Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

I just thought of a good title text for city of glompton's zombie halloween av

The Bok-ing Dead

thank you thakn you

love it

I can use my original zombie chicken av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

alnilam posted:

I def agree. but to pay devil's advocate, if you end in your prime fans will always whine that you were taken too soon. then chances are good that you'll be rebooted years later from a combination of fan demand and network lack of new ideas and everyone will be disappointed anyway. So i guess you can't win

yeah, still waiting for the St. Elsewhere reboot.

also Hill Street Blues

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Perfect Strangers or die, bithc

BoldFrankensteinMir

alnilam posted:

I def agree. but to pay devil's advocate, if you end in your prime fans will always whine that you were taken too soon. then chances are good that you'll be rebooted years later from a combination of fan demand and network lack of new ideas and everyone will be disappointed anyway. So i guess you can't win

Nah, first rule of entertainment: always leave em wanting more. You ALWAYS leave money on the table and a few people saying 'but there could have been more!', it's like being a master gambler who walks away when they seem to be on a streak. Takes nerves and is ultimately correct and bad-rear end.

But that's just one approach, admittedly.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

a dude is trying to talk me into leaving my long-time boyfriend (over a year and some months now) because said dude decided we're bad for each other and "neither one of you are getting better."

buddy, don't be the person i cut out of my life for being a gross 58 year old dude telling me what to do. especially when you barely know either one of us.

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hamjobs posted:

a dude is trying to talk me into leaving my long-time boyfriend (over a year and some months now) because said dude decided we're bad for each other and "neither one of you are getting better."

buddy, don't be the person i cut out of my life for being a gross 58 year old dude telling me what to do. especially when you barely know either one of us.

lol he wants to be your sugar daddy

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Good morning everyone.

Farecoal

There he go
listen to your elders space alpaca

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hamjobs posted:

this is the worst seduction I've ever read, I'm sorry your friend got weird

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
A neat thing about Fargo is that each season tells a self-contained story with a fresh cast of characters - only connected by a common setting and by similar plotlines & motifs. So it’s relatively difficult for the show to get stale from season to season.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

alnilam

Fartgo

ty manifisto

Farecoal

There he go

Jaded Burnout

blaise rascal posted:

A neat thing about Fargo is that each season tells a self-contained story with a fresh cast of characters - only connected by a common setting and by similar plotlines & motifs. So it’s relatively difficult for the show to get stale from season to season.

You would think so, but True Detective somehow managed it.

MockingQuantum

I lived in Fargo for a number of years, I've never seen the movie or the show

that's my story *bows*

thank you luvcow for the sig

alnilam

I know someone who moved here recently from living in Fargo her whole life and i feel bad for her because she cannot ever say where she's from without comments about the movie coming up. it's the kind of thing that's not bad per se but gets really annoying when it happens every drat time

MockingQuantum

alnilam posted:

I know someone who moved here recently from living in Fargo her whole life and i feel bad for her because she cannot ever say where she's from without comments about the movie coming up. it's the kind of thing that's not bad per se but gets really annoying when it happens every drat time

I can confirm, it gets very old very fast. I didn't move that far away, though, so I don't get it that often, it's usually people who moved here from elsewhere in the country that find it really funny to ask if I own a woodchipper, wink wink nudge nudge

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://twitter.com/Akkiwritz/status/1072835255760052224

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

sb hermit

:ohdearsass: be careful steve

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
advice: never offer to teach a friend to Homebrew. Only tell them where the store is, and leave everything else up to them. Trust me

e: this is apropos of nothing other than what I am dealing with right now, while the beer is boiling and my friend has decided it's a great opportunity to go out and ride his motorcycle

MockingQuantum

I tried homebrewing once, it was fun but also a big hassle, and also I realized I just don't like beer enough to make it myself. It was a real learning experience, and I like to think I grew as a person because of it. also I still have carboys taking up space in my garage along with a bunch of other dumb crap because my wife and I are both terrible about collecting hobbies that we end up kind of giving up on, but never ditch the various accouterments that are required of the hobby

Jaded Burnout

Hugh Malone posted:

advice: never offer to teach a friend to Homebrew. Only tell them where the store is, and leave everything else up to them. Trust me

e: this is apropos of nothing other than what I am dealing with right now, while the beer is boiling and my friend has decided it's a great opportunity to go out and ride his motorcycle

turn it off bruv, let him clean it up

alnilam

Hugh Malone posted:

that's just a dick move. home brewing is all about hauling a tv into the kitchen and getting wasted with a friend and watching mst3k while it brews.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

alnilam posted:

that's just a dick move. home brewing is all about hauling a tv into the kitchen and getting wasted with a friend and watching mst3k while it brews.

how u get wasted if u aint made any beer yet?

Manifisto

TVsVeryOwn posted:

how u get wasted if u aint made any beer yet?

easy: fire up the time machine and borrow a beer from the future.

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

easy: fire up the time machine and borrow a beer from the future.

drink two, then make the decision to brew a higher gravity beer, and suddenly become drunker

Papa Was A Video Toaster

alnilam posted:

drink two, then make the decision to brew a higher gravity beer, and suddenly become drunker

repeat ad nauseum

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
HEY
yall ever do wwoofing, agricultural work, or weed cultivation or weed labor jobs (like trimmers)?
I want sum perspective

Farecoal

There he go
ive done landscaping work, what did you want to know?

Lokifer
... and I'm all out of bubble-gum.
oh hello

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lokifer posted:

oh hello

Welcome &

alnilam

Lokifer posted:

oh hello

hi hello how are you

ty manifisto

ChubbyChecker
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

the dog is catnapping!

ChubbyChecker
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lokifer posted:

oh hello

hi and welcome! post ur pets and any cool crimes you've committed

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chat

Manifisto

chaat

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

specifically some pani puri, please

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

specifically some pani puri, please

GIVE DAL OR FIGHT ME

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hamjobs posted:

GIVE DAL OR FIGHT ME

ma'am, I'm going to need some assurances that you will not assault me after I have delivered the dal

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Farecoal posted:

ive done landscaping work, what did you want to know?

Oh hm i guess i specifically meant agricultural or horticultural. i'm applying to start wwoofing this winter and then wondering where to go from there for looking for work. i do live in california so theres weed farms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TVsVeryOwn posted:

ma'am, I'm going to need some assurances that you will not assault me after I have delivered the dal

DAL MAKHANI OR FIGHT