Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

yorkinshire posted:

Didn't Ed helms have a really lovely cbb ep because he was clueless about the characs?

Yes, but I think he was supposed to appear with another guest who knew what CBB was and asked Helms to join. Then that guest dropped but Helms agreed to do the show anyway.

The same thing happened with Seth Rogen. Someone that knew the show better was supposed to be a character with Seth Rogen, and they had to drop the show last minute, so it became a 1 on 1 mostly-sincere interview episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ed Helms was supposed to do the show as himself with Seth Morris (a regular improv partner of Ed's) as the character guest. Ed scheduled the wrong time for the recording, though, and Seth had a limited window to do the show that day, so he got promoted to main guest. Ed arrived at the studio about halfway through and found out he was going to have to do the character guest then and there, which threw him off his game.

Will Forte's CBB appearance was sort of the inverse situation, where it was assumed that he was going to appear as the character guest alongside writer Leo Allen, who he'd worked with at SNL. Either this wasn't properly communicated to Will or he simply forgot, because had no idea that he was supposed to arrive with a character in mind, so they wound up doing a more traditional interview.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There's also the joe cornish ep, who edgar wright pulled on but is awkwardly afraid of improv.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's also the joe cornish ep, who edgar wright pulled on but is awkwardly afraid of improv.

Edgar Wright also did this to Pegg & Frost. He told Scott they'd do characters, and then during the first break informed them that they were expected to do characters. Kind of a funny mean-ish prank that lead to the hilarious Michael Caine vs Sean Connery bit where they changed who played who halfway through.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the new hollywood handbook pro version, sean does an impression of jordan peterson that is just kermit the frog and i laughed a lot

edit: also earwolf won't re-up the boy's contracts

cams fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 12, 2018

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

cams posted:

edit: also earwolf won't re-up the boy's contracts

how do you know this juicy goss

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just hope against hope that they renegotiate their contracts on-mic (assuming they're re-uppped). I know Earwolf probably wouldn't let it happen, but after Sean and Hayes found out that Earwolf's NDA about them not being able to reveal their pay was illegal, it seems like the culmination of all the pay/contract stuff they've been talking about for months, as well as the contractual-obligation nature of the Pro Version.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

feedmyleg posted:

I just hope against hope that they renegotiate their contracts on-mic. I know Earwolf probably wouldn't let it happen, but after Sean and Hayes found out that Earwolf's NDA about them not being able to reveal their pay was illegal, it seems like the culmination.

What episodes / threads cover this stuff?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The most recent Pro episode is the one where they drop the NDA legality bomb, but the contract talk has been a constant over the past couple months. The regular and Pro versions run together in my mind, tbh, so it may be mostly relegated to the Pro Version. The one where they try to reveal how much they make might have been the most recent Scott episode, though?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still remember Scott pushing Gethard into revealing his salary for TCGS on CBB. I'm sure that made him really comfortable (but also good on Geth for making OK money for his show after a million years).

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
If HH really ends I am prepared to pay for #TheFlagrantOnes despite giving absolutely zero shits about the NBA

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still remember Scott pushing Gethard into revealing his salary for TCGS on CBB. I'm sure that made him really comfortable (but also good on Geth for making OK money for his show after a million years).

That was a very consistent in-joke from like Years 1-3 of CBB where Scott was more into anti-humor and would regularly ask how much the person made.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I think most people managed to get out of it easily enough (like when he asks for their home addresses) but poor Geth was kinda stuck in the headlights and just answered. I'm sure it would've been cut if he'd cared that much though.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Good One is a great podcast, and there's a great episode with Maria Bamford where she goes deep in to how much money she makes https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/headgum/good-one-a-podcast-about-jokes/e/51950406?autoplay=true

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ManoliIsFat posted:

Good One is a great podcast, and there's a great episode with Maria Bamford where she goes deep in to how much money she makes https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/headgum/good-one-a-podcast-about-jokes/e/51950406?autoplay=true

Is this hosted by the Good One Robot?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Franchescanado posted:

That was a very consistent in-joke from like Years 1-3 of CBB where Scott was more into anti-humor and would regularly ask how much the person made.

