Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Heck yeah! Didn’t have much time tonight but I bought the garage(3.6m). Used a rat loader I already had and upcharged that, hot drat there’s a lot of options. Is there any difference other than aesthetic to the apocalypse/future/exxxtreme versions? I did NOT see an option to change that later or even to downgrade it to stock

The new weapons are neat. I went with the kinetic grenade launcher(goes about 50ft and then FWUMP! there’s an explosion but very little damage. It’ll launch a cop car into the air) Sticky prox mines might be useful in the arena mode? Bounce is bounce, don’t know what lower % does, or rather how much bounce you get at each level
How do you activate the boost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Heck yeah! Didn’t have much time tonight but I bought the garage(3.6m). Used a rat loader I already had and upcharged that, hot drat there’s a lot of options. Is there any difference other than aesthetic to the apocalypse/future/exxxtreme versions? I did NOT see an option to change that later or even to downgrade it to stock

The new weapons are neat. I went with the kinetic grenade launcher(goes about 50ft and then FWUMP! there’s an explosion but very little damage. It’ll launch a cop car into the air) Sticky prox mines might be useful in the arena mode? Bounce is bounce, don’t know what lower % does, or rather how much bounce you get at each level
How do you activate the boost?

Depends on the boost. Shunt boost is RB / R1 + a direction on the stick, normal boost is just RB / R1. Or A / X on the face buttons depending on your handbrake controls.

Scoop front bumpers own. They function the same way as the Phantom Wedge's plow, so you can fling everything you touch hundreds of feet into the air. Good times!

I bought a second Imperator and second Impaler to go with my normal cars. No weapons, no crazy post apocalyptic decorations or spikes, just cool rear end looking cars to cruise in. Shame the the Impaler has to have either the garbage Nightmare upgrade or the Apocalypse upgrade to get the kickass giant rear tires, since I really wanted to do a semi-clean and polished drag Impaler. Ah well.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Powershift posted:

I have 3400 arena points, which equates to at minimum 34 event wins with full lobbies, i'm level 21, and still haven't unlocked a single fuckin trade price on a car. even the lovely $30,000 cars

Also, motorcycles are drat near invincible in some of the events.

This sucks a lot

Btw, is there a way to tell what you’ve unlocked?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

namlosh posted:

This sucks a lot

Btw, is there a way to tell what you’ve unlocked?

It isn't all in one place, but all you're actually unlocking when it comes to car parts is a lower price, and the ability to put it on in a pre-arena event menu. Stuff you haven't unlocked has a pink lock on it, and a high price tag, you can still install it, but it costs a ton of money.

the last level i gained unlocked a loving $10k discount on a $40k t-shirt

Game dumb and bad, cars cool and good. grand theft auto is a game of contrasts.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Lol, just founds out that the unlocks are random, like bunker research.

I looked it up after what you said since I could swear I got the trade price on one of the vehicles already. I did, on the 350z. I’m arena lvl3

I’m not one to complain about free new content on the steely, wheely, automobiley game so I’ll just end this post riiiiiiiiiiight

here

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Boy am I glad I decided against launching this yesterday.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

It's definitely a hot spot in front of the arena for now with vehicles milling around. We had an impromptu demo derby there for a bit, and surprisingly nobody was just using bombs for the easy kills. Surely it won't take long for this to be exploited camping on the roof or flybys on OpMK2's.
I tried to put my weaponed up rat loader in the nightclub but was denied. Once they're upgraded I'm assuming they have to be stored in the arena garage(3x10=30 total?) so in a perfect world there should be 10 upgradable models and you can make an apocalypse garage, a future garage, and a whatever the 3rd is garage.

Poking around, it looks like R* buffed the ramp buggy and phantom wedge by removing the cap on how many vehicles you can ramp before breaking down. Previously was ~30 hits and youd be smoking.

And wheelies are fuckin rad hold handbrake and gas and then let go of the handbrake to launch Ain't nothing like lightin up the Dukes and doing a block long wheelie!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

EMP mines are wonderful

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
did they add enough garage space to fit all the new cars and upgraded versions, or am I going to be doing some selling and rearranging?

I am in the middle of a nightmare move and can't go play shooty car yet

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

did they add enough garage space to fit all the new cars and upgraded versions, or am I going to be doing some selling and rearranging?

