Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

why is the keyboard not painted to look like a guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

All my chords sound perfect now. tnx
I know this was days ago but this was really funny.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

To be fair that is a lot less money than an unmolested 70s Destroyer goes for so at least they don't have illusions about added value.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

prefect posted:

Maybe not completely on-topic, but the way the tweet is written cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/Loudwire/status/1072505165842997251
https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1072970555236732931

It just keeps getting better :eyepop:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good god almighty.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Pat O’Brien is mostly known for playing bizarre death metal licks insanely fast, lifting weights and owning a shitload of guns so honestly meth/coke seems like the logical final piece of that puzzle. They just announced another tour too, wonder who the fill-in will be (don’t say jack owen)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's a sorta famous bar here in New Orleans called Pat O'Brien's (home of the Hurricane), so whenever I hear that name I just think of the bar (even though I'm sure there's no relation).

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvOfQ9svmPU

Relevant: This is my favorite thing in the world. Corpsegrinder owns.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

All metal musicians are dorks, and George is the biggest dork of them all.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bill Withers is underrated.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
How to murder that stupid bitch Pauline:

Equip the following 3 support spirits:

1. Cupid (equips laser staff)
2. Pocket Football Player (strengthens shooting items)
3. Chozo Statue (strengthens shooting items)

Steps:

1. Shoot that bitch from across the scree with about 3 blasts to send her straight to hell.

Optional:

2. Before you kill her, softly whisper into her ear that you're going to murder her entire family next, wiping her seed from the face of the earth forever.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

GreatGreen posted:

Steps:

1. Shoot that bitch from across the scree with about 3 blasts to send her straight to hell.

Optional:

2. Before you kill her, softly whisper into her ear that you're going to murder her entire family next, wiping her seed from the face of the earth forever.

Being really angry at a Smash Brothers (?) character: the stupidest music poo poo of all

Alternately, GreatGreen is the lead singer of WITCHROT and Pauline is the cheating girlfriend, in which case all is justified and forgiven

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

This needs to be a movie so bad.

Edit: This dude trying to survive the rapture with flamethrowers.

Or maybe he does survive and ends up in heaven with the flamethowers?

See, we even got sequels lined up. And they already have the soundtrack down.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvOfQ9svmPU

Relevant: This is my favorite thing in the world. Corpsegrinder owns.

So loving good. I'll never get sick of jokes about corpsegrinder's neck.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I never would have thought that Pat O'Brien lived on the same nice, quiet road as a friend I had in college, nor that any house there would have been a giant ammunition stockpile. I'll have to pass through next time I'm over that way to see if I can get a look at the wreckage.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GreatGreen posted:

Steps:

Optional:

Hahahah, I just posted in the Smash Bros. thread and wondered how I misclicked back into it when I tried to go to the Stupid Music poo poo thread. I was so loving confused for a quick second.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

field balm posted:

So loving good. I'll never get sick of jokes about corpsegrinder's neck.

The Neck is my absolute favorite thing in metal.

In life.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

those two pics look like that thing where you mirror both sides of their face

https://imgur.com/PgKlGcT

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/threatin-metal-tour-fake-ticket-sales-hoax-767580/

Threatin has broken his silence with an interview, going all-in on the puppetmaster defense. If only he had paid his backing band better, I would kind of respect the audacity of it all. Apparently, he blew most of his life's savings on this stunt.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 15, 2018

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SimonChris posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/threatin-metal-tour-fake-ticket-sales-hoax-767580/

Threatin has broken his silence with an interview, going all-in on the puppetmaster defense. If only he had paid his backing band better, I would kind of respect the audacity of it all. Apparently, he blew most of life's savings on this stunt.

This is the most pathetic poo poo, lol

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

SimonChris posted:

Threatin has broken his silence with an interview, going all-in on the puppetmaster defense. If only he had paid his backing band better, I would kind of respect the audacity of it all. Apparently, he blew most of his life's savings on this stunt.

He's not wrong in that the entire industry is all about smoke and mirrors and pumping yourself up, but he's missed a few tricks.

Fake likes are laughable these days because the first thing anyone in the industry does is check out the likes per post - if you have 25k fans on your page but only regularly get 50 likes and two comments on each post then you're buying.

