Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I've seen a lot of "youtube" couples and whenever I look at them I can't help but image anything else but the fights they get into over gaining viewers and statistics. That seems so bleak and depressing I don't know why anyone would put their relationship through that.

It gets even darker if there are kids involved. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Furia posted:

Needs a red arrow pointing towards the snowman

And 2 random emojis

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

One random emoji. The other has to be that goddamn laugh/cry emoji.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

That's the exact same face I make when writing javascript.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

One random emoji. The other has to be that goddamn laugh/cry emoji.

I was actually thinking the shocked/spooked emoji would be the “default” emoji

Honestly it’s a wonderfully made thumbnail for what it wants to do. If you look at the top you see “$1000?” and if you look at either side you see the idiot or the rear end in a top hat (which is which is subjective to the reader), and both of these guide to the the center piece at the top, which guides to the other face. All it needs is something at the bottom to go from the second face and guide back to the first face and you have a perfectly distracting loop that you can never quite see in one go

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

man i will tell you, when i am searching for a javascript tutorial video, the one thing i want to know is, what does the guy giving the tutorial look like

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Furia posted:

I was actually thinking the shocked/spooked emoji would be the “default” emoji

You’re not wrong; in context, it’s totally apropos. I just think that stupid loving laughcry emoji is way overused so of course they’ll use it in a thumbnail.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Is that lady photoshopped in?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Telebite posted:

man i will tell you, when i am searching for a javascript tutorial video, the one thing i want to know is, what does the guy giving the tutorial look like

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I've seen enough "terrible Doom WAD that are also known as Terry WADs" videos to know that horrible things happen to the player seconds later. Textures of a face set to Tile is a Terry trademark.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 12, 2018

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Yep that's the javascript face

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Linux Pirate posted:

It gets even darker if there are kids involved. :smith:

I recognized him and guess what

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Ughhhhhhhhh

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Picnic Princess posted:

Someone should attach the fortnight wife beating clip to the last part of the timeline.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

fortnight wife beating clip

excuse me?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Furia posted:

excuse me?

A fortnite streamer left his mic on and it picked up him beating and harassing his wife and he was arrested, which goes to show that most people who stream are garbage people.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh hey it’s the “Try Guys” the originators of my least favorite YouTube thumbnail of all time

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Those absurd animal videos are infiltrating a photography group I'm in

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

Those absurd animal videos are infiltrating a photography group I'm in

Is this the new version of those creepy algorithm-generated kids videos

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Augus posted:

BIG STRONG Lion Rhino fight MASSIVE Hit Wild Animals African Grizzly Tough BITE Tiger Incredible POWER To the Death AMAZING Gator

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Augus posted:

Nah, they're just updating Gorilla Fights with some new content.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

Oh hey it’s the “Try Guys” the originators of my least favorite YouTube thumbnail of all time

I swear to god this thread is doing something to my Youtube recs because there's been like 5 times I've seen something in here and then it was in my recommendations right after. And I'm not even clicking on anything, just looking at thumbnails. Wtf

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

YouTube algorithm always promotes the popular channels if you watch anything even remotely related to them.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I swear to god this thread is doing something to my Youtube recs because there's been like 5 times I've seen something in here and then it was in my recommendations right after. And I'm not even clicking on anything, just looking at thumbnails. Wtf

Yeah it does that, I am getting videos posted in this thread that would of never been recommended to me otherwise.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The algorithm sees all.

A week or so ago I off-handedly mentioned Mount & Blade in a thread and just an hour later my recs were filled with Mount & Blade videos, despite that being the only time I've even thought of the game in the last three years. The tutorial-with-coder-face image I posted appeared for me just after the javascript one was posted in this thread.

The machine knows more about you than you ever could.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't hotlink images from youtube, it probably counts viewing the thumbnail as getting linked to the video or something.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Clear your loving cookies and browser data you idiots

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Don't hotlink images from youtube, it probably counts viewing the thumbnail as getting linked to the video or something.
Alternatively, always hotlink images from youtube if it counts viewing the thumbnail as getting linked to the video :madmax:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furia posted:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Furia posted:

No

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol I bet anything the people complaining about their YouTube recs are using chrome

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Julius CSAR posted:

Keith and Eugene are the best.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Furia posted:

See this is why I always used Incognito (and once I switched to firefox, inPrivate)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol I bet anything the people complaining about their YouTube recs are using chrome

Yeah. Wasn't actually a problem for me on Opera.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

I was legit planning on dropping tons of Caillou Gets Grounded thumbnails and other such fare.

Seriously there are thousands and thousands of those videos???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS