Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Morkfang posted:

When doing missions for syndicates wear their sigils. The sigil bonus applies to the mission rep reward as well. Also: do them after you reached your daily cap. Syndicate missions then give you rep past the cap.

But I need the red veil sigil to counteract the rep loss for Steel Meridian from doing the new loka missions, so I can't really do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thanks for the syndicate info. i also unlocked the thing in my ship that lets me look at relics. apparently i have been earning upgrade currency for these things from somewhere? i assume i dont want to upgrade any of these lower lvl ones i have until i hit the cap at least.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Awesome! posted:

thanks for the syndicate info. i also unlocked the thing in my ship that lets me look at relics. apparently i have been earning upgrade currency for these things from somewhere? i assume i dont want to upgrade any of these lower lvl ones i have until i hit the cap at least.

Don’t upgrade any of them until you’re ready to immediately use them. Usually upgrade trying to get the rare part in a full party of other people using full upgraded ones

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where did the upgrade currency come from? i have like 80

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

You can get it from alerts, but you mainly get it from just opening them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ah that makes sense, i opened a few of them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah for each reactant you pick up, you get more void traces.

They're actually used somewhere else too... i think to construct dragon keys?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

theres no way to trade credits for endo is there?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

as someone who stupidly leveled 4 syndicates i can say that it was completely pointless. the sole benefit is that you only have to trade for stuff from two syndicates instead of three. however, it dramatically slows down your ranking up and rep accumulation for two of your four syndicates. what's more, if you don't balance them properly you can de-level one of your factions.

yeah but

numbers go up

more numbers go up

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

At early stages, your most reliable source of endo is melting down duplicate mods.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive already dusted all my lovely mods. if i wanted to specifically farm a lot of mods are any of the mission types better?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ones where you kill more dudes. Currently the other way to get endo is farming the arenas on Sedna, or doing arbitrations but that's really endgame stuff.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Awesome! posted:

ive already dusted all my lovely mods. if i wanted to specifically farm a lot of mods are any of the mission types better?

I always look out for Excavation Relic cracking. If you get people happy to go for ages, you get a chunk of resources, mods, cryotic, void traces, prime stuff and affinity. I found them super useful when starting out.

Any endless mission with a full team will net lots of mods. Mostly Vitality and Pressure Point, but still.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guhhh Im never in a good place when it comes to making weapons.
I used to always have a set baking since leveling is so fast.

Now I'm MR 18(?) and the best source is dojo stuff.
However that requires Fieldron or Detonite and I keep forgetting to do the conflict missions.

Help I am very dumb.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if you're flush with cash/resources, buy a bunch of blueprints for those from the dojo and just build them 24/7

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Synthbuttrange posted:

if you're flush with cash/resources, buy a bunch of blueprints for those from the dojo and just build them 24/7

Yeah I know. I'm just constantly out of two or three key ingredients due to my poor planning.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Inzombiac posted:

Guhhh Im never in a good place when it comes to making weapons.
I used to always have a set baking since leveling is so fast.

Now I'm MR 18(?) and the best source is dojo stuff.
However that requires Fieldron or Detonite and I keep forgetting to do the conflict missions.

Help I am very dumb.

do fortuna bounties, they drop fully-built fieldron/detonite/mutagen

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

Go to Laruna Relay (or any Relay), Fast Travel to Cephalon Simaris, do his scanning of targets daily quest for a dripfeed of more endo.

Not sure if bounties/Sanctuary onslaught and such drop enough endo to be a reason to do them just for that, but it can be a nice bonus.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile I've got a stack of endo, a lot of credits.

but if I max out my mods that's going to break a lot of my current builds D:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Johnny Joestar posted:

do fortuna bounties, they drop fully-built fieldron/detonite/mutagen

Bless you! I love doing bounties so I will focus on those.

I got a pistol riven about killing fools that are still on dropships.

LANZ TIME BABY

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Inzombiac posted:

Bless you! I love doing bounties so I will focus on those.

I got a pistol riven about killing fools that are still on dropships.

LANZ TIME BABY

That one is actually trivially easy to do with Atomos.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Awesome! posted:

No. Credits aren't actually a currency in any real sense, they're just a timesink.

You can however buy completed Ayatan sculptures for plat.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

Endless missions like Defense start dropping a lot of of mods if you can hang in there. Go public and you'll usually find super high level people who will carry you 4+ rounds

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Awesome! posted:

also i really want a non-flawed serration mod for my gun so i looked it up in the database and it listed earth with some node names but it got cut off after 1 and 1 letter of the next. can i scroll the list somehow? it didnt seem like i could.

The wiki tends to be best for that sort of information. It will tell you drop chance and rotation, both of which are nice to know when farming something. For Serration, though, the highest drop chance is in the clan dojo. People have plenty of the basic damage/multishot/elemental damage/critical chance/critical damage mods lying around, so just ask for them in chat and be sure to have a few thousand credits for each mod that you need so that you can afford the trade tax.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you can stomach the trade channel, buying then melting down maxed /garbage rivens can get you chunks of endo.

dont buy direct from the market its horrible

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kyrosiris posted:

That one is actually trivially easy to do with Atomos.

Oh right it has to be slotted in a pistol/secondary, right?

KULLSTAR TIME BAYBEEEE BECAUSE I USED ATOMOS TO MAKE SOME FIRE AXES

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Oh right it has to be slotted in a pistol/secondary, right?

KULLSTAR TIME BAYBEEEE BECAUSE I USED ATOMOS TO MAKE SOME FIRE AXES
It has to be put in a secondary, but you don't need to do the thing WITH the secondary.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zereth posted:

It has to be put in a secondary, but you don't need to do the thing WITH the secondary.

I'm gonna fly up there and punch them!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

If you can stomach the trade channel, buying then melting down maxed /garbage rivens can get you chunks of endo.

dont buy direct from the market its horrible

How much are we talking? 15-17 plat gets you a full pineapple which is 3500 Endo, can a 20 plat riven do that?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
primetime 228: i didn't know megan voiced oberon

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

How much are we talking? 15-17 plat gets you a full pineapple which is 3500 Endo, can a 20 plat riven do that?

quote:

The total Endo gain from dissolving a Riven mod is equal to the following formula, rounded up:
100 × (Mastery Rank - 8) + 22.5 × 2Mod Rank+ 200 × Rerolls.
For example, the base value for an unranked, unrolled mod with a Mastery Rank requirement of 13 would be: 100 × (13 − 8) + 22.5 × 20 + 0 × 200 = 522.5, rounded up to 523.

according to the wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

a garbage riven with a high number of rerolls might be worthwhile

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 14, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HundredBears posted:

The wiki tends to be best for that sort of information. It will tell you drop chance and rotation, both of which are nice to know when farming something. For Serration, though, the highest drop chance is in the clan dojo. People have plenty of the basic damage/multishot/elemental damage/critical chance/critical damage mods lying around, so just ask for them in chat and be sure to have a few thousand credits for each mod that you need so that you can afford the trade tax.

ill try to get one myself first and ask for one if i get frustrated. gotta teach myself to fish. on that note, can you tell me how to read this?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Awesome! posted:

ill try to get one myself first and ask for one if i get frustrated. gotta teach myself to fish. on that note, can you tell me how to read this?

Tiers are mission difficulties, generally 0-15 enemy level is Tier 1, 16-30 is Tier 2 and 30+ is Tier 3. Some rewards only drop on certain tiers. Rotation depends on mission type but refers to the drop tables when you get a reward. The standard rotation is AABC, so the first 2 rewards are from the rotation A table, the 3rd from rotation B and the 4th from rotation C. So on a Spy mission the first vault completed would be rotation A, the second rotation B and the third rotation C. Defense and survival rotations every 5 waves/minutes. This is why people generally don't do more than 20 waves or minutes of those, since the enemies keep getting harder but the reward rotation resets.

So on that chart, the top line means that item would have a 1.58% chance to drop from any Dark Sector defense mission (the infested only missions at the end of most starchart paths) on the 3rd rotation (15 waves). The best thing toi do to get the thing though would be Tier 1 Spy missions, where it would have a 9% chance to drop if you clear all 3 vaults. That's probably the best way to go since then you can also possibly get the Ivara part.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Different difficulty missions (that's the tier number there) have different reward tables and the reward tables will rotate over endless missions. That's showing the chance of whatever you're looking at dropping on a given rotation.

So on the first line, if you complete 2 rounds of a Dark Sector defense (10 minutes) there's a 1.58% chance whatever it is will drop as a reward at the end of the second round.

If you look at the mission types in the wiki, it will tell you what node falls under what tier.

e: gently caress

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok thanks. and that is completely separate from the chance of an enemy dropping the part right? the only enemies that have a chance to drop the mod directly are the specific ones listed in the enemy section?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Awesome! posted:

ok thanks. and that is completely separate from the chance of an enemy dropping the part right? the only enemies that have a chance to drop the mod directly are the specific ones listed in the enemy section?

Yep, if an enemy has a chance of dropping a thing that's a constant. Though certain enemies will only appear in a certain tileset, or above a certain level.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I finally figured out that all the inbox messages are saved. Thanks Caveadapted for those slots from a while ago.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
There are so many things in the dojo, what are some good sub 8 mastery blueprints I should buy?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ianmacdo posted:

There are so many things in the dojo, what are some good sub 8 mastery blueprints I should buy?

The Baza is MR7 and a fantastic silent SMG. The Atomos is MR5 and one of the best secondaries in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Atomos is a market blueprint.