I am in the middle of a nightmare move and can't go play shooty car yet

Buying the arena club(or wtf ever its called) starts you with a 10 car garage, and you can buy 2 more floors to it for a total of 30 there. You can park "regular" cars in these spots, but I dont know if you can park upgraded cars in other garages(above, i tried the nightclub and it wouldnt let me)

fakeedit: in theory if you buy the bennys tech and the weapons tech, you should be able to use this as a one-stop garage for everything(barring planes and probably some of the facility things)

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 12, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can't move the bigger cars, but every time i drive the slamvan or 380z out of the garage it warns me that storing it in another garage will cause it to lose it's custom name.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Ah, perhaps the rat loader monster is too big for a normal garage then. Sounds like there are 12 total cars that can upgrade, of course thats not a nice number to fit 36 cars in 30 slots, but if 2 of the models can be stored elsewhere, I'd bet theres a nice 6 car garage in the neighborhood that could take the overflow. Theres only 5 or 6 out now so theres at least a few more weeks to figure it out before crunch time

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Imperator and Impaler can both be stored in personal garages for sure. Not sure about the Scarab, but I'm fairly certain the Issi can be as well.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the arena games aren't great but they're marginally more fun than the neverending opressor mkII clay pigeon shoot called freeroam.

the deathbike (gargoyle) seems to be the clear leader though in terms of actually winning events.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Ramp Buggy and Phantom Wedge are no longer damaged by hitting cars.

Edit: I should read before posting

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 13, 2018

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Poking around, it looks like R* buffed the ramp buggy and phantom wedge by removing the cap on how many vehicles you can ramp before breaking down. Previously was ~30 hits and youd be smoking.

Ok this fuckin rules.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How to level up in the arena:

do death matches/races with 5 people

3 people die immediately, the other 2 go get a snack for 15 minutes
3 dead people play the wheel spin thing in the loser room`

e: i got a notification that i unlocked a pegasus vehicle for leveling up in the arena, i got excited, and checked the list, and it was just called "Taxi", i thought "well, maybe it's some kind of crazy taxi". so i called it in and it was just a red taxi with white walls.

I thought, maybe it's special, it has rockets or something, so i get in it, and it does absolutely loving nothing it's just a taxi

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 13, 2018

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Thank you, Goon who gave me a ride to the arena.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Tips on using shunt boost on keyboard? I've tried X and Left Shift, in combination with A/D, but nothing's happening.

Also, is it me or do the laser guns seem pretty under powered?

I'm amused however that simply running into my car, like on foot, colliding with my car, kills me with the spikes.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

At least some of the new clothing is cool, if disgustingly overpriced.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Haven't gone clothes shopping yet, but drat if this isnt some expensive poo poo! Arena club all decked out, mechanics, extra floors, 3.6m. This didn't seem too out of line from the last things like NIghtclub. Bought a few cars and modded them up. I know I don't strictly need 3 Rat trucks and 3 Gargoyles, one of each theme, but you know. After the upgrades and customizing, I swear my bank is about 20 mil lighter

So there are 7 normal cars you can upgrade to the 3 themes. Once you upgrade there doesnt appear to be a way to change them or go back to standard, fine with that. The other 5 new cars that come pre-modded all seem to be Apocalypse, with no way to change theme. Maybe future drips wlll be these in the other themes? From the leaks it looks like there are a few more that aren't out yet

Def like the EMP grenades best out of the new toys. Sticky and slippy are ok but not too drastic. Spikes sound kinda lame cuz of bulletproof tires. Kinetics are pretty cool but being the default front grenade makes them a little redundant

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?

Powershift posted:

I thought, maybe it's special, it has rockets or something, so i get in it, and it does absolutely loving nothing it's just a taxi

This game is slowly moving closer to doing what modders did within 3 months of it coming out on PC. You can spawn more and more utility vehicles, use crazy costumes, flying cars, overpowered weapons, underwater cars, military vehicles, create a derby, etc. I suppose most of this is logical. Would it have been wise to have all this in the game from the start? QoL improvements, surely yes, but I think the weaponized vehicles have a way of burning people out. I would support removing the MkII & jetpack missiles in freeroam.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 13, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Eregos posted:

This game is slowly moving closer to doing what modders did within 3 months of it coming out on PC. You can spawn more and more utility vehicles, use crazy costumes, flying cars, overpowered weapons, underwater cars, military vehicles, etc. I suppose most of this is logical. Would it have been wise to have all this in the game from the start? QoL improvements, surely yes, but I think the weaponized vehicles have a way of burning people out. I would support removing the MkII & jetpack missiles in freeroam.

