Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fart City posted:

Ideal Duke Nukem movie for me would be one that picks up twenty years after he repelled an alien invasion, where he’s been coasting on his fame to open Dukeburger franchises and make television gameshow appearances and has become an out of touch novelty for the world at large, and then the aliens return and he has to come out of retirement.

Starring Danny McBride.

Fuuuuuuuck. This would work so loving well. Especially if McBride got sort of, but not really, in shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fart City posted:

Ideal Duke Nukem movie for me would be one that picks up twenty years after he repelled an alien invasion, where he’s been coasting on his fame to open Dukeburger franchises and make television gameshow appearances and has become an out of touch novelty for the world at large, and then the aliens return and he has to come out of retirement.

Starring Danny McBride.

Toss in the other characters constantly calling him on his poo poo and I would watch this.

And I hate Danny McBride's schtick.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

In the original 2D games you have Duke saying he’ll beat up the aliens in time to get home and watch Oprah. There’s definitely room to have fun with the character, it’s just that 3D Realms kinda forgot their own joke.
There's room to have fun with it. And despite being affiliated with WWE, Cena is actually a pretty progressive guy, with decent amounts of clout nowadays. He's probably not going to make some backward garbage.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Danny McBride and want to see him as Duke Nukem.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
My ideal Duke Nukem game/movie would be a sequel about a washed up Duke, going around to lovely small town dive bars, picking up equally washed up chicks with his whole 'Y'know, I used to kick alien rear end'. It's been years since aliens invaded, and his purpose in life is gone. All he has is a new squeeze every week, and stories to get em with.

Then the aliens come back, and Duke tries to force him into the limelight. Except rather than him getting all the glory, a daughter he never knew he had is kicking a hell of a lot more rear end, while being actually funny and likeable. Cue Duke's identity crisis.

Namely, I would want to cumulate in a scene where Duke, who views himself (and is depicted) as he did back in the Duke3D era, has his delusion and identity shattered and finally sees himself as the gross old man he became. Cue him singing 'Hurt' to himself in the mirror.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

SomeJazzyRat posted:

My ideal Duke Nukem game/movie would be a sequel about a washed up Duke, going around to lovely small town dive bars, picking up equally washed up chicks with his whole 'Y'know, I used to kick alien rear end'. It's been years since aliens invaded, and his purpose in life is gone. All he has is a new squeeze every week, and stories to get em with.

Then the aliens come back, and Duke tries to force him into the limelight. Except rather than him getting all the glory, a daughter he never knew he had is kicking a hell of a lot more rear end, while being actually funny and likeable. Cue Duke's identity crisis.

Namely, I would want to cumulate in a scene where Duke, who views himself (and is depicted) as he did back in the Duke3D era, has his delusion and identity shattered and finally sees himself as the gross old man he became. Cue him singing 'Hurt' to himself in the mirror.

Essentially, Ash Vs. Evil Dead, but with aliens and Danny McBride.

I really wish I was a billionaire because I would really want this to happen.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Fuuuuuuuck. This would work so loving well. Especially if McBride got sort of, but not really, in shape.

It does need to have a flashback where Danny McBride is ridiculously ripped and huge thanks to CGI and/or a practical muscle suit.

Oh, some more horrible Sonic not-fanart has been seen in the wild...
https://twitter.com/NoahPasternak/status/1072676458764660738

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 12, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Young Freud posted:

It does need to have a flashback where Danny McBride is ridiculously ripped and huge thanks to CGI and/or a practical muscle suit.

Oh, some more horrible Sonic not-fanart has been seen in the wild...
https://twitter.com/NoahPasternak/status/1072676458764660738

i haven't played a Sonic game since the original Dreamcast Sonic Adventure

so

uh

when did he get the ability to shoot glowing webs out of his rear end in a top hat

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Mirror's Edge but with the "Jim Carrey's Grinch legs" mod installed!

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
That camera must be placed directly on his dick.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Fart City posted:

i haven't played a Sonic game since the original Dreamcast Sonic Adventure

so

uh

when did he get the ability to shoot glowing webs out of his rear end in a top hat

You mean you can't?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Where are his feet planted?

Is he just sailing through mid-air?

Is he on a flying carpet?

Is he a kaiju spanning the entire width of the bridge?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

cool kids inc. posted:

You mean you can't?

I won't say I've never tried.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I dont think I've ever been as hype for a movie trailer as this. I cant wait!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Macksy posted:

I dont think I've ever been as hype for a movie trailer as this. I cant wait!

