKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMvCaiuURrw

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

:perfect:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Also I bet that shield bash is a mecha/SRW reference.

Endorph posted:

plus as 'sameface' gets memefied its stops really meaning anything, like people accused the new lancer of being a 'trace' of jalter's shinjuku costume even though the angle and pose are entirely different. people just say it because they see that the artist made something that looks similar and they heard the tracing/sameface meme once
To be fair Takeuchi does seem to have a library of stock poses/angles to consult for illustrations. Every now and then he adds a new pose/angle and uses it in a couple illustrations in (semi-)close succession and people cry foul because they're poo poo but tbqh that poo poo is hard so more power to him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Medusa is one of the characters in Okita and Oda's Excellent Adventure, so she is both fun and entertaining.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I too would sell my soul and reference my own art for money

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

If you can make it big, I can hardly blame you for drawing what you like.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Why DOES Medusa have A+ riding? I don't recall her ever riding anything in the myth. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
where's my nomura artist, yo cowards

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Lord Koth posted:

As someone who has a Level 100, 10/10/10 Medusa I would like to say,

Nuh-uh

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Nuh-uh

Good life decisions, that's one of them.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gloomy Rube posted:

Why DOES Medusa have A+ riding? I don't recall her ever riding anything in the myth. :v:

It's a class skill, she does not gain it directly from her myth.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's a class skill, she does not gain it directly from her myth.
That explains why Medb's riding skill is so good since it pertains to both class and myth. :haw:

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 11, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Gloomy Rube posted:

You know why she has it. You know why.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

You know why she has it. You know why.

Her NP Belorophon has a horse in it?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 11, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what servants have appeared least across both main story quests and events. Medium-sized Medusa hasn't appeared in the main story at all, has she? I know she's a regular in events though.

It might actually be normal Arturia? I don't think she was in anything other than the Fate Zero event, since she's only shown up in the main story as an Alter or Lancer. Even Eric had a bigger part in the story.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Her NP Belorophon has a horse in it?

“A horse”. That’s the Pegasus that was born from the blood from her neck after Perseus cut her head off with Harpe.

Though she has it well before dying in her Fate Hollow flashbacks... Her sisters love to fly it for their own enjoyment and also tire it out so Medusa can’t fly off for most of the day and ignore her chores and their teasing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bakanogami posted:

I wonder what servants have appeared least across both main story quests and events. Medium-sized Medusa hasn't appeared in the main story at all, has she? I know she's a regular in events though.

It might actually be normal Arturia? I don't think she was in anything other than the Fate Zero event, since she's only shown up in the main story as an Alter or Lancer. Even Eric had a bigger part in the story.

Parvarti to this date has only appeared in on valentine solo scenes and she's been available for over a year at this point.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

“A horse”. That’s the Pegasus that was born from the blood from her neck after Perseus cut her head off with Harpe.

Though she has it well before dying in her Fate Hollow flashbacks... Her sisters love to fly it for their own enjoyment and also tire it out so Medusa can’t fly off for most of the day and ignore her chores and their teasing.

im glad they died

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

Arturia's in a couple of Bedivere's flashbacks in Camelot. It isn't much but I'd say that's more significant than Eric popping out of the woods to die in one buster attack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also Fujino has been in literally nothing. She didn't have a trial quest, she wasn't added to anything in the actual KNK rerun, and she was added after Valentine's so she hasn't even had a valentine's scene yet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fujinon is the star of LB3 in my heart because she wrecked the pretty boy Saber for me

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Pegasus is technically Medusa's son. I guess if you're Pegasus's mom you'd need sufficiently high Riding skill to ride him, as the skill ranks are less about how well you can ride and more about what you can ride. Any magical beast is basically impossible to ride with rank A or lower. This is why Astolfo also has A+ (or he couldn't ride his hippogryph), and why Martha has A++ (because she can ride a dragon, which is normally not allowed).

