Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, it's the real Quetz. She's just taking the appearance of a human woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tae posted:

The Quetz in Babylon is real, divinity and all. And anyone we meet anywhere can be recorded by the chaldea systems to be summoned later.

In that case, where is my Tiamat Servant DW? :argh:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Lt. Lizard posted:

In that case, where is my Tiamat Servant DW? :argh:

I demand Tiamat and Goetia

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blade Runner posted:

I demand Tiamat and Goetia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOGbaa7e5-E

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guys. Spoilers.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

goetia exists

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

dogsicle posted:

goetia exists

That doesn't excuse the video

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Um, holy poo poo. Threw a random ticket at the banner just because and pulled Quetzalcoatl. :stare:

Seems good!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Can't we just wait 2 weeks for all the spoiler memes?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Wow I can't believe Spongebob was the Grand Ruler Servant.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
spoilers: mash is into senpai

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tarezax posted:

i didn't watch it, sorry

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Here, have a non-spoiler, but still Solomon related meme:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

superlewdmash.jpg

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tired Moritz posted:

Nah, the spoiler is that she and Gudako have victory sex after Solomon.

(Disclaimer: I have no loving idea if what I wrote is a spoiler or not)

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

On a side note I somehow missed the best improvement have finally arrived to NA:

Fast ghost animations

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Babylon Servant Performance Report (Excluding Guests/Friends)

MVPs
Kuro (Chapter 19+ Champ)
Nero Bride (Arts Support)
Jalter (Jalter)
Scathach (ST Anti-Divinity is Good)
Scathach Summer (Trash Cleanup)

Honorable Mentions
Hercules (Last Resort)
Tamamo (Final Battle Support)
Mata Hari (Low-cost Def Debuff Support)
Altera (Wave Clearer)
Medb (Undying Thot)

I would say that Kuro, Nero Bride, and Scathassin carried me through over 3/4 of Babylon while Jalter and Scathach would come in for boss fights. Only had to burn one single command seal to pump up an NP the entire singularity.

Good singularity.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bholder posted:

On a side note I somehow missed the best improvement have finally arrived to NA:

Fast ghost animations

They changed Tamamo Cat’s NP timing too. She doesn’t say GOOD MORNING at the end if you have the game set to 2x speed.

Literally unplayable.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Vengarr posted:

They changed Tamamo Cat’s NP timing too. She doesn’t say GOOD MORNING at the end if you have the game set to 2x speed.

Literally unplayable.
Just set the NP speed to normal and 2x everything else.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Hype for Quetzalcoatl!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm happy that Fields of Reed is pretty consistent about dropping stingers, because every Servant who needs them needs like 500 of them.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LibrarianCroaker posted:

So what's the explanation for being able to summon Quetzalcoatl? Did we summon not the real Quetz, but a luchadore impersonating Quetz?

IIRC the canon explanation is that Mesoamerican gods "transferred" from one human to another like bacteria or microorganisms, and what we summoned was a woman who Quetzalcoatl had been at one point. I guess because they were attaching themselves to specific humans it's enough of an excuse to get around the old "no summoning actual gods as servants" rule that we break at least once a week.

The reason for this weird setup is supposedly that the gods of the region are special in that they were influenced by a foreign astronomical object. It's a little unclear whether this is referring to the asteroid that hit the Yucatan peninsula, or if it's a veiled reference to ORT.

As for why she's into Lucha, at some point she was summoned somewhere and happened to see a match, and she liked it so much it got reflected on her main body on the throne of Gods. That's it, she just happens to be a pro wrestling fan.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mesoamerican gods are Symbiotes? Wheres Venom??

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Literally unplayable.

Nero's NP sounds different too. I couldn't place it. Her lines are different from what I have in my head and I couldn't place it. I wonder if it'd be fixed if I went back to normal speed.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Quetz' love of lucha is so intense it seared itself into the memory-myths of all collective humanity.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Yeah, the voice line timing on basically all sped-up NPs has changed, it looks like. Servants don't cut themselves off anymore.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Kild posted:

Mesoamerican gods are Symbiotes? Wheres Venom The Goa’uld??

FGO as anime Stargate works for me!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Jossar posted:

Here, have a non-spoiler, but still Solomon related meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18bybpEzRI

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tarezax posted:

Sorry, I thought it was okay since it doesn't show anything of the actual game and simply uses a voice line in japanese with no subtitles.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What % are the Buster/Arts/Quick debuffs in the raids?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Going to just about anything FGO-related on YouTube is a bad idea if you're looking to avoid spoilers.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

Blight Runner posted:

Nero's NP sounds different too. I couldn't place it. Her lines are different from what I have in my head and I couldn't place it. I wonder if it'd be fixed if I went back to normal speed.

Nero used to interrupt herself, but it was in such a way that it sounded like a proper line (at least to us who don't speak the moontongue).

I can't remember why I was listening to her NP lines in the voice section, but hey.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, a thought just occurred to me.
Spoilers for the final Babylon fight:
Before the very last round, Merlin is trying to talk Fou into teleporting him for whatever reason, and Fou decides to dropkick him instead. Mash points out that Merlin is now out of the fight. And yet, during the final fight, I was still getting healed every turn by his Mage of Flowers ability. I thought with him being KO'd or whatever that meant I was gonna have to do the fight the old-fashioned way, without 4k HP regen every turn.

So, did I luck out and get a glitch? Or did I just misread the text leading up to it?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the_steve posted:

So, a thought just occurred to me.
Spoilers for the final Babylon fight:
Before the very last round, Merlin is trying to talk Fou into teleporting him for whatever reason, and Fou decides to dropkick him instead. Mash points out that Merlin is now out of the fight. And yet, during the final fight, I was still getting healed every turn by his Mage of Flowers ability. I thought with him being KO'd or whatever that meant I was gonna have to do the fight the old-fashioned way, without 4k HP regen every turn.

So, did I luck out and get a glitch? Or did I just misread the text leading up to it?

You misread. The spell was still active, it was just justification for no longer being a support option.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It was also justification for 'we need to end the fight NOW before the flower spell wears off' and Gilgamesh showing up with his glowstick.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if that fight had chaos tide without the support spell it would've been an actual slog. for a little bit i thought they might actually do that to pump difficulty though

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Also if I remember right about that fight, That's the fight where the heal doesn't actually outpace the chaos tide, so you're taking 4000 damage each turn and healing 4000 damage each turn.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Alard posted:

Also if I remember right about that fight, That's the fight where the heal doesn't actually outpace the chaos tide, so you're taking 4000 damage each turn and healing 4000 damage each turn.
Correct. That's the point that the two opposing effects cancel each other out. Then it's just a matter of balancing your HP pools so that the pre-turn tide doesn't kill your servants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Threw a ten roll at the new banner, didn't expect much of anything, got Gorgon. Guess Jalter has a friend to help clown on Rulers now (once I level her at least).