Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Bruceski posted:

I know this is like trying to untangle a hairball, but I'm trying to figure out Killer Fish's plot. Not sure if bits were cut or just talked over.
--Steal jewels, toss in dam, wait 60 days for heat to die down. Fish deployed to ensure that.
--Flunkies try a double-cross, get fished.
--Flunkies try again, get fished.
--Everybody sits around for 60 days showering and such.
--Baddie and Wife get jewels. Protagonist sabotages boat (out of spite for the dead flunkies? Just plain orneryness? He did not yet know Baddie was a baddie.)
--Storm hits.
--Lots of folks get fished, Protagonist realizes Baddie is a baddie.
--Baddie dies, folks rescued, entire tourist industry for the lake ruined due to piranha.
--Wife gets jewelbox.
--(apparently) Wife opens jewelbox, takes half the jewels, and pretends she can't open it even when on the plane home scott free.
--(at some point afterward) Model swaps jewelbox.

Baddie and Wife got the jewels early so they wouldn't have to split it with the surviving flunkies. They threw a big chunk of meat into the lake to get past the piranhas. However, the original idea behind stocking them in the lake was that the piranha would naturally die out from eating the available food sources after 60 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I know this is like trying to untangle a hairball, but I'm trying to figure out Killer Fish's plot. Not sure if bits were cut or just talked over.
--Steal jewels, toss in dam, wait 60 days for heat to die down. Fish deployed to ensure that.
--Flunkies try a double-cross, get fished.
--Flunkies try again, get fished.
--Everybody sits around for 60 days showering and such.
--Baddie and Wife get jewels. Protagonist sabotages boat (out of spite for the dead flunkies? Just plain orneryness? He did not yet know Baddie was a baddie.)
--Storm hits.
--Lots of folks get fished, Protagonist realizes Baddie is a baddie.
--Baddie dies, folks rescued, entire tourist industry for the lake ruined due to piranha.
--Wife gets jewelbox.
--(apparently) Wife opens jewelbox, takes half the jewels, and pretends she can't open it even when on the plane home scott free.
--(at some point afterward) Model swaps jewelbox.

- there are fish
- they kill
- except the protagonist

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Baddie and Wife got the jewels early so they wouldn't have to split it with the surviving flunkies. They threw a big chunk of meat into the lake to get past the piranhas. However, the original idea behind stocking them in the lake was that the piranha would naturally die out from eating the available food sources after 60 days.

Ah, which explains why Protagonist sabotaged the boat and why the model shoot was still there. I thought "bait them with some meat" had always been the plan.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

- there are fish
- they kill
- except the protagonist

Look, I'm a big fan of heist movies. As far as I'm concerned the fish were a backdrop.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Mac and me is just one big non sequitur. I love the garden arch arbor that practically invites the child to certain death.

Edit: fixes

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 11, 2018

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
the infinite con at the end is so pointless and confusing

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The RiffTrax of Stone Cold has my new favorite joke as Brian Bosworth and William Forsythe brawl in a strip joint.

Kevin: "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the Champagne Room!"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Huh, Gypsy's second riff at the end of Killer Fish doesn't have any audio. Netflix still gives her captions when I turn it on, not sure what happened there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mantis42 posted:

Huh, Gypsy's second riff at the end of Killer Fish doesn't have any audio. Netflix still gives her captions when I turn it on, not sure what happened there.

I noticed that too. Guess it's just an editing flub on their part.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm loving Mac and Me. I saw it as a kid and it was bad then, it's even worse now but the riffing is right up my alley.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Killer Fish: So was the model in on it since the beginning, or only once she got some of the sweet, sweet Six Million Dollar Man lovin'? And if she was in on it since the beginning, was the camera crew with her in on it too, or were they just helpless rubes who were duped?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Wish me luck, I'm on Atlantic Rim in my gauntlet run.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Davros1 posted:

Killer Fish: So was the model in on it since the beginning, or only once she got some of the sweet, sweet Six Million Dollar Man lovin'? And if she was in on it since the beginning, was the camera crew with her in on it too, or were they just helpless rubes who were duped?

Yes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mac and Me is bad on like, a Lovecraftian level. Just so much about it that's terrible in the most freakish ways

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’m having a hard time thinking of a movie character I’ve ever liked less than the “hero” from Atlantic Rim.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

precision posted:

Mac and Me is bad on like, a Lovecraftian level. Just so much about it that's terrible in the most freakish ways

The whistling is, believe it or not, a dog whistle. For the Hounds of Tindalos.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

El Jebus posted:

Wish me luck, I'm on Atlantic Rim in my gauntlet run.

We have such sights to show you :unsmigghh:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

TL posted:

I’m having a hard time thinking of a movie character I’ve ever liked less than the “hero” from Atlantic Rim.

