Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

This new medication that I'm on is made of blenderized GMO Chinese hamster ovaries. New monoclal biologics are extremely cyberpunk. Also it's excellent and is the only thing that's worked for me in 7 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

WrenP-Complete posted:

This new medication that I'm on is made of blenderized GMO Chinese hamster ovaries. New monoclal biologics are extremely cyberpunk. Also it's excellent and is the only thing that's worked for me in 7 years!

I wish my three different medicines worked that well

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

gonadic io posted:

do you have to do this though because part of the kit is stripping out anything that might report back

yeah that's why you swap the circuit board. you're taking out all the changes bird made to their generic wholesale scooter and it's not connected to the network any more

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

haveblue posted:

yeah that's why you swap the circuit board. you're taking out all the changes bird made to their generic wholesale scooter and it's not connected to the network any more

yeah, toss it in a faraday bag and take it somewhere to dismantle it and remove the gps tracking. extremely cyberpunk.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
:rolleyes: not nearly as cyberpunk as carrying out the modifications in the back of a moving vehicle and dropping the the fixed versions off at an underground market 20 mins later

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
hell yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
attach a gps spoofer, frame your least favorite neighbor for scooter theft

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
instead of just committing theft under $5000, commit a serious felony too

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
I need recommendations in and around the "one big visor" style of sunglasses, if anyone is familiar with the subject.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

TimWinter posted:

I need recommendations in and around the "one big visor" style of sunglasses, if anyone is familiar with the subject.

I bought these two for photo props and they are fairly fun:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MIN...2840712888.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jac...2843610936.html

there are prob. more in the ‘related’ spots on the store as well

:cool:

not an undercut, just how the Decim8 glitch app dithered my hair

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 11, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

TimWinter posted:

don't buy one unless it's for a costume. they are dorky as gently caress irl and you will look dorky as gently caress wearing one. there are no exceptions

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

:rolleyes: not nearly as cyberpunk as carrying out the modifications in the back of a moving vehicle and dropping the the fixed versions off at an underground market 20 mins later

hoarding a bunch of these scooters in a truck is part of the usage model (there's a charging bounty that of course only works at scale)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cocoa Crispies posted:

hoarding a bunch of these scooters in a truck is part of the usage model (there's a charging bounty that of course only works at scale)

driving a beat to gently caress dakota running on five cylinders all night to recharge scooters and save the environment

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Jonny 290 posted:

driving a beat to gently caress dakota running on five cylinders all night to recharge scooters and save the environment

BORN TO DIE
BEAT TO gently caress
Kill Em All 1989
I am trash man
410,757,864,530 DEAD SCOOTERS

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I bought these two for photo props and they are fairly fun:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MIN...2840712888.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jac...2843610936.html

there are prob. more in the ‘related’ spots on the store as well

:cool:

not an undercut, just how the Decim8 glitch app dithered my hair

These are so good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

TimWinter posted:

These are so good

wait I forgot my favourite visor, not from Ali but a local ‘weird tat’ store (though I’m sure if you searched you could find them Cheap from China)

yes I am lady Gaga.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

NoneMoreNegative posted:

wait I forgot my favourite visor, not from Ali but a local ‘weird tat’ store (though I’m sure if you searched you could find them Cheap from China)

yes I am lady Gaga.

holy poo poo these whoop rear end

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

also also if you are looking for a party favourite you should maybe skip the visor and get some of the EL wire shutter shades, they are a lot more visually appealing

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dou...2656904774.html

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I bought a sleep mask, definitely a sleep mask and not some bondage blinder - the customs declaration on the AliExpress parcel address label in bold letters:

SEXY COSTUMES

:o:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

also also if you are looking for a party favourite you should maybe skip the visor and get some of the EL wire shutter shades, they are a lot more visually appealing

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dou...2656904774.html

I got a pair of these for a cyberpunk party, they are delightfully stupid.

those studded sunglasses are mega-lol (in a good way)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I bought a sleep mask, definitely a sleep mask and not some bondage blinder - the customs declaration on the AliExpress parcel address label in bold letters:

SEXY COSTUMES

:o:

what's the opposite of discrete plain brown paper packaging?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

infernal machines posted:

what's the opposite of discrete plain brown paper packaging?

"aliexpress packaging"

it's like they deliberately go out of their way to make normal things sound suspicious. i bought a sheet of stick-on rubber feet to replace the missing ones on my stereo. the label on the box said "RUBBER PERSONAL TOY"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

now i'm imagining your stereo components awkwardly perched on a bunch of dildos

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

it makes the sound warmer, and hornier.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

turntable all gyrating around

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

looks painful tbh

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EIJovPPFAw

e: oh, I read "punctured" not "perched"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
prey is a great game if any of u haven't played it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the new one? there was an old one right?

like doom and shadow warrior and every other fps ever

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the old one is a doom clone, the new one is system shock 3

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the old Prey also has its moments, it did some fun things with arbitrary gravity zones and portals in levels, as well as a bunch of Art Bell Coast To Coast scattered through the levels to complement the alien abduction theme. I would def. recommend a playthrough if you find it on cheap.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

prey is a great game if any of u haven't played it

i just bought it 'cause the digital deluxe edition is $15 on steam.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah it's a drat good game and getting it for $15 is a steal, especially with all the dlc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

new prey was goty 2017, no contest

old prey was fun and weird with how everything was very biological and gooey but it was also basically just doom3/quake4 plus some gravity and portal stuff.

also i imagine that the parts of prey where e.g. you are a native american man who owns a bar and your disappointed grandfather teaches you how to spirit walk into the astral plane and kill the souls of your enemies with a bow and arrow to regenerate health won't totally hold up in 2018.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
cool i guess it's worth :10bux:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's

i like the part where it does the system shock thing that areas you think you've cleared are no longer so

also system shock 1 remake is supposed to come out soon

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yes I am lady Gaga.

i need these in my life

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also system shock 1 remake is supposed to come out soon

ooh! i didn't know about that.

i tried replaying it recently and lord almighty is it ever clunky by modern standards. i mean, yeah it's 24 years old, but lordy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ooh! i didn't know about that.

i tried replaying it recently and lord almighty is it ever clunky by modern standards. i mean, yeah it's 24 years old, but lordy.

nightdive studios keeps delaying it but they last said this month so... soon i think

their patreon or whatever that funded it absolutely exploded, like busted way past all their markers and now it's gonna be on linux etc etc

• Locked thread