Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Expected reaction from this editorial : Bloody judges censoring our hard working journos

Actual reaction : Just tell me what it is you stupid journo c*nt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

Expected reaction from this editorial : Bloody judges censoring our hard working journos

Actual reaction : Just tell me what it is you stupid journo c*nt

As a subscriber I deserve the RIGHT....

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Help people are calling me up and accusing me on censorship of the free press all day.

"Sir this is the classifieds, i can help you sell a boat if you want"

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
PM announceda Commonwealth integrity Commission, which i guess is different to a national integrity Commission, the bill that's actually before the house

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
These are the recommendations of the Ruddock Review (sorry for not inlining them, on mobile etc)

https://twitter.com/0DanSmith/status/1073009850186121216?s=19

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Flip flop Scott

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anidav posted:

Help people are calling me up and accusing me on censorship of the free press all day.

you deserve everything you get working for the company selling 'news' to these people

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-13/scott-morrison-creates-federal-integrity-commission/10614658

quote:

Speaking today, Mr Morrison said it was crucial the public had confidence in Commonwealth employees and agencies.

The new commission will have two divisions — a law enforcement integrity division and a public sector integrity division.

"We have looked at all the alternatives and we believe that this is the best way to achieve this, the most sensible, measured, carefully considered way to address these issues," Mr Morrison said.
Does this mean it doesn't cover MPs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Resident Idiot posted:

These are the recommendations of the Ruddock Review (sorry for not inlining them, on mobile etc)

https://twitter.com/0DanSmith/status/1073009850186121216?s=19

lol so Scott Morrison is going to take to an election that the pedophile churches should be able to expel gay students just cause. :bravo:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
tbh it doesnt make sense for an integrity commission to have power over government mps, they have the voters trust and that should be enough

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/Picketer/status/1073018273623531520?s=19

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/SquigglyRick/status/1072801069497905152

Seems hosed tbh

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Reclines Obesily posted:

tbh it doesnt make sense for an integrity commission to have power over government mps, they have the voters trust and that should be enough

fuckin lol.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Of course the Libs want it toothless as possible. They have learnt their lessons from setting up the NSW ICAC

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Surprised they didn't set up the terms to be exclusively only able to investigate unions and the ALP. Of course the public sector one is just to get leakers really.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Reclines Obesily posted:

Source your quotes.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-13/australias-secret-backing-for-nations-fighting-bloody-yemen-war/10600912

quote:

The Australian Government has approved the export of dozens of shipments of military items to Middle Eastern countries embroiled in the bloody Yemen war, a conflict dogged by accusations of war crimes and indiscriminate civilian killings.

Internal Defence Department documents obtained under Freedom of Information (FOI) and from parliamentary hearings reveal since the beginning of 2016, Canberra has granted at least 37 export permits for military-related items to the United Arab Emirates, and 20 to Saudi Arabia.
They are the two countries leading a coalition fighting a war against Houthi rebels in the Middle East's poorest nation, Yemen.
The four-year war in Yemen has killed tens of thousands and an air-and-sea embargo has led to more than 85,000 Yemeni children under five dying from hunger, according to one children's agency.
Australia's burgeoning exports to the UAE and Saudi Arabia may be connected to a plan announced by then-Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in January to drastically increase defence sales over the next decade.
Australia will spend $200 million between now and 2028 in order to make Australia the 10th-largest arms exporter in the world. It is currently the 20th largest.
The strategy states the Middle East is a "priority market" for defence exports.
I guess it's not a surprise that weapons exports are used to kill people. I was under the mistaken impression we weren't directly complicit in this

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lol. We want to use booze and gambling as an excuse to shovel money to our mates who run this card scam. Oh poo poo, our mates who run the booze and gambling scams are mad, um poo poo... wait. I'VE GOT IT!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
The goal is to gently caress the poor, and all this is doing is making the next ACA scabs drinking on are tax dollars story down from two locations to one.

Feature, not bug etc.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Don't some towns basically only have a pub as a building that is somewhat secure, open long hours and also functions like a hub?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Some towns literally only have a pub

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Those towns aren't Bundaberg though

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

if only we could just give them loving cash. if only that were possible

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bell jar posted:

if only we could just give them loving cash. if only that were possible

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They'd buy things I buy with it and that's not on.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

It'll be fun watching the Libs try and cook up a religious discrimination act which still allows for Pauline+friends to poo poo all over Islam.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

It'll be fun watching the Libs try and cook up a religious discrimination act which still allows for Pauline+friends to poo poo all over Islam.

I genuinely thought they’d shelve the idea as soon as someone said “um, you know this will apply to muslims too right?”

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

Don't some towns basically only have a pub as a building that is somewhat secure, open long hours and also functions like a hub?

Yes.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

The Fair Dinkum Clause

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snoremac posted:

The Fair Dinkum Clause

The Dinky-Di Far Dinkum Pub Test Mateship Clause

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
... thanks?

https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/1073008367608549376

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:krakken: RELEASE THE KRAKKEN :krakken:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

:krakken: RELEASE THE KRAKKKEN :krakken:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

:krakken: RELEASE THE KRAKKKKEN :krakken:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

:krakken: RELEASE THE KRAKKEN :krakken:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i thought i was in the cursed images thread for a second

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

bowmore posted:

i thought i was in the cursed images thread for a second

I mean you are,

It just happens to occasionally have words about Auspol too.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Remember when Tony Abbott went on Big Brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

did he shower naked or did he wear speedos