Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

BattleMaster posted:

I thought Pachinko took a poo poo with Japan opening up gambling laws so people have things to gamble on other than quasi-legal pinball bullshit. I also heard that's why Konami is putting more attention into video games and their video game licenses lately

They are but Konami is in Las Vegas now and is making a ton of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yah konami makes real gambling machines and has for years

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Takoluka posted:

even if they completely reverse course and give fans literally everything they ever want.

big if

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I'd be fine with Konami if they filled out MGS5 with some DLC to finish the story parts and kept making quality Metal Gear games. Without Kojima is fine. Just don't give me trash like Survive.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It's crazy, any way you slice it, Konami, from a company stand point, made the right decision.

https://www.konami.com/ir/en/financialinfo/sales.html

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It was fun flying into Vegas and seeing the big Konami building.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Real hurthling! posted:

Yah konami makes real gambling machines and has for years

I used to work for Spielo (now IGT), doing sound and music for slot machine games, and I was kind of blown away when I learned that one of our competitors was THE Konami.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You could always pull an EA and just insert the gambling straight into the games instead.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I used to work for Spielo (now IGT), doing sound and music for slot machine games, and I was kind of blown away when I learned that one of our competitors was THE Konami.

Wow that sounds like a neat job. Creating slot machines is literally video game development, and I'd love to read more about it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mewtwo is a trash character for trash people. All that stands between me and having everyone.

:qq:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Mewtwo is a trash character for trash people. All that stands between me and having everyone.

Yeah why play Mewtwo when Lucario exists?

Is he considered an Echo character?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Can you not beat him or something?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah why play Mewtwo when Lucario exists?

Is he considered an Echo character?

why would he be an echo

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

He has just beaten me twice, but each time it has been really close.

Switching to main Duck Hunt instead of Bowser may be a mistake.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Brother Entropy posted:

why would he be an echo

I dunno. I don't remember how Mewtwo plays except that Lucario seemed to fill a similar role.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I dunno. I don't remember how Mewtwo plays except that Lucario seemed to fill a similar role.

they have one similar move

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lucario is the echo

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
If you're fighting people in the World of Light it can be easier. Nothing like coming into a battle Giant and destroying them in two or three smash attacks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mewtwo is good now and was good in 4. He only sucked in his debut in Melee.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has Mewtwo always had this black coloring as an alt? Because this is my first time noticing it and has made Mewtwo extremely powerful.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Hover is on sale for 12.49, and it’s been on my radar for a while. Worth it??

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's ten dollars too much, imo.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

thatfuturekid posted:

Ugh, every time someone talks about that game I get excited thinking I can play Hover! on the switch.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is Mantis Burn Racing still the go-to for pickup racing?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Are there any good Metroidvanias for the Switch that are easier, combat wise than Hollow Knight? Something more Castlevania: PoR than Dark Souls.

I like exploration, backtracking and stuff, but I hate the Hollow Knight combat and wish the developers added an easy mode for uncoordinated idiots like me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yokos island express

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Yokos island express
This. 1000 times this.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

Ugh, every time someone talks about that game I get excited thinking I can play Hover! on the switch.

You’re not the only one

Weedle
May 31, 2006

If there’s any sign that Western culture is on a decline it’s that Windows 95 came with Hover and Windows 10 comes with Candy Crush.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

TheHeadSage posted:

Are there any good Metroidvanias for the Switch that are easier, combat wise than Hollow Knight? Something more Castlevania: PoR than Dark Souls.

I like exploration, backtracking and stuff, but I hate the Hollow Knight combat and wish the developers added an easy mode for uncoordinated idiots like me.

if you like metroid fusion, check out iconoclasts. although not if you have a ps4, because its free on ps4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yacht Club loving owns and I hope they get to do this

https://www.destructoid.com/shovel-knight-s-creators-are-hankering-to-take-a-crack-at-a-new-rusty-s-real-deal-baseball-535041.phtml

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

thatfuturekid posted:

Hover is a good game but the Switch is not the platform for it. The text in the Switch version is almost illegible in handheld mode and it makes the game pretty unbearable to play. If PC is an option I would take that, otherwise I'd just pass unless you really, really, really need a weird indie attempt at Jet Set Radio in your life.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

TheHeadSage posted:

SteamWorld Dig 2.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TheHeadSage posted:

My good friend, have you explored Steamworld Dig 2?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Having beaten Katamari, decided LA Noire is not for me, and not being able to play Smash until Christmas, I'm back to Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter is still good.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, unfortunately I'm about 90% of the way through Monster Boy and ... at this point I'm soft locked and can't progress through the game because an NPC won't advance the current plot. Apparently there are other places where this can happen as well. I had multiple other times playing the game where I had to Close Software because I was completely hard locked. There are a also lot of other weird minor bugs going on with the game all the time, but none of them are really a huge issue besides those ones.

So not that almost anyone was paying attention to the game in the first place, but I'd recommend staying away from this one until they put out some patches for it. Really a shame too because the game, when it's actually functioning correctly, is really good.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well, unfortunately I'm about 90% of the way through Monster Boy and ... at this point I'm soft locked and can't progress through the game because an NPC won't advance the current plot. Apparently there are other places where this can happen as well. I had multiple other times playing the game where I had to Close Software because I was completely hard locked. There are a also lot of other weird minor bugs going on with the game all the time, but none of them are really a huge issue besides those ones.

So not that almost anyone was paying attention to the game in the first place, but I'd recommend staying away from this one until they put out some patches for it. Really a shame too because the game, when it's actually functioning correctly, is really good.

I was paying attention to it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

bushisms.txt posted:

It's crazy, any way you slice it, Konami, from a company stand point, made the right decision.

https://www.konami.com/ir/en/financialinfo/sales.html

Yeah capitalism is pretty stupid

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

How's the World Of FF port?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has Mewtwo always had this black coloring as an alt? Because this is my first time noticing it and has made Mewtwo extremely powerful.

It was in the last one; surprised they didn't make it look little more like Shadow Mewtwo a la Pokkén Tournament