The tour was just a waste of savings. I assume his gameplan was to privately book a bunch of reputable overseas venues by telling them he was a somebody, quietly play to nobody, and then come back to the US and start promoting himself as selling out the previous UK tour to get himself up into bigger venues. Wouldn't surprise me if that Porta Rica show they mention was booked on the same principle.

Pre Facebook ubiquity it would probably have worked (and he definitely wouldn't have been the first name act to springboard off something like that) but I guess he didn't account for the venues having enough social clout to rat him out. It's a small industry so promoters talk and Underworld is a reputable enough venue that people listen - it'd be different if he'd booked the Dog and Bollock out in Backend, Nowhereshire but he actually popped up on a promoters blacklist group immediately after the first show and then snowballed.

Definitely got his name out there and if he spins it right might even work out for him eventually, in a culty kind of way. I know a few people that would definitely book him next time as long as he paid up front.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Today in the Wampler fb group, getting really mad about Cannibal Corpse existing!

Some highlights:

Pat O’Brien received karma due to their horrible violent lyrics

An own the libs/okay symbol in profile pic dude saying that he stopped listening to this kind of music because it’s unhealthy

Milquetoast guitarists saying that there’s no thought or talent behind the music

Complete dipshits saying that they’ve never heard of the band / cannibal corpse is a deathcore band and that pat probably owns a “djent stick”

lmao

The people in the group are so loving DULL I really should just leave.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's almost verbatim what i expect from something called the wampler pedals facebook group

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jason Wilding, Wampler group moderator, is a huge piece of poo poo. You should tell him so. I do.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I know :negative:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Jason Wilding, Wampler group moderator, is a huge piece of poo poo. You should tell him so. I do.

Wait, really? I’ve talked with him a few times and thought he was a really good dude.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
on wampler's facebook they have a post a pic of yourself thread and it's the least surprising thing ever

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

I know :negative:

Wait, really? I’ve talked with him a few times and thought he was a really good dude.

He allows that poo poo to fly and is incredibly cavalier about sexism, homophobia and general chud-ery. Big reason why is that he is one of them. Also, Brian Wampler's "golly gee gosh I had no idea this was going on we do the best we can" pegs him as either a rube, a huge rear end in a top hat or both. You can't say you didn't know when it keeps happening.

edit: the other option, and probably the correct one, is that Wampler is your garden variety craven capitalist. In a group I'm in for pedal builders business owners Brian mentioned how, unlike other builders, he never calls out others for ripping off others. He specifically said he would never call out Josh Scott because it'd be bad for business.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 15, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

See that’s not my take on Jason at all. He seems to be good about trying to prevent that stuff and make the community a little less toxic. I guess I could be wrong though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

See that’s not my take on Jason at all. He seems to be good about trying to prevent that stuff and make the community a little less toxic. I guess I could be wrong though.

He was super awesome during the peak of #MeToo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He was super awesome during the peak of #MeToo.

Shovel the got dang dirt on me my dude I need the drama knowledge

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

Shovel the got dang dirt on me my dude I need the drama knowledge

It's not terribly interesting it's just a white brit who has never had to confront issues surrounding sexism and women and let a lot of really misogynistic stuff go because "it's just a joke." Enough people complained and Brian issued an edict saying hey you can't be a piece of poo poo to women in the group and then Jason begrudgingly deleted some posts.

edit: sorry for the inside baseball about a pedal brand's facebook group you guys lol

Kilometers: your heart is too pure for this world. You are an good egg. <3

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 15, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Thanks for the info at least. In general I like Brian. Alex Abernathy Clay is a great guy and mod too who I wish the rest were more like. I have a feeling I’m not sticking around for long though. Some days I love the group and other days it feels full of the worst people in the music world.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
wampler fans are one layoff and/or messy divorce separated from rigsofdad

if they were 15% more alpha they'd be the guys at talkbass bragging about how much they like to ogle the 27 year old vet tech currently singing for their classic rock cover band

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Horny on main boutique 6 string bass owning cover players are above the base level wampler chuds for sure

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Friend on facebook just now: "Putting $300 pickups in a $200 guitar should be called Djentrification."

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Horny on main boutique 6 string bass owning cover players are above the base level wampler chuds for sure

i feel like a lot of wampler dudes play in nondenominational church bands but i'm probably getting them mixed up with guys who own a bunch of strymon gear

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Friend on facebook just now: "Putting $300 pickups in a $200 guitar should be called Djentrification."

I mean yes but there are pretty decent $200 guitars now so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Nice