Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My biggest gripe so far is that matchmaking doesn't really work with the new infinite bounties system.

Maybe it's because my matchmaking is messed up, but if someone drops out of the group I rarely get a replacement. If I drop out because I want to change tiers, it absolutely will not put me in a new group until I go back to fortuna.

I think it's just me and my lovely virgin media router though because nobody else seems to be having problems, and I have these problems outside of Fortuna as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Of the few times I have tried public matchmaking since fortuna launched, I’ve had issues too. I’ve stuck with solo since I’m too busy taking in the sights and trying to make this update last

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Fortuna is awesome.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Can I get an invite into the switch guild, IGN takkstest? I cloned my PC account for fun, and now want to give away piles of gear to people cause I'm not going to play on the switch that often.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Takkaryx posted:

Can I get an invite into the switch guild, IGN takkstest? I cloned my PC account for fun, and now want to give away piles of gear to people cause I'm not going to play on the switch that often.

Yessss please give me piles of gear

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Baro! (Kuiper relay, Eris)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Baro_Ki%27Teer/Current_Console_Items

(Give them a few minutes to update it to this week's stuff)

Split stat heat mods are a must. Don't think i've seen Primed Quickdraw, seems useful. Prisma Skana looks good for crits, Prisma Gorgon for crit or split.

EOS prime chest is a vital part of batman cosplay and as always, a man can never have too many capes (though it's worth mentioning that the ki'teer solstice seems to be a seasonal exclusive).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Xena in my town :swoon:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealLucyLawless/status/1031633040538124288?s=09

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How do you get Garuda, by the way? I did the Vox Solaris quest and didn't see her main blueprint in my rewards screen or my inventory.

EDIT: Whoops, figured it out. Eudico sends you an e-mail afterwards.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 15, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm still catching up with the main thread, so what do I have to do for this tennobaum thing? The news post just says give gifts, but doesn't say how.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm still catching up with the main thread, so what do I have to do for this tennobaum thing? The news post just says give gifts, but doesn't say how.

Go to the market, look at stuff, and buy them for other people. On Ps4 you hit Square to do it.

Yeah, this event is about actually buying other players things with real money. Or using other peoples money if you're a Trade God.

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
My god, I got warframe on my switch last week and have barely been able to put it down. The portability is just so drat convenient, it's awesome to be able to play at work on my down time. Ported my pc account too, though I'm still early on.

Can't beat the drat junction going from Ceres to Jupiter, I don't put out enough damage and it's annoying! I run out of ammo before the enemy gets to half health.

My IGN is CrazyCupcake, can I get a clan invite? I'll join the discord when I get home!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

How the hell am I supposed to get vent kid rep without a board? I got to borrow a free one for the intro quest and was too busy trying to work out the controls to do any tricks.

Now i'm in free roam, I don't have enough rep to buy even the basic parts, and I don't have a board to do tricks and get rep.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

How the hell am I supposed to get vent kid rep without a board? I got to borrow a free one for the intro quest and was too busy trying to work out the controls to do any tricks.

Now i'm in free roam, I don't have enough rep to buy even the basic parts, and I don't have a board to do tricks and get rep.

It should have given you a K-Board Launcher as the reward for completing the story. You keep the loaner they gave you. It's a gear item that you equip just like your Archwing Launcher. If you completed the Vox Solaris storyline and don't have it in your inventory, well, time to contact customer service.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If I didn't have some awesome goons like Vegas to help me with the challenge room quest I would have put this game away. This game is intentionally vague and forcefully grindy, it's just a bit frustrating because there's a lot to enjoy here but good luck advancing without hunting down answers to dozens of questions. Intuitive this game is not

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Flytrap posted:

It should have given you a K-Board Launcher as the reward for completing the story. You keep the loaner they gave you. It's a gear item that you equip just like your Archwing Launcher. If you completed the Vox Solaris storyline and don't have it in your inventory, well, time to contact customer service.
I got the launcher as a reward, but I can't equip it to the wheel for some reason. I'm going to check my inventory to make sure I actually got it.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I got the launcher as a reward, but I can't equip it to the wheel for some reason. I'm going to check my inventory to make sure I actually got it.