He's like a combination of Mitchell and Buff Drinklots, stripped of any likability, then thrown in a mecha.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The scene they use as the stinger fro Pacific Rim is pretty much all you need to know about the movie and the protagonist. I can't remember how they riff on it, but I feel like they just laugh at him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bicyclops posted:

The scene they use as the stinger fro Pacific Rim is pretty much all you need to know about the movie and the protagonist. I can't remember how they riff on it, but I feel like they just laugh at him.

I like how this post still works if you don’t correct it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Haha, whoops

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rydiafan posted:

It was the worst Rifftrax for me, because it was the one where my greatest Rifftrax fear came true: some rear end in a top hat in the theater thought the gimmick of the show meant they could go ahead and make loud jokes about the movie the entire time.
My ex-partner did this and it was super embarrassing.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

My ex-partner did this and it was super embarrassing.

¬_¬. Turn down your lights and shut your loving mouth where applicable. I get the concept of rifftrax and mst3k are weird and goony and not mainstream but if I was watching a TV show or movie and started trying to add to their conversation by shouting at them you'd assume autism or schizophrenia or something. I would hope so. That said I think it is hard to bite your tongue and not dogpile in, some people do get competitive with jokes and a bit tryhard, I'm guilty as hell of channeling the show sometimes, but never in a shout down the show way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Even the people who work on the loving show meticulously script their material beforehand, because off-the-cuff riffing is like, twenty irritating duds to every one decent chuckle.

Holy poo poo, nobody paid fourteen loving dollars to hear your hot take.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I live in a more rural area so I tend to see some of the same people at the live rifftrax. There's this family that is so loving awful. The kids don't shut up. The mom laughs like a loving hyena at EVERYTHING even if it's not funny. The dad tosses his own riffs out during the whole thing. I'm at the point where I'm willing to drive an hour to another theater for these things.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
rifftrax themselves suggest that you surprise your friends with the riffed version of a film you intend to watch, which i think is pretty jerky

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

rifftrax themselves suggest that you surprise your friends with the riffed version of a film you intend to watch, which i think is pretty jerky

But, they'll hear jokes! Professional jokes! Made by professional comedy professionals!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

LividLiquid posted:

Even the people who work on the loving show meticulously script their material beforehand, because off-the-cuff riffing is like, twenty irritating duds to every one decent chuckle.

Holy poo poo, nobody paid fourteen loving dollars to hear your hot take.

Semi-related, but once a month or so Trace and Frank host an “open-mic riffing” thing at their show and I can’t even imagine how excruciating that must be. Not just unrehearsed amateur riffing, but unrehearsed amateur riffing where the riffer is probably trying extra-hard to make Trace & Frank laugh.

I imagine that’s what Hell is like.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Semi-related, but once a month or so Trace and Frank host an “open-mic riffing” thing at their show and I can’t even imagine how excruciating that must be. Not just unrehearsed amateur riffing, but unrehearsed amateur riffing where the riffer is probably trying extra-hard to make Trace & Frank laugh.

I imagine that’s what Hell is like.

They record it and make some guy in a jumpsuit watch each session alongside his two robot buddies.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

But, they'll hear jokes! Professional jokes! Made by professional comedy professionals!

this is somehow still one of my fav rifftrax jokes

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LividLiquid posted:

For further proof, please attend any convention where there's a "Live MST3K" of some movie a lot of people are fans of. You'll never hear more chuckles to be polite, in a sort of 'I know what they said is an attempt at jocularity, so I will oblige with a weak titter' way. Almost all of them are essentially trying to do improv which is hard enough already.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm kinda thinking about going to B-fest but it is a "comments encouraged" kind of event and I dunno man

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
It’s amazing how in ever episode of the Gauntlet that once Jonah gets pulled into the opening he gains thirty pounds and his hair gets longer.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

And come to think of it, Kinga's clothing suddenly becomes larger and less well fitting, as if she's covering up a pregnant belly.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

And come to think of it, Kinga's clothing suddenly becomes larger and less well fitting, as if she's covering up a pregnant belly.

I like her clothing, makes her fit well as one of the mad scientists. It'd be jarring as hell to see her good looking and not tacky. That woman is a bombshell and they make a point of dressing her down just to fit into the fake cheap aesthetic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TL posted:

It’s amazing how in ever episode of the Gauntlet that once Jonah gets pulled into the opening he gains thirty pounds and his hair gets longer.

Fake wig and padding. He has to put it en route or it’s the cattle prods again

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I lost it in Killer Fish when one of the characters yells "Paul!" and they riff "Your father is in great danger!".

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 19, 2018

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

It is probably the vacuum of the suction transporter. If I were placed into a total vacuum I would probably come out the other side a littler larger too. The longer hair is explained by errrrrr time moves faster in a vacuum? :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnBry posted:

It is probably the vacuum of the suction transporter. If I were placed into a total vacuum I would probably come out the other side a littler larger too. The longer hair is explained by errrrrr time moves faster in a vacuum? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGlWqleZox8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TL posted:

repeat to yourself it's just a show