Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It was an exceptionally inept joke.

Was the “hth” too much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Of course he's leaking, both from his mouth, and into his adult diapers. The amount of dementia in this administration is staggering. If Kennedy's White House is remembered as Camelot, Trump's is going to be remembered as, like, Shady Pines.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Interestingly enough, unlike in the US (and maybe the UK and Australia?), the Israeli Knesset has committees which are traditionally chaired and controlled by members of the opposition. A notable example is the Committee for State Oversight. No shadow ministers, though.

Committees are usually cross party in the UK.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ibra_Joudeh/status/1072340196438540290?s=19

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Oh. Well then.

I thought the joke was that since she was celebrating Hanukkah, it would be no surprise she had Jewish ancestry.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Australian parliamentary committees have non-government members sitting on and chairing them, but I don't think there's a traditional opposition committee per se.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Double Punctuation posted:

Oh. Well then.

I thought the joke was that since she was celebrating Hanukkah, it would be no surprise she had Jewish ancestry.

I just thought it was hilarious because after all the ways the right have tried to demonize her she comes out with "guess what I'm Jewish too"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Sure, sure. " accidentally" christ.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump insults female reports to treat them equally.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Committees are usually cross party in the UK.

In the US also.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AlbieQuirky posted:

In the US also.

But the minority doesn't have subpoena powers nor does it chair the committees. In Israel an opposition member is the chair. Right now it is chaired by Shelly Yachimovich, of Labor.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CrazyinRussia/status/1072954264140570625

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just ripping off Big Guy, the most patriotic American mecha, I mean robot.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Large age differences can put stress on a relationship.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1073165159982616577

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IXyujNbVE

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It was wrong all along to take a bong from man in a thong: lawsuit

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Yeah right...”malfunction”...judgement day gets closer each year.

If you want to vomit and see the article which has uncensored pictures of the guy in the hospital, here’s the link, broken up to prevent accidental clicking...

:nms: :nws: :nws: :nms:

https :// w w w .thesun.co.uk/news/7954270/factory-robot-malfunctions-and-impales-worker-with-10-foot-long-steel-spikes/

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

quote:

Last year, a construction worker miraculously survived after he was electrocuted, thrown from his workstation and then impaled through the anus by a four-foot steel bar.

Yep robots are going to kill us all. The last part of that article lists a ton of horrifying robot mishaps.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Scathach posted:

Yep robots are going to kill us all. The last part of that article lists a ton of horrifying robot mishaps.

I am protected.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

"Electrocution" is death by electric shock. *noises of frustration*

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I am protected.

Pretty sure Impalerbot can throw some foot-long spears up a staircase.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Scathach posted:

Pretty sure Impalerbot can throw some foot-long spears up a staircase.

Ahh, so that's the terrible secret of space.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Scathach posted:

This is almost a Naked Gun gag, holy poo poo

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Shifty Nipples posted:

"Electrocution" is death by electric shock. *noises of frustration*

Fight the good fight. I'm right there with you.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

trapped mouse posted:

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES

:discourse:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"Hello, this is the captain speaking. We are looking for the owner of a lonely heart."

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1073314115383386113

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"Hello, this is the captain speaking. We are looking for the owner of a lonely heart."

Has anyone seen a very stoned golden retriever around here? I was taking him to the hospital, but he bolted out the window as soon as I got near the airport.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkXSSEU5nko

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But the minority doesn't have subpoena powers nor does it chair the committees. In Israel an opposition member is the chair. Right now it is chaired by Shelly Yachimovich, of Labor.

That’s an extremely cool and good idea.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AlbieQuirky posted:

That’s an extremely cool and good idea.

It just boggles my mind that an oversight committee would be chaired by a member of the same party (or coalition in the case of a multi-party system) as the executive. What interest have they in digging up dirt?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It just boggles my mind that an oversight committee would be chaired by a member of the same party (or coalition in the case of a multi-party system) as the executive. What interest have they in digging up dirt?

A lot of our system assumes people will operate in good faith at all times.

As we've seen since 2009, when one party decides to stop doing that, the whole thing collapses.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

In the Scandinavian system, all parties have spokespersons for a bunch topics, some spokesperson have multiple topis. They have a mandate to speak for their parties, basically.

Say the foreign policy minister (who is usually from the governing party, but is currently from a coalition party), every other party has a spokesperson that the media also consults. Usually the media only checks in with the 3-4 biggest parties or the most controversial ones.

Turns out, they're all from the same families, they're independtly wealthy, and they never worked a day in their life. They all need to go into the guillotine.

---

Apologies for the watermark

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
We need to get a twitter troll farm spun up to sow discord among the spider factions and prevent them from cooperating. STAT!