Yeah he would ask what their address is, how much they make, and where they were on the call sheet. The call sheet one was the funniest because of how guarded a few people legitimately were.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well, we all know Human Fish is #1 on the TCGS callsheet.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Is this hosted by the Good One Robot?

i miss professor blastoff

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
It's a testament to the genius of HH that I genuinely can't tell whether all this contract stuff is a bit or not.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Laterite posted:

It's a testament to the genius of HH that I genuinely can't tell whether all this contract stuff is a bit or not.
i mean all they did was ask about when they're getting their contract offer and i made a post so it's not like they said anything crazy

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gethard was uncomfortable, sure, but it's very very on brand for him to be transparent about that. I'm sure he knew it was in-persona to actually answer.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

kuddles posted:

Adam Conover being angrily confronted with "ruinsing my own dick"

I've been giving this show more of a shot when I know the guests, and holy poo poo did this line absolutely kill me. I finally get this fuckin show and it took Adam Conover tricking Sean into ruinsing his own drat dick.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you're not paying 5 bux a month for The Flagrant One's you're missing out!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If you're not paying 5 bux a month for The Flagrant One's you're missing out!

I finally dove in (too) late. It's brilliant.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I finally dove in (too) late. It's brilliant.

This week's episode is like a top ten podcast of all time. Of all podcasts. I couldn't stop laughing the whole drive into work.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This week's episode is like a top ten podcast of all time. Of all podcasts. I couldn't stop laughing the whole drive into work.
i really loved the entire episode of curb your enthusiasm that was within this flagrant ones episode

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

And it's on something called Audioboom......but I see no mentions of Mission to Zyxx anywhere on this forum? How can this be?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cams posted:

i really loved the entire episode of curb your enthusiasm that was within this flagrant ones episode

IT'S SHAKE AND BAKE, LARRY!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

Everyone cracking up at Sean's Ted Danson was just the best.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If y'all have Stitcher Premium The Dream is a pretty good podcast.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

If y'all have Stitcher Premium The Dream is a pretty good podcast.

I listened to the first episode and didn't laugh once.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I didn't think it was supposed to be funny. I did find it to be an interesting look into a scam I never really knew about. Sorry partner!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Big fan of the Busker Scrubs/Zachary Braffary/Donald Fashion/Tim Blake Shelton bit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Excellent Toejam and Earl reference on Flagrant Ones this week as well.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

urinefest 2018 was very fun. i have never really listened to off-book because improvised music makes me anxious, but watching it in person was genuinely impressive. insanely talented. andy daly podcast pilot project was bananas for bonanza 2, which was an hilarious ride.

EARTH SHATTERING DOUGHBOYS SPOILERS THAT WILL SHOCK THE WORLD sarah silverman is doing mcdonalds

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

cams posted:

i have never really listened to off-book because improvised music makes me anxious, but watching it in person was genuinely impressive. insanely talented.

The Off-Books with Scott Auckerman, PFT and the HH boys should make for very easy listens if you like their shows.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Lil Mookie B gets to reprise his Michael Jackson impression in the I4H with Don't Stop of We'll Die. So dumb but makes me laugh so hard.

I also really like Besser's ad reads with his kid.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Off-Books with Scott Auckerman, PFT and the HH boys should make for very easy listens if you like their shows.

Tawny Newsome and Nicole Parker episodes too for good intro shows.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The live one with Taran Killam and the one on YouTube are really good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

reality_groove posted:

Lil Mookie B gets to reprise his Michael Jackson impression in the I4H with Don't Stop of We'll Die. So dumb but makes me laugh so hard.

I also really like Besser's ad reads with his kid.

There was a good bit or two.....but overall......I thought it was a pretty weak episode.