Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Samuringa posted:

If a promiscuous cartoon dog is what it takes for people to be more open about their sexual preferences and safe sex, then so be it
Raine Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I loathe you for reminding me of this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hate when someone links one of these videos cause I can't stop myself from watching them all.

I like this one and the Fatal Fury out of bounds videos following it the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Goddammit I'm getting Fair US anti-immigration videos on my PS4 youtube get this poo poo outta here fuuuuuck!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

al-azad posted:

Goddammit I'm getting Fair US anti-immigration videos on my PS4 youtube get this poo poo outta here fuuuuuck!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait I lied I like this one the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRqXcOj8K4

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hard Gay is awesome.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Waluigi has no place in Smash, or anywhere for that matter, I'm glad Joker stole his invitation and now Waluigi is forced to be homeless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MAHERL MAHERL MAHERL MAHERL

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is there a reason that the Playstation community forums always seem to be dead/56k slow when nothing else on my rig is affected? Is this normal for that site?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hate when someone links one of these videos cause I can't stop myself from watching them all.
I watched all the Legends of Game and now Im working my way through this series. Very good time but I should probably be focusing more on this giant book on project management so I can get a promotion instead of watching funny gaming clips on the company dime.

I said come in! posted:

I just discovered this game, Lapis x Labyrinth and I am really excited for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxnB92l9ryY I guess it's out in Japan now? I am not sure if the Japanese version has english text, but the American version comes out next year.
looks inscrutable but I kind of love it. I hope they put out a demo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh god dammit

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"RAZORCRYPTO" he murmurs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

C-Euro posted:

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"RAZORCRYPTO" he murmurs

This reminds me of that It's Free Real Estate meme for some reason.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I've never played an Animal Crossing game but isn't Isabelle an adult

I mean all the animal crossing characters are homeowners living by themselves so they'd have to all be like 20+

Maybe nook is dealing with debt for teenagers on the side or something, but

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I said come in! posted:

This reminds me of that It's Free Real Estate meme for some reason.

Possibly because it is like store credit, but worse.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this playstation sale is really good, if you're into vita otome games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

isabelle is a grown woman with a 9-to-5 and what she does on her free time is none of my business

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

this playstation sale is really good, if you're into vita otome games

hell i am give me the gay poo poo recommendations

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The problem isn't so much that people see videos for awful things and then compulsively find themselves watching them; we're adults here, and can not click on videos when they're repugnant. Rather, the problem is what this says about "gamer culture," that there is enough overlap of people watching gamer videos and neonazis that google's algorithms think if you like one, you will like the other. This is compounded by the fact that google is, of course, compiling a database on you that it sells to anyone who is curious, so even if you never click anything like that, you're on record for anyone who cares to access the data that you are high probability in the middle of that Venn diagram.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I don't give a poo poo about that, I just care about curating my recommendations to stop showing me that Nazi crap, and using that liberally cuts way down on feed clog

Like yeah 'gamers' are mostly white supremacist and misogynist incel trash but I just wanna see some videos without being asked to watch fatbodies screaming their allegiance to Hitler

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Black August posted:

I don't give a poo poo about that, I just care about curating my recommendations to stop showing me that Nazi crap, and using that liberally cuts way down on feed clog

Like yeah 'gamers' are mostly white supremacist and misogynist incel trash but I just wanna see some videos without being asked to watch fatbodies screaming their allegiance to Hitler

Just never look at the recommendations, I certainly don't

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

isabelle is a grown woman with a 9-to-5 and what she does on her free time is none of my business

she has already definitively proven that she can beat me in a fight so i wouldn't want to impose

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Barudak posted:

I loathe you for reminding me of this.

the artist now writes a popular children's series about a girl who's friends with a unicorn and seems to be doing a lot better now

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Andrast posted:

Just never look at the recommendations, I certainly don't

I want them to not exist in my recommendations period. Using that option erases them, and stops similar ones from showing up. It's worked great. It's basically a secret option to tell the algorithm to get hosed.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Black August posted:

I want them to not exist in my recommendations period. Using that option erases them, and stops similar ones from showing up. It's worked great. It's basically a secret option to tell the algorithm to get hosed.

I can't tell youtube on PS4 to stop showing me ads and they'll show whatever people paid for whether it's targeted to your taste or not.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

al-azad posted:

I can't tell youtube on PS4 to stop showing me ads and they'll show whatever people paid for whether it's targeted to your taste or not.

Well, then I'm sorry. I couldn't stand Youtube without uBlock or the video erasure.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Can't you skip all youtube ads after 5 seconds? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me when I occasionally watch youtube stuff on a tablet.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Andrast posted:

Can't you skip all youtube ads after 5 seconds? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me when I occasionally watch youtube stuff on a tablet.

This used to be a universal rule but I noticed about a month ago (yeah, about a week before the midterms tbh) you can no longer skip videos less than 15 seconds. So you'll get the odd 90 second promo or, one of the weirdest cases, someone's 90 minute podcast but all the right wing videos (and it's always right wing videos) are less than 15 seconds. So now I'm seeing unskippable anti-immigration videos on the night where this hell government is ramping up Vietnamese deportations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

I regret googling this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

James Woods Fan posted:

I regret googling this

I googled this and ooh god I remember this webcomic now. There was a gbs thread about it years ago. It's basically about a person having sex with their dog.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I googled this and ooh god I remember this webcomic now. There was a gbs thread about it years ago. It's basically about a person having sex with their dog.

And now they write... children's books.

Great!!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yes but do they have a YouTube channel that discusses their politics?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
How does this happen? How does this keep happening?

https://youtu.be/Loh7C-forHU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mutata posted:

Yes but do they have a YouTube channel that discusses their politics?

Don't know what the dogfucking is an allegory for, but I can imagine it's intensely political and likely has 70 blog posts about it somewhere.

Propaganda Hour posted:

what

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Isabelle has a very cute Nendoroid and I want it for Christmas.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Propaganda Hour posted:

Dude she’s gone real downhill last I saw her was doing a concert for the pyramid scam Lularoe conference

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What's wrong with Lularoe? I had a family member that was a consultant and she only stopped doing it because she got too busy.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

What's wrong with Lularoe? I had a family member that was a consultant and she only stopped doing it because she got too busy.

It’s a multi level marketing (aka pyramid scheme) scam. It’s also one of the most notorious for how awful it is. Bloomberg did a really good piece on it recently: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-04-27/thousands-of-women-say-lularoe-s-legging-empire-is-a-scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Black August posted:

Don't know what the dogfucking is an allegory for, but I can imagine it's intensely political and likely has 70 blog posts about it somewhere.

It's a very, very, very, very bad trans allegory.

The writer now makes an actual printed-in-newspapers comic strip about unicorns, and it is pretty wonderful. :3:

She learned very well from that blue tinted mistake.