Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gonz posted:

I'd enjoy knowing who killed me and where they are on the map after i'm dead. A split second red blur of their body doesn't really help. Keep getting destroyed by snipers on Arras and Aerodrome and hell if I know where they are afterwards. I feel like this encourages endless camping.

Why not just functionally remove them from the game then, because that's what you're asking?

They shine a 5 megawatt flashlight from their scope when they look down it. The game's done everything they can do to discourage camping (actually have bullet drop to encourage player skill, put massive scope glint into the game, only headshots 1-hit kill, if Support can get MMG fire on their position it makes them worthless, spotting them and having a bomber/fighter strafe them or a tank shoot their position, just loving blowing up the building they're in). Try outplaying them, it's very satisfying when you pin a Sniper as a Support and your Recon guy counter-snipes them, or as a Medic popping a smoke grenade and letting everyone reposition somewhere else while they sit there helpless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Why not just functionally remove them from the game then

now you're on the trolley

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

RCarr posted:

The GAMEPLAY was amazing. There definitely was problems and bugs but actually shooting mans was fun as hell. I can deal with not being able to quit to the menu or not being able to squad up with buddies when the game is still fun as hell when I’m playing by myself. That isn’t the case with BFV. And the fact that DICE actually came out and said “yea we acknowledge there’s a problem with visually identifying enemy players in our game and we are working to fix it”, should put to rest your claim that it’s just anecdotal.

:same:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol that companion isn't functional with the new game either

love 2 reinvent the wheel

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Why not just functionally remove them from the game then, because that's what you're asking?

They shine a 5 megawatt flashlight from their scope when they look down it. The game's done everything they can do to discourage camping (actually have bullet drop to encourage player skill, put massive scope glint into the game, only headshots 1-hit kill, if Support can get MMG fire on their position it makes them worthless, spotting them and having a bomber/fighter strafe them or a tank shoot their position, just loving blowing up the building they're in). Try outplaying them, it's very satisfying when you pin a Sniper as a Support and your Recon guy counter-snipes them, or as a Medic popping a smoke grenade and letting everyone reposition somewhere else while they sit there helpless.

No, I mean, there were several instances last night on Aerodrome where I was getting sniped as I was walking out of my team's primary initial spawnpoint and I didn't get a chance to see any glint or anything. And then it just sort of shows a red glob a half mile away with no specificity.

In every other BF game, when I died, I knew who killed me and where to go to put an end to them. Sometimes i'd get there and sometimes I wouldn't, but it was nice to have a post-death camera showing me where my killer(s) was/were. I enjoyed sniping in BF1. Most of the time, i'd carefully snipe people out of the gun carriages in the behemoth blimp when it showed up. But getting sniped as i'm trying to move 20 feet forward after I spawn and then the game showing who killed me for 2 seconds through a glaucoma and vasoline smeared lens is kind of a dick move.

And you know as well as I do that pubbies don't give a gently caress about concepts like flanking or countersniping. All they're interested in is running up the middle and turning every map into a bottlenecked stalemate where nothing gets accomplished.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 12, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Gonz posted:

No, I mean, there were several instances last night on Aerodrome where I was getting sniped as I was walking out of my team's primary initial spawnpoint and I didn't get a chance to see any glint or anything. And then it just sort of shows a red glob a half mile away with no specificity.

In every other BF game, when I died, I knew who killed me and where to go to put an end to them. Sometimes i'd get there and sometimes I wouldn't, but it was nice to have a post-death camera showing me where my killer(s) was/were. I enjoyed sniping in BF1. Most of the time, i'd carefully snipe people out of the gun carriages in the behemoth blimp when it showed up. But getting sniped as i'm trying to move 20 feet forward after I spawn and then the game showing who killed me for 2 seconds through a glaucoma and vasoline smeared lens is kind of a dick move.

A better kill cam is not going to fix that. You could throw a giant gently caress off "Sniper is here" arrow in the kill cam and people will still do it.