Curiously enough, Marie explicitly has Riding A+, meaning she can ride any non-dragon animal by asking it nicely. Further cementing that she is, in fact, a Disney princess. Yes, Marie loving Antoinette is capable of riding more things than King Arthur, Karna, and Brynhildr.

Red Hare (Riding EX) is also specifically noted as having the ability to ride any horse, which is kind of pointless considering he is a horse (something his profile apparently acknowledges).

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Nakar posted:

Pegasus is technically Medusa's son. I guess if you're Pegasus's mom you'd need sufficiently high Riding skill to ride him, as the skill ranks are less about how well you can ride and more about what you can ride. Any magical beast is basically impossible to ride with rank A or lower. This is why Astolfo also has A+ (or he couldn't ride his hippogryph), and why Martha has A++ (because she can ride a dragon, which is normally not allowed).

Curiously enough, Marie explicitly has Riding A+, meaning she can ride any non-dragon animal by asking it nicely. Further cementing that she is, in fact, a Disney princess. Yes, Marie loving Antoinette is capable of riding more things than King Arthur, Karna, and Brynhildr.

Red Hare (Riding EX) is also specifically noted as having the ability to ride any horse, which is kind of pointless considering he is a horse (something his profile apparently acknowledges).

Red Hare is skilled at being ridden.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Nuh-uh

'Sup, fellow Lv100 Medusa 10/10/10 haver.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Stairmaster posted:

im glad they died

That's cruel, they didn't do anything wrong.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Harrasment is putting it lightly. They went so far as to include his dead parent in their insanity, there were a few actual threats, and they completely drove him off of at least Twitter, if not all of his social media accounts.

That's awful! I didn't know the Type-Moon fanbase had that amount of hostility. I'm an unabashed Saber-face fan, so it just seems so foreign to me.:(

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Blight Runner posted:

That's awful! I didn't know the Type-Moon fanbase had that amount of hostility. I'm an unabashed Saber-face fan, so it just seems so foreign to me.:(

Welcome to fandoms in the Internet Age, where Hyperbole is king. There's always some fuckhead who takes things way beyond the realm of common sense.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Nakar posted:

That's odd, I thought "EX" was supposed to be the ranking for "Doing stuff you normally can't do" by definition. Is it because Martha's only 'breaking the rules' in a single spot instead of all over like some EX rank people do?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gloomy Rube posted:

That's odd, I thought "EX" was supposed to be the ranking for "Doing stuff you normally can't do" by definition. Is it because Martha's only 'breaking the rules' in a single spot instead of all over like some EX rank people do?

I'd say that's a good guess. Probably based off of what Tarrasque is officially classified as.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Rorahusky posted:

Welcome to fandoms in the Internet Age, where Hyperbole is king. There's always some fuckhead who takes things way beyond the realm of common sense.

Its more case of people competing to see who can make the most snide comments given the Twitter culture of needing to comment/bandwagon on everything no matter how inane. Like in the case of the artist, people said 'congratulations' when he said he had to deal with his parent's funeral.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Gloomy Rube posted:

EX is more like the chart going "yeaaaaaaaaaaaah I don't know what the gently caress anymore, but I gotta say something."

And yeah, plusses are usually situational bonuses.

Ditto minuses, but in reverse.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gloomy Rube posted:

I'd say Martha has a lore bypass given her myth of taming Tarrasque. So it's not out of nowhere.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It was mostly a joke, I figured the other poster was trying to do an insinuation they probably actually weren't upon rereading.

I know the myth, she's my favourite character alongside Jalter and Nightingale.

Medusa is not the monster of those stories. Heck, her paths in FSN and UBW are just more tragic BS to befall her due to abusive people. Can't wait for HF2 to come out. Maybe spoilers for HF1 if you haven't seen it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDfIxo9kVpo

Started watching that Fate Extra anime - Drake is pretty great.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I know the myth, she's my favourite character alongside Jalter and Nightingale.

How could that be if you mangle character names?