Here's a better question. For GTA VI's online, do they take all the cool poo poo away from us and drip feed it back, or start the game out batshit insane on day 1?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GTA following Saints Row would be quite funny.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Powershift posted:

Here's a better question. For GTA VI's online, do they take all the cool poo poo away from us and drip feed it back, or start the game out batshit insane on day 1?

Haha you know the answer to this. It's gonna be like when the Sims shipped a sequel without swimming pools, kids, or hair styles suitable for black Sims.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

:perfect:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powershift posted:

They really have no reason to think the same approach wouldn't make them another couple billion dollars.

As for the pricing, Rockstar hosed up when they unbanned me and gave me back every single GTA$ I'd received from any in-game source since playing from day one on 360. I still can't buy anywhere near everything. lmao

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I have been dropped plenty of $ in the past, but I actually envy those with billions still. I’ve heard ballpark figures of like $258 million for everything right now. Buy it now prices and none of the drip feed and probably a ton of other assumptions I don’t care about. Sounds about right.

I have every Benny’s car and bike and this is a similar update in a lot of ways. Let me tell you, it’s easy to quickly go through a million $ just modding without paying attention.

Shouldn’t have bought all those properties on my second character when they went on sale recently lol

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

namlosh posted:

I’ve heard ballpark figures of like $258 million for everything right now.

I wanna see coupe and powershift's numbers.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Zigmidge posted:

Derp, I didn’t specify. That number was for everything IN THE NEW DLC only.

All the mods and clothes add up

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

best trust fund juggalo simulator ever

edit: oh for this DLC only? for the facility and each of the vehicles(stock or stock+upgrade only, not all the possible customizing) right about 40-50mil

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 13, 2018

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

It's more like a cat simulator. You can buy thousands of toys and every one has more lasers and feathers and crinkly poo poo than the last, but you only play with some of them for a few seconds before falling back to your favorite stupid cardboard box 98% of the time

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And here’s me trying to save up for a buzzard like a peasant

I wish I hadn’t bought that cocaine lab, that was a waste

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It's more like a cat simulator. You can buy thousands of toys and every one has more lasers and feathers and crinkly poo poo than the last, but you only play with some of them for a few seconds before falling back to your favorite stupid cardboard box 98% of the time

My favorite stupid cardboard box is a motorcycle from Tron that lights up when you turn it on. :colbert:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

And here’s me trying to save up for a buzzard like a peasant

I wish I hadn’t bought that cocaine lab, that was a waste

Eh, you could have done worse. It’ll come in handy when you’ve got the nightclub and a couple other businesses.

Before this DLC I was making ~700k / day or so by idling and only actually getting on to sell for the 10-20 minutes that it takes to do that

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

GTA following Saints Row would be quite funny.

I'd pay to go full Neo buck naked over Los Santos

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

namlosh posted:

Derp, I didn’t specify. That number was for everything IN THE NEW DLC only.

All the mods and clothes add up

Jesus Christ, lmao. Rockstar is the only company that can get away with charging $3,225 per DLC.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

SplitSoul posted:

Jesus Christ, lmao. Rockstar is the only company that can get away with charging $3,225 per DLC.

Not just money, but TIME as well lol

quote:

Some Arena War math

So, apparently the max rank is 1000 and to get that you will need 5 million AP, which is about 50000 wins on a lobby with enough players.

Now, lets put this in simple math.

Lets say the average game is 10 minutes (even modes like Carnage can drag on forever if too many people get bikes, but noone brings weaponized ones). Now, lets say it takes 2 minutes for the game to start, plus 1 minute from loading.

13 minutes for each win, which multiplied by 50k gives us 650k minutes, which is about 451 days and 8 hours.

Now, lets say you are a regular human being that sleeps 8 hours a day. That will give us 677 days, IF you play 16 hours STRAIGHT, with no pauses for food or bathroom.

But, if you are the average person that feeds, poops and has a job, family and friends, I'd say you would have 4 hours per day to play, which gives us 2708 days.

2708 days, if you always win, you get no game errors, all lobbies have enough players, dont get any AP from the roulette and NEVER play any other game. Thats about 7 years and a half.

TL;DR: What the gently caress Rockstar.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Not just money, but TIME as well lol
As a programmer I've done this kind of math when I needed to put in a number that would never be reached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

I've actually legitimately earned over 100 million dollars, apparently.