If you're getting sniped from your spawn your team has bigger fish to fry than riding across the map to kill a sniper.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

RCarr posted:

The GAMEPLAY was amazing. There definitely was problems and bugs but actually shooting mans was fun as hell. I can deal with not being able to quit to the menu or not being able to squad up with buddies when the game is still fun as hell when I’m playing by myself. That isn’t the case with BFV. And the fact that DICE actually came out and said “yea we acknowledge there’s a problem with visually identifying enemy players in our game and we are working to fix it”, should put to rest your claim that it’s just anecdotal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Beastie posted:

If you're getting sniped from your spawn your team has bigger fish to fry than riding across the map to kill a sniper.

Oh trust me, I know. I don't experience such horrendous poo poo when i'm playing with friends and all of us are in voicechat together. But there's a 50% chance that every server I join, it's going to put me on a team where everyone is far too interested in gathering at 1 objective and ignoring everything else because "MUH K/D RATIO!".

When Battlefield is played with teamwork in mind, it's so much fun. And that's been the case in every single game in the series, going back 16 years. But when it turns into "meatgrinder hallway (feat. stationary machineguns)", it's the absolute worst.

Yeah, just keep hurling yourselves into the maelstrom of bullet fire, dummies. That'll definitely help us get past them and to other objectives.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
part of that speaks to map design that can't be fixed with tweaks to game mechanics, and frankly to emergent ways players do things on said maps so it's hard to control for

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lol that companion isn't functional with the new game either

love 2 reinvent the wheel

Let me look at video game numbers when I’m at work :argh:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

part of that speaks to map design that can't be fixed with tweaks to game mechanics, and frankly to emergent ways players do things on said maps so it's hard to control for

That is also true. But the other worst possible feeling I get in BF games in general is when one team has simply got all their poo poo together, and most of the team i'm on gives up on trying to rush anything to try and take it, so instead, they fall back to their main spawn and turn into snipers taking meaningless potshots for the rest of the round, and you lose by 300-400 points because God forbid you die in a videogame!. Gotta save all those limited respawns for the next map! Respawns are limited! (Or so many people think)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gonz posted:

That is also true. But the other worst possible feeling I get in BF games in general is when one team has simply got all their poo poo together, and most of the team i'm on gives up on trying to rush anything to try and take it, so instead, they fall back to their main spawn and turn into snipers taking meaningless potshots for the rest of the round, and you lose by 300-400 points because God forbid you die in a videogame!. Gotta save all those limited respawns for the next map! Respawns are limited! (Or so many people think)

yeah lol anyone who's spent more than 30 seconds with me in a game (especially on defense in whatever mode) will read this and chuckle softly at thoughts of the GunPoop Charge

e: I actually think two goons I hadn't played with before literally said out loud "holy poo poo you're way up there" or something like that

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Feel like this just leads to a dead support because suppression doesn't seem to actually do anything anymore.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

yellowcar posted:

dice devs publicly mocking the chuds

lol dice owns now

loving corporate cowards. Bold enough to use identity politics to sell more sdk units. Too cowards to put a actual Swastica in their game with nazis.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tei posted:

loving corporate cowards. Bold enough to use identity politics to sell more sdk units. Too cowards to put a actual Swastica in their game with nazis.

You're real mad about video games

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Feel like this just leads to a dead support because suppression doesn't seem to actually do anything anymore.

It does, but it's because a different Recon/Assault guy sees a laser stream of tracers coming out of your MMG and follows it back to your head. But getting suppressed supposedly makes your aim less accurate (that's what I've been told by a Recon squaddie, as I've never actually been suppressed!)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Videogames are fine. Clown politics by corporations is just noise. They are using identity politics to make a profit, and they do it in a clumsy way, helping nobody.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Tei posted:

Videogames are fine. Clown politics by corporations is just noise. They are using identity politics to make a profit.

Help me out here, it's ok if they put women and minorities into places they normally wouldn't be if...they include swastikas? Just trying to figure out what's the deal, "identity politics" like "political correctness" is a phrase that doesn't really mean anything anymore.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Tei posted:

Videogames are fine. Clown politics by corporations is just noise. They are using identity politics to make a profit, and they do it in a clumsy way, helping nobody.

Sorry they pissed on your fedora.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Tei posted:

Who cares it's a swastika

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hot Diggity! posted:

No, I kinda feel like theres a bit of a poi t to be had there

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ecavalli posted:

Sorry they pissed on your fedora.

