Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I also forget, I'm in the UK. It's not a standard deal over here and is the full 50% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Bought rear end Creed Odyssey because that bitch was cheap as gently caress and wow. Between this game and Red Dead 2: The Reddining, I'm really happy with these awesome period oriented open world games. I need every game, from this point forward, to pay an insane amount of attention to detail. It's amazing climbing temples and seeing all the little artworks they placed on the latticework.

Agreed. I finished Red Dead 2(and loved it) and jumped into AC: Odyssey. I liked the contrast coming off Red Dead in that you are basically a super hero in AC. Ancient Greece looks amazing (even on an Xbox One S).
While I loved the "realism" of Red Dead 2, I am equally enjoying running with my tamed Lion and lighting my sword on fire to murder some Greeks.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oddyssey: running barefoot on the beach
Rdr2: running in waste deep water with links iron boots

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Currently very upset with Gamepass as due to it I am now firmly enroute to 1000/1000 Agents of Mayhem which is a very poorly designed game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Barudak posted:

Currently very upset with Gamepass as due to it I am now firmly enroute to 1000/1000 Agents of Mayhem which is a very poorly designed game.

I gave up about 2 hours in. Wasn't worth the $8.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beastie posted:

I gave up about 2 hours in. Wasn't worth the $8.

Its not good, I can elaborate for possibly upwards of 20 minutes every one of its extremely stupid flaws but it turns out "you can run quickly and jump really high" just carried me through finding 350 pointless gubbins so in for a penny now.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Monday_ posted:

FYI very few games support mouse and keyboard yet.

Yeah, I'm hoping there will be more in the future. Are developers going back and adding keyboard/mouse capability to older games?

Syrinxx posted:

Take FO76 throw it in the trash, load FO4, enjoy life

I'm banking on Beth actually improving the game over time, and felt the :20bux: was worth the gamble since I've enjoyed their games in the past... though I know their reputation is shot to poo poo right now!

I think I'll play FO4 for the first while and then get the add-on, then use the Gamepass and become:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I really don't see m/kb being added to any competitive fps. Sure you'll see it get added in for stuff like Halo Wars, Kerbel, City Skylines, and free to play 3rd person shooters. But I would not hold my breath for BFV with mouse and keyboard.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Beastie posted:

I really don't see m/kb being added to any competitive fps. Sure you'll see it get added in for stuff like Halo Wars, Kerbel, City Skylines, and free to play 3rd person shooters. But I would not hold my breath for BFV with mouse and keyboard.

Widespread adoption of m/kb for console shooters would own because you could start clowning on people who paid like 100 bucks for a xim with some old usb keyboard lying around in your house.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Keyboard for Age of Empires 4 Xbone/Win10 crossplay

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Keyboard and mouse for shooters owned on Dreamcast.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I need M/KB because my thumbs are dumb

mewse
May 2, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

I need M/KB because my thumbs are dumb

Whose got messed up thumbs and loves video games????

*points w/index fingers* this guy!!!

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SUNKOS posted:

Does anyone here own the Master Chief Collection? If so, does it show playercounts for the multiplayer of each game now that they added the option to install specific games? I'm curious roughly how many people are playing each of the four games online since I've been going back and forth between picking up MCC or the specific games I like via BC. I like that you can just install multiplayer and ignore singleplayer completely but I saw the multiplayer mashed all four games into each mode and I'd rather just install the specific games I want to play and stick to them but I don't know if they're dead or not? Everyone hates Halo 4 for example, what's the playerbase like for that in MCC if the only part of the collection installed is the multiplayer component of that game?

I have no idea about player base number counts but I remember that when ever I played MCC, I couldn't really find many people playing 4 online. Most people seemed to have been content with playing Halo 2. That's my experience though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

I have no idea about player base number counts but I remember that when ever I played MCC, I couldn't really find many people playing 4 online. Most people seemed to have been content with playing Halo 2. That's my experience though.

to answer the original question i dont believe it gives you population counts of individual games, or even pop count of the hopper you're queuing in.

the MP hoppers all contain some amount of H4 unless they specifically say they dont, but usually most people will vote for the alternative options. the very few times I have managed to get a game going in MCC, everyone avoids H4 matches when they show up to vote on.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I don't know if it's my new weed habit or rising levels of lead in my water supply but I am playing FF13 since it's Xbonx enhanced and uh, I'm finding it a lot easier to follow and not as bad as the many times I've bounced off of it? I mean I know the first ten hours are tutorial but it looks nice and the music is some of the series' best.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think getting rid of player count was one of 343’s first acts with the reach to halo 4 transition after bungie peaced out

For those with short memories, 343’s first reach patch was not well received...