I hope it plays before Star Wa--oh right lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any talk of a Duke Nukem movie can not exclude the Giant Bomb riff on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX057YAwN0

The whole premise they suggest of everyone loving hating Duke but pretending to like him solely because he's the best at fighting aliens would be something else.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

porfiria posted:

That camera must be placed directly on his dick.

How'd you get ahold of the director's notes?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

If you had told me a week ago that I could be so thoroughly creeped out by Sonic The Hedgehog's calf muscles...

I mean, I woulda been like, probably. But still.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I like Sexual Sonic.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Escalus posted:

...anyway, if Duke Nukem only worked when the character pushed controversy via lowbrow topics, what's left for him to be controversial about in 2019?

Comrade Nukem

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mameluke posted:

Comrade Nukem

MAYBE HE COULD RESPECT ARE TROOPS, UNLIKE THESE LITTLE SNOWFLAKES

In all seriousness, Nukem as the manifestation of the right's perpetual outrage and faux victimhood would work well. Maybe too well.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
There is nothing not to love about the Sonic movie.

If there's one segment of the population I love to watch go absolutely apoplectic, it's Sonic fans

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

And speaking of totally necessary and appropriate for our time video game adaptations:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/duke-nukem-movie-assassins-creed-producer-1203085614/

:suicide:

Assassin's Creed was the most bewilderingly bad movie of the year

wtf was up with that apple

also alot of monotone whispering

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shageletic posted:

Assassin's Creed was the most bewilderingly bad movie of the year

wtf was up with that apple

also alot of monotone whispering

So it was AssCreed1?

"gently caress subtitles" Ubisoft in 2007

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Len posted:

So it was AssCreed1?

"gently caress subtitles" Ubisoft in 2007

It was Ass1 mixed with Ass2 and mathematically produced the cinematic quality equivalent of Ass3

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hahahaha, the Assassin’s Creed movie actually came out? I had no idea.

EDIT: Seriously, I kept reading “Prince of Persia”

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hahahaha, the Assassin’s Creed movie actually came out? I had no idea.

EDIT: Seriously, I kept reading “Prince of Persia”

Yes and it was bad, i only lasted 15 minutes before closing up my player. Im not interested in seeing what i missed.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I... guess I remember seeing posters for it come out and stuff so yeah, I guess it would’ve come out, huh? I could not tell you what month it did for the life of me, though, I’m amazed how thoroughly that passed me by.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Assassin's Creed was actually low key dope as gently caress and directed by the guy who did Snowtown and Macbeth, so it also looks gnarly and beautiful.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Predator vs Santa is going to be a real thing (a stop-motion short, but close enough!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHV_KxA2Sw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

Predator vs Santa is going to be a real thing (a stop-motion short, but close enough!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHV_KxA2Sw

This probably has a better shot at airing on TV this year than Rudolf does.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I fell asleep in the theater during the Assassin's Creed movie.

I almost never fall asleep during movies in theaters.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Last movie I can remember falling asleep while watching in the theater is Michael that movie where John Travolta is an alcoholic angel. It was just so goddamn boring, despite what could have been an interesting premise. Though, in all fairness, I was thirteen and my parents dragged me there.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I fell asleep during 20,000 Days on Earth and woke up for the final concert sequence

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

At least you woke up for that part lol

A friend of mine fell asleep in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 twice.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

I went to see Thor: Ragnarok in theaters with my roommates. They both fell asleep at around the Willy Wonka sequence and woke up for the final battle. One of my roommates watched it again on Netflix and they actually made it through the movie and liked it, so I'm not sure what was going on since we've seen movies at 7:00pm before.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Age of Ultron was the last movie I fell asleep during. Right at the hulkbuster fight.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’ve never fallen asleep but I came close during Spider-Man 3

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

Age of Ultron was the last movie I fell asleep during. Right at the hulkbuster fight.

I watched Age of Ultron all the way through, can't remember a single second of it, and yet something in my brain tells me not to go back and try to watch it again. It's like my mind is trying to protect itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Mine were Jarhead (I was a full-time university student while working at the theater and just came off a shift) and Atomic Blonde (my mom died of pancreatic cancer the evening before and dad had loaned me one of his prescription sleeping pills for that night. It certainly worked, but the drowsy effects carried over to that evening show that he insisted that I go out and distract myself with).