Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Otteration posted:

One theory:

"The Br'er Rabbit stories can be traced back to trickster figures in Africa, particularly the hare that figures prominently in the storytelling traditions in West, Central, and Southern Africa. These tales continue to be part of the traditional folklore of numerous peoples throughout those regions. In the Akan traditions of West Africa, the trickster is usually the spider Anansi, though the plots in his tales are often identical with those of stories of Br'er Rabbit. However, Anansi does encounter a tricky rabbit called "Adanko" (Asante-Twi to mean "Hare") in some stories. The Jamaican character with the same name "Brer Rabbit", is an adaptation of the Ananse stories of the Akan people."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%27er_Rabbit#African_origins

Let us know what you discover though.

I dunno in what world the two leaders who are constantly pro border patrol and poo poo are just pretending to only oppose Trump on a technicality more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I bet he's asked all the usual suspects (Miller, Jared, Ivanka) and they all said "no".

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
With Kelly gone, there's no one to stop the Mooch. Right?

Lycus posted:

I bet he's asked all the usual suspects (Miller, Jared, Ivanka) and they all said "no".

He even asked Kevin Spacey, who turned it down because it would be bad for his career.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 12, 2018

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting this feeling like Trump is finally running out of his ability to maintain any semblance of the (false) image which drew people to him, and his support will collapse any day now as people are finally forced to deal with what he actually is. And then I wake up. Anyway thanks for listening about my recurring dreams.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ague Proof posted:

Return of the Mooch is imminent. Scaramucci Details Characteristics Needed To Be President’s Chief of Staff

quote:

When asked about what kind of personality and what kind of mindset a person would need to succeed at the job, Scaramucci said, “The president needs an honest broker. He needs somebody that's going to expand the access of the tent around him, because the president likes talking to a lot of people. The person should have an insecurity quotient of about zero. And frankly, somebody that can help him ring fence the legal situation, he would be better suited with somebody had a legal experience or legal mind, that that would be the the characteristics and qualities of somebody that I'd be looking for.”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

THE MOOCH RISES

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Obligitory: http://www.spreadingsantorum.com/

(Disclaimer: gay guy spreading the old news here).

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Only the best and greatest folks like The Mooch will work for the Toddler in Chief now.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I take it that the Qultists are going to go wild if the Mooch becomes CoS.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Mooch becomes CoS I bet he’s fired faster than his time as press secretary.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

His own lawyer was on TV saying it was for the campaign. Then again, Giuliani might be the worst lawyer in history.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

awesmoe posted:

ahahahaAhaaaaaaaaaa its like the office but somehow more awkward and also happening to hellish people who deserve everything that happens to them

haha, this schumer burn from earlier was unexpected: "the president is in trouble if he's bragging about winning north dakota and indiana."

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1072666845474369537

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Moochie will set a world record for most positions held in one presidentcy as well as quickest to leave office, including becoming New Vice President and President!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fired by whom?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

Fired by whom?

Himself.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

don't those colleges teach you nothing for the real world? like at best they are basically a breeding ground for drones for Big GOP sponcers and poo poo.
I grew up not to far from this monstrosity, which matches that description perfectly.

Hyles Anderson College

quote:

There are separate requirements for male and female students for the same degree.[14] For example, the Bachelor of Science Degree program has a "Curriculum for Ladies" that requires classes including "Home Decorating," "Clothing Design" and "Understanding Your Husband."[14]

For school year 2010-2011, HAC's catalog listed policies that "maybe you wouldn't like," including prohibiting male long hair, the use of alcohol, cigarettes, dance, Hollywood movies, playing cards, having "fellowship with liberals," or participating in "other questionable amusements" as well as requiring "young ladies" to be chaperoned if they go off-campus

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dwarf74 posted:

I grew up not to far from this monstrosity, which matches that description perfectly.

Hyles Anderson College

clicking through to see the article about the college and, no surprise, a lot of sexual assault involved there

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I hope SNL has a sleeping Pence but draws no attention to it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1072569294272299008

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Scurrilous. Duplicitous.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Party Plane Jones posted:

clicking through to see the article about the college and, no surprise, a lot of sexual assault involved there
Yes, it is extremely rapey.

https://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2013/Let-Us-Prey-Big-Trouble-at-First-Baptist-Church/

And while, yeah, this is Indiana, it's all in northwest Indiana - the church itself is in Hammond, really near the state line with Calumet City and near the southern border of Chicago. Crown Point, where the school is, used to be rural-ish, but now it, too, is about as suburban as you can get.

And despite growing up nearby, I never met a single person who went there. It's completely insular and cult-like.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/qjurecic/status/1072676076080562176?s=21

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Edit: beaten on the Jurecic tweet in the post above this, but here's the actual 178-page Flynn sentencing memo for anyone who wants it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

He's literally the worst non fox news pundit I've ever seen and only seems to retain his position from having mastered the clickbait headline. I admit he's gotten me a couple times in the past with headlines that seem like something you really need to read and then a pile of just the most bleedingly obvious observations you can imagine. If Cilliza has thought of it theres a good chance so have you for a while now and in much deeper and greater detail.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Piell posted:

Return of the Mooch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

You know it would be so much worse.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

KickerOfMice posted:

You know it would be so much worse.

Oh I know. I'm just contractually obligated to make a Return of the Mack joke every time Scaramucci pops his head up and angles to get back in the White House. Which is a lot, it turns out.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

:lol: Oh my god Flynn c'mon... use your noggin

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

He's literally the worst non fox news pundit I've ever seen and only seems to retain his position from having mastered the clickbait headline. I admit he's gotten me a couple times in the past with headlines that seem like something you really need to read and then a pile of just the most bleedingly obvious observations you can imagine. If Cilliza has thought of it theres a good chance so have you for a while now and in much deeper and greater detail.

No doubt! And what is with the USA-TODAY type numbers headlines. "28 ways Trump hosed up!"

Simplicity sells, I suppose.

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh I know. I'm just contractually obligated to make a Return of the Mack joke every time Scaramucci pops his head up and angles to get back in the White House. Which is a lot, it turns out.

:hmmyes:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

This is the jam and I want you to know that I appreciate you 😂

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Koalas Massacre posted:

This is the jam and I want you to know that I appreciate you 😂

OMFG you have got to be kidding!

This is where we diverge, friend. :colbert:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Oh my god. This has got to be the single oldest law enforcement trick in the book, and he was still dumb enough to fall for it. “They were concerned that giving the warnings might adversely affect the rapport”, I’m dying over here.

e: I mean, it certainly was “the quickest way to get this done”, gotta give them that.

pumpinglemma fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 12, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

nine-gear crow posted:

Not knowing what you were linking, I was really expecting some ALways Sunny video to be honest.

That transcript about Flynn is just great. Its the FBI, not your "good ol' boys club".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

awesmoe posted:

ahahahaAhaaaaaaaaaa its like the office but somehow more awkward and also happening to hellish people who deserve everything that happens to them

he really is that lovely kid who just repeats baldfaced lie hoping that it some how becomes truth.

flynn thought he was above it all i guess. if this were another presidency, he would be right.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he really is that lovely kid who just repeats baldfaced lie hoping that it some how becomes truth.

flynn thought he was above it all i guess. if this were another presidency, he would be right.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1072681887238250496

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Looking forward to the Donnie Brasco remake

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this poo poo does not sound like someone expressing remorse about his own guilt, it sounds like lawyers feeding conservative conspiracy theories about how the interviewing agents didn't think he lied and it was a selective prosecution by mueller

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1072681342024986624

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I just don't understand how they keep getting stupider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

:lol: never talk to the cops michael