*adjust fedora* thanks m'lady / sir

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah lol anyone who's spent more than 30 seconds with me in a game (especially on defense in whatever mode) will read this and chuckle softly at thoughts of the GunPoop Charge

e: I actually think two goons I hadn't played with before literally said out loud "holy poo poo you're way up there" or something like that

I'm the same way. I will gladly finish a round with a K/D of 15 kills and 30 deaths if it means we won the map. And because I play the Objectives in addition to shooting at people and reviving/resupplying them, i'll usually end up in the top 10 for points every time because while it's definitely important to get kills in a multiplayer FPS game, it's also very important to do what each mode asks of you to create that winning condition.

I think when I stopped playing BF4 when BF1 came out, my total KDR was something like 26,000 kills and 27,000 deaths but I had a poo poo ton of wins, captures and assists and something like 7,500 jihad jeep C4 kills. I give no fucks. I will keep coming like a Terminator robot every single time until the round is complete.

In BF1 for the PS4, I ended up Top 100 on the planet for shotgun kills, because I was always the guy to run into a house first, or charge into a ditch or a trench and empty the place out.

EDIT: That said, I am loving the poo poo out of the 12G automatic shotgun. It's somehow even deadlier than the BF1 version, especially at medium range.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 13, 2018

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hot Diggity! posted:

tei is a markov chain generator filtered through a spanish to english text translator

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

It does, but it's because a different Recon/Assault guy sees a laser stream of tracers coming out of your MMG and follows it back to your head. But getting suppressed supposedly makes your aim less accurate (that's what I've been told by a Recon squaddie, as I've never actually been suppressed!)

I'm under the impression they took that out for BFV and replaced it with some minor audio-visual fuckery that isn't very distinguishable from the rest of the chaos going on.

Also its Tei being Tei.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Der Waffle Mous posted:

It's a guaranteed support death most of the time. With MMG recoil and accuracy you rely on luck to not get killed by a half-decent sniper. Lewis gun with bullet speed, both recoil upgrades and 3x scope is your best bet for really long ranges.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tei posted:

Tei posted:

:eyepop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is me attacking a tank with a bayonettte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQX41nT0PNg

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I thought this was the PC thread then I saw Tei. I see he's just as bizarre here as he was in the F76 thread. Btw he farmed water at 1xp at a time to grind levels. Just so you know who you're dealing with.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Speaking of bayonetes, are there any guns in this game that have them? I so desperately miss those kills from the last game. I know there wasn't a lot of focus on bayonetes in WWII, but it'd be nice if there was at least one gun that allowed me to scratch that itch in BF5.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

I thought this was the PC thread then I saw Tei. I see he's just as bizarre here as he was in the F76 thread. Btw he farmed water at 1xp at a time to grind levels. Just so you know who you're dealing with.

I never did that.

Anyway, If I have offended anyone here, I apologize.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Tei posted:

I never did that.

Anyway, If I have offended anyone here, I apologize.

The only offensive thing you have done is play Fallout 76.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

The only offensive thing you have done is play Fallout 76.

Why would anybody play Fallout 76? Did they lose a bet or something?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Gonz posted:

Speaking of bayonetes, are there any guns in this game that have them? I so desperately miss those kills from the last game. I know there wasn't a lot of focus on bayonetes in WWII, but it'd be nice if there was at least one gun that allowed me to scratch that itch in BF5.

I'm just assuming for the rest of the bolt-actions but the Enfield absolutely does.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Gonz posted:

I know a few of the assault class guns can be spec'd to sport a bayonetta

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Gonz posted:

Why would anybody play Fallout 76? Did they lose a bet or something?

You should just take a gander in the thread where Tei defends the game to his core for hundreds of pages, it’s pretty disgusting.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

My favorite gun is dynamite

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My favorite gun is the flare.

Another tank video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04lLI8593g

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 13, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rad Valtar posted:

You should just take a gander in the thread where Tei defends the game to his core for hundreds of pages, it’s pretty disgusting.

Who cares? Let people enjoy things. Tei posted their reasons for liking it in the PS4 thread and they were reasonable. It’s not ~disgusting~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Hot Diggity! posted:

My favorite gun is dynamite

Biggest flaw with BFV is I can’t stick an enemy with a syringe.