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ethanol posted:

I think getting rid of player count was one of 343’s first acts with the reach to halo 4 transition after bungie peaced out

Player counts were still on the website for 4, the reason I remember this is because of that graph with playercount being almost nonexistent less than a year after launch. Then there were all the shenanigans to hide what 5 actually sold, by counting basically everything it could to beef numbers (all I know now is that Halo 5 is ranked in the 30's for most played games next Gears5, a game where it's almost impossible to find a good match).

Ninja edit: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Man I don't know if it's my new weed habit or rising levels of lead in my water supply but I am playing FF13 since it's Xbonx enhanced and uh, I'm finding it a lot easier to follow and not as bad as the many times I've bounced off of it? I mean I know the first ten hours are tutorial but it looks nice and the music is some of the series' best.

Its a really good game; it just doesn't play like previous final fantasy games, people thought they understood the tutorials when they absolutely didn't, and the story is the hottest of garbage.

If you know that you get free ATB refreshes every two turns, saboteur maintains the stagger gauge just as well as commando, and each job provides different passive bonuses to your squad you've got all you need to enjoy the hell out of the game.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

DrNutt posted:

I've been wondering about picking those up used. The PC ports kinda pissed me off with their laziness ("Don't turn off your PLAYSTATION®3" messages are left in and you need external tools to make pads work) but I did not have a bad time with the games themselves

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Ashen is really good and if you have Game Pass and like Dark Souls you should give it a whirl. It's not entirely derivative and a lot less lonely than Dark Souls.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

dishwasherlove posted:

Ashen is really good and if you have Game Pass and like Dark Souls you should give it a whirl. It's not entirely derivative and a lot less lonely than Dark Souls.

I really didn't know anything about it, but after listening to Giant Bomb talk about it I'll have to re-up my GP sub. Thank god I still have a free month code from when I bought my X.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Ashen is very good. I learned that the "ai" buddies that help out aren't ai all of the time. Sometimes they are other players which would explain some of the strange behaviors lol.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Call of Duty WWII OR Farcry V?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Get Far cry not the dead and bad cod.

TalkingBasically
Aug 19, 2018

RBX posted:

Get Far cry not the dead and bad cod.
the dead and the bad 4ever then

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Crap, is it bad? I loved WW2 shooters and hoped it would be good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Crap, is it bad? I loved WW2 shooters and hoped it would be good

Get battlefield v then. Sound quality alone is worth it if you love ww2 shooters

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

COD WW2 got off to a really lovely launch, but they improved the game immensely since then.

Still, Blops4 is really really good. BFV is also very good. If you're hard up for WW2 go with BFV.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
BFV is vastly superior to COD WW2. It's a ton of fun and absolutely worth the price.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

ethanol posted:

Get battlefield v then. Sound quality alone is worth it if you love ww2 shooters

definitely an incredible sounding game, very immersive

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I ended up getting Farcry 5... and Battlefront 2, since it was cheap.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Both better than CodWW2

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Good, I’ll pick up BFV when I need something new

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Xboxonex had a hard time updating, first time gave me an error that wasn't even in the error code database. After a 2nd attempt it updated without error, but upon reaching the dashboard it shutdown without any warning or errors. Did that several times but then was 100% operational for installation and a few hours of play of Rdr2.

Then this morning trying to install Forza horizon 4 from game pass the install kept failing with an error code that had the directions of "try again later". I rearranged the install/download queue so Forza was last after seeing other things seemed to install fine, and I'll see things went after being gone for the day.

But now I'm worried i have a bum unit or something?

Sextro fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 16, 2018

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sounds more like network issues somewhere.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Akuma posted:

Sounds more like network issues somewhere.

I do have super poo poo tier Comcast with a router old enough that it doesn't even have 5ghz!

E: nah, its totally a busted rear end unit. Now it just can't stay on for more than a minute without shutting down, if it even gets through the full boot.

Sextro fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 16, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I've had trouble keeping an XBL connection all day. Super great how even using it to watch OTA TV or Plex is dependent on XBL working.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Sextro posted:

I do have super poo poo tier Comcast with a router old enough that it doesn't even have 5ghz!

E: nah, its totally a busted rear end unit. Now it just can't stay on for more than a minute without shutting down, if it even gets through the full boot.

Probably doesn't help that the wireless card in the bone is pretty bad. I ran an Ethernet cable because the bone gets a whopping 6 Mbps down over WiFi even though it's about 10 feet away from an AC1900 router but the 5400 RPM HDD write speed is the limiting factor when hard wired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The xbone just plain sucks at networking period. I had to turn whatever setting leaves the xbone in sleep mode off because it would come back and refuse to connect to any network. Also, the fact that you have the unplug the ethernet cable in order to use wifi is dumb as hell.