It seems ridiculously slow to grind Ventkid rep anyway. I just tiered up to the second rank, and it doesn't even offer you board components as a reward, so I guess you have to grind out each individual component individually on top of trying to level up. And they can go gently caress themselves if they think I'm paying >150 plat for board decals.

I just hit a bug on Fortuna whereby I died (for no reason as far as I can tell) but it didn't kill me and I could keep on running around and doing stuff while it prompted me to respawn. Then I fell through the map. :v:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You can max out your daily vent kid rep in like 15 minutes if you head over to The Pearl and just flip and grind around in a circle for a bit.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Next person to reply with their PSN gets a Repala syandana, because repala syandana is best syandana, and because it's christmas.

Translation: Next person to type their PSN gets a free cape.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
PSN: Mister_Macys

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sent! Happy tennobaum!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Seri posted:

My god, I got warframe on my switch last week and have barely been able to put it down. The portability is just so drat convenient, it's awesome to be able to play at work on my down time. Ported my pc account too, though I'm still early on.

Can't beat the drat junction going from Ceres to Jupiter, I don't put out enough damage and it's annoying! I run out of ammo before the enemy gets to half health.

My IGN is CrazyCupcake, can I get a clan invite? I'll join the discord when I get home!

Gotcha invited! Come join the discord and have a great time with us. We are having a blast just playing and making friends.

poo poo like this makes me so happy to be a goon and meet some new goons to play this and future games with:

Very cool.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
This game has been popping up a bunch for me so I'm trying it out again. Apparently the last time I played was back in 2015 and I was working on getting a kubrow egg and archwings. Any help and a clan invite on PS4 will be appreciated. PSN: SPZX

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

This game has been popping up a bunch for me so I'm trying it out again. Apparently the last time I played was back in 2015 and I was working on getting a kubrow egg and archwings. Any help and a clan invite on PS4 will be appreciated. PSN: SPZX

I can probably hit you up in a few hours. Unless I can invite from the warframe app?

Edit: I cannot invite from the app

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 17, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Raptor1033 posted:

I can probably hit you up in a few hours. Unless I can invite from the warframe app?

No rush, I probably won't play much until later tonight anyways.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey Vegastar, my in-game name (on Switch) is Feenix. (I think that's the name you mean?)
I want to be friends and participate in Tennobaum and be part of the cool kids' club. :)

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Seri posted:

Get some corrosion damage on your weapons for that junction so that the armor is less of an issue.

rainer516
Jan 22, 2005

American Hero
I just started playing and have no idea what’s going on.

Would love an invite to the clan, My PSN ID is: Rainer516

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Reactor BP on PS4 now.

E: Catalyst too, assuming this is because of the impromptu stream.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 18, 2018

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Gift of lotus or just standard alerts?

Totally forgot to invite that goon last night, whoops!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Raptor1033 posted:

They look gone on warframe tracker, so my guess is regular.

I haven't played in a month or so... how is the new stuff?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

Regulars, I just missed them because the wife arrived home and the dog went mental.

This is a semi-regular ocurrence.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Just built my Switch Oberon so that Reactor was a nice prompt.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Things I discovered today (PS4):

It seems you can't start an animal hunt after leaving a squad. The footprints fail to spawn. (It works fine if you start off solo though.)
Energy pizzas don't work if you're standing in water. You can deploy them, and they'll be expended, but your energy won't go up.
The pause menu doesn't pause things on Fortuna, even when you're solo. (iirc it took them a while to patch that in on PoE as well.)

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Can I get an invite on switch? My username is Huzzahdave.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Absolutely. Just pinged you in discord too. We gotcha.

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
It's weird. Sometimes a mission will make the switch game freeze up so you have to restart, other times not. It's frustrating, I don't want to have farmed a bunch of stuff just to have my game crash. Here's hoping they fix some of that.

Also, god I love the HEK.

Seri fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 19, 2018

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
Can someone please send me a switch invite as well? free_clinic in the game

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

hypnophant posted:

Got you covered, should be in your box now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

hypnophant posted:

Vega has you set up! And don’t forget discord. It rocks. https://discord.gg/WQCjAm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Switch hotfix #3 is out. PoE is at least functional. Still has some issues, but it's playable and missions are possible to complete. Turning off volumetric lighting gives the performance a nice kick in the rear end, and the controls are smoother and the deadzone thing is fixed. Crashes for Excal and Titania are gone.

This is a welcome improvement.