Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
normal country

https://twitter.com/sabrinananji/status/1072544861692268544

https://twitter.com/sabrinananji/status/1072552868761296897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

was it legal

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

was it legal

aw yeah it was

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

maybe it shouldn't be

i'm not sure if i prefer the world where i can see which billionaires are shamelessly making GBS threads in the birdbath, or the one where there are low contribution limits and those same moneyed interests donate the same amount of money after a perfunctory shuffle

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
which company was it where every executive mysteriously donated the maximum amount to the conservatives and also mysteriously got that same amount back in their annual bonuses

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

was it legal

Why wouldn't it be? Ontario Proud is not directly affiliated with PCPO or the PC party of Canada. As long as we allow Working Families to do the same it's fair play I guess.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

canada's special ability should be that when you win a fight against barbarians you instantly get railroad on that tile

lmao

shoulda done william lyon meckenzie king, and you can summon the specter of hitler, dead dogs, and mom.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

That was my point. Telling someone not to vote for X isn't a contribution to Y's campaign even if the only other candidate makes everyone go "zzzzzz".

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Political action groups is speech friend, you wouldn't want to limit speech, would you?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Circumventing campaign contribution limits by giving them to a "completely unaffiliated" PAC instead of the candidate is stupid but so are all the alternatives so all hail the plutocracy

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Last week, CBC Music chose to remove “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” from two of its holiday music streams in recognition of the differing opinions pertaining to the lyrics. This week, the most talked-about holiday tune of the season is being restored after hearing feedback from our audience.

“As you know, last week we decided to press pause to consider the different points of view on playing 'Baby, It's Cold Outside.' Because we value our audience input which was overwhelmingly to include the song, we have put it back on the two playlists where it had been removed,” said CBC public affairs head Chuck Thompson in a statement. “Appreciating not everyone interprets lyrics the same way, listeners may wish to skip the song as we understand not everyone will agree with this decision.”

https://www.cbcmusic.ca/posts/20733/cbc-music-restores-baby-its-cold-outside

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I cannot imagine caring less about anything

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Did anyone ever talk about Jesse Hersh getting booted off the CBC after he criticized both the CBC and Facebook, pointing out that a public broadcaster shouldn't have such a close relationship with a private company like Facebook. There's a good interview on Canadaland about the whole thing, and to his credit Hersh doesn't seem surprised and mocks the hell out of CBC management. Also Facebook demanding that the CBC provide them with what Hersh was going to say on-air the next day so they could respond in advance.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

That's pretty rich coming from the guy who had a bunch of bitcoins and went on CBC radio to tell the old folks about amazing opportunities in bitcoin investing and how great an idea it was for others to invest in bitcoins.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I remember a while back on the cbc news website reading about a couple who sunk their retirement savings into buying bitcoin miner machines. Would love a followup to that article!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bitcoin-mine-canada-1.4436149

“If it’s going to work, it’s going to work really well!” - a solid business plan

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

James Baud posted:

Last week, CBC Music chose to remove “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” from two of its holiday music streams in recognition of the differing opinions pertaining to the lyrics. This week, the most talked-about holiday tune of the season is being restored after hearing feedback from our audience.

“As you know, last week we decided to press pause to consider the different points of view on playing 'Baby, It's Cold Outside.' Because we value our audience input which was overwhelmingly to include the song, we have put it back on the two playlists where it had been removed,” said CBC public affairs head Chuck Thompson in a statement. “Appreciating not everyone interprets lyrics the same way, listeners may wish to skip the song as we understand not everyone will agree with this decision.”

https://www.cbcmusic.ca/posts/20733/cbc-music-restores-baby-its-cold-outside

will people shut the gently caress up about this now

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

flakeloaf posted:

That's pretty rich coming from the guy who had a bunch of bitcoins and went on CBC radio to tell the old folks about amazing opportunities in bitcoin investing and how great an idea it was for others to invest in bitcoins.

that's amazing :allears:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

I didn't know that. Still, I think he raised some good points about the CBC's relationship with Facebook, regardless of his crypto fetish.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

priznat posted:

I remember a while back on the cbc news website reading about a couple who sunk their retirement savings into buying bitcoin miner machines. Would love a followup to that article!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bitcoin-mine-canada-1.4436149

“If it’s going to work, it’s going to work really well!” - a solid business plan

an acquaintance of mine, who is broke, bought four (4) GPUs for butt mining, 2 months ago, on credit :laffo:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If you were smart you could have probably flipped a few 1080s for some extra cash but I'd guess those are the only people who profited from the whole thing.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
https://amp.reddit.com/r/ottawa/comments/a4vbf0/i_am_an_exmanager_at_99_rideau_ask_me_almost/

I think this thread needs some cheering up

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

will people shut the gently caress up about this now

no

It will be a conservative talking point for years, along with the midget hockey thing. PC culture messin with mah HOCKEY AHHHHHH :bahgawd:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Wrenever posted:

no

It will be a conservative talking point for years, along with the midget hockey thing. PC culture messin with mah HOCKEY AHHHHHH :bahgawd:

i think like 3 different people brought this up to me on the weekend and all of them blamed raving PC culture mobs. I don't even know who was asking for these other than some scattered people on twitter saying that in todays context the whole thing doesnt make sense. some dumbass pr person at several radio stations thought this would make them look woke and made a big deal about it and it got dumb real fast

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
cbc is now officially pro-rape

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

cbc is now officially pro-rape

Now?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how long did they cover for ghomeshi again?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

vyelkin posted:

which company was it where every executive mysteriously donated the maximum amount to the conservatives and also mysteriously got that same amount back in their annual bonuses

sounds like snc lavalin

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

:eyepop:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/_truenorthnews/status/1072641270181453824

if any of y'all are attending ryerson give this dork a good wedgie

quote:

Currently Harrison studies journalism at Ryerson University where he is involved in campus politics and campus conservatism. As one of very few conservatives studying journalism in Canada, Harrison recognizes that there is a need to balance out the heavily politicized and slanted news media here in Canada. He is a patriot, a conservative and a Manchester United supporter (in that order).

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

infernal machines posted:

baby, it’s Q outside

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I saw on youtube JJ McCulloch has some clickbaity looking videos where he rags on Quebec or whatever, has anyone watched one in order to mock the poo poo out of this failed cartoonist? Actually no one needs to watch it in order to do that.

Should try to get him deplatformed off youtube.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

nah, it’s not like he’s a nazi, and that would score him a free lap on the right wing victimhood circuit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

True enough. I just can’t stand the little hipster weasel.

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I forgot JJ Maculloch existed until now. thanks rear end in a top hat

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sorry, he randomly popped up for me and I got annoyed and had to share the pain.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

true story: my friend dated JJ a few years back and discovered that JJ had not yet learned how to masturbate. he was 22 years old at the time

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

THC posted:

true story: my friend dated JJ a few years back and discovered that JJ had not yet learned how to masturbate. he was 22 years old at the time

Prove it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

THC posted:

lmao

~hank hill voice~ that boy ain’t right

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Wilfred Laurier University’s resident promoter of “open inquiry” who “left the left” because of political correctness, and is definitely NOT a Nazi, is suddenly very concerned about “an overall lack of white babies”

https://twitter.com/NewWorldHominin/status/1072697293462220802

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

what happened
Dec 2, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
can't wait to hear Doug Collins is now writing poo poo for Breitbart via Ouija board