Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That sealed subpoena case that the news thinks is trump appealing an order to appear will have oral arguments tomorrow 12/14. I wouldn't be surprised if reporters start identifying lawyers and using that to name who the secret witness is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

chaos timeline challenge:

name five major events that occurred this year without using the internet to cheat

lightning round challenge:

name five major events that occurred last year without using the internet to cheat

final challenge:

name one mass shooting from this year and last year

2018: Cohen arrested and offices raided, Flynn arrested and pled guilty, Sean Spicer quits and is replied by Huckabee Sanders, Camp Fire, that big rear end hurricane in the Marinara Islands.

2017: Multiple staff changes in the White House, that SCOTUS judge who didn't rape anyone is confirmed (Neil something), Navy SEALS murder a Green Beret for snitching on them, war in Syria ramps up and Raqqia is leveled, the Muslim Ban is signed and then struck down for being unconstitutional.

2017: Las Vegas, hot yoga in Tampa, that church in Texas
2018: Thousand Oaks, Stoneman High School, Pittsburgh synagogue.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

name five major events that occurred this year without using the internet to cheat

name five major events that occurred last year without using the internet to cheat

final challenge:

without cheating:

Bitcoin Crashes to $3200, Manafort manafucked, Cohen to prison, James Wohl in babby's first libel campaign, Stan Lee got snapped(jesus these all happened in only the past 3 months didn't they)

Bitcoin is $19,000, no one went to donnie's big inauguration party but they were all actually lying about it because it was the bigliest, That muslim ban went through two or three drafts before being stopped then started again I think? Big Dick Strats got a seal killed in Yemen, and two seals killed a green beret

A white guy shot up a synagogue, a white guy shot up a black church

what do I win?Nothing because Dylann Roof was in 2016 :negative:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 13, 2018

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

That Works posted:

Oh haha this is super easy dude.

*thinks for a few seconds*

Oh gently caress

I too have loving nothing, I think 2018 has given me a stroke.

Chaos:
US-China Trade war
German right wing/fascist riots
A president died, almost nobody cared
Novichok; we're still fairly pissed off about this
Royal Wedding in the UK

Lightning:
You crashed two destroyers due to treating your sailors appallingly, command surprisingly didn't seem to care a whole lot.
Lewis Hamilton won the F1 championship (I got nothing)
What even was 2017.

Final:
Las Vegas
If I went through the figures for civilian shootings in the US (and you actually released them reasonably), I could probably statistically argue that 2017/18 was a continuous mass shooting.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
not gonna lie my dudes, half of these things listed caused me to go 'oh...yeah' because i forgot they happened entirely

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Vasudus posted:

final challenge:

I might have the timing on one or two of these wrong:

2018: Eagles win the Superbowl, DACA Shutdown, Theresa May calls for elections that backfire spectacularly on the Tories, genocial maniac elected in Brazil, Russian attempted nerve agent assassination in Britain

2017: ISIS effectively defeated, Jim Comey fired, Hurricanes Harvey and Maria, the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Turkey votes for new constitution that gave Erdrogan unprecedented power

2018: The school in Florida

2017: Las Vegas

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, same. I was thinking about 2017 big events and was shocked that it's been less than 2 years of :chaostrump:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Hexyflexy posted:

What even was 2017.

A simpler time...much as 2018 will be when we look back from the hellscape of 2019.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I had to scroll past most of the challenge entries because I cannot bear to relive that again.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Parkland being 2018 blows my mind.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I don't remember if Daily Beast is reputable or not, but they're reporting Mueller phase 2 involves the middle east

https://www.thedailybeast.com/get-ready-for-muellers-phase-two-the-middle-east-connection?ref=home

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

I don't remember if Daily Beast is reputable or not, but they're reporting Mueller phase 2 involves the middle east

https://www.thedailybeast.com/get-ready-for-muellers-phase-two-the-middle-east-connection?ref=home

Kush :gritin:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Jesus, Kim Jong Un (still not cheating here) set off an H-bomb (maybe, it most likely was). When the gently caress did that happen? I watched every public source on the missile launches and a bunch of stuff on the bomb testing base carved out the top of that mountain and I literally can't remember when that happened.

gently caress 2018.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
That was the one that collapsed their test site and got them yelled at by the Chinese, wasn't it?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

ZombieApostate posted:

That was the one that collapsed their test site and got them yelled at by the Chinese, wasn't it?

Yep.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ZombieApostate posted:

What's that called, mountain capping or popping or something? I think it was Vas who detailed how loving dangerous it was.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie hasn't talked about his Bigly deal with new best friend Fatty Un for a while.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember in Woodward's book about how there's a big planning meeting, poo poo gets decided and agreed to, OK we're done here and accomplished something.

Then nothing happens, what the gently caress? Turns out "uh well right after the meeting Jared came up to us and said 'all that stuff, never mind don't do any of it' so we didn't".

Imagine that guy as Chief of Staff, just slashing red tape left and right :sever:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
people legitimately thought that trump brought peace to the korean peninsula lol, even on these very forums

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Hexyflexy posted:

And as predicted, the French police found the guy that did the shooting, and shot him.

"negotiations have been successful"

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I'm honestly surprised with the protests more attacks weren't committed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trumps gunna pardon himself for his dealings with Cohen.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mods changed my name posted:

people legitimately thought that trump brought peace to the korean peninsula lol, even on these very forums

ah yes “free market capitalism with fox North Korea” was an interesting take.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
trump cant even be like his mentor and take meth, he has to take the bitch version, dextroamphetamine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Doc Hawkins posted:

He's too dumb to do it and will probably never have to but it would rule to see a sitting US President flee the country

Oh man yeah that would actually own.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh man yeah that would actually own.

Question, if that would actually happen, would the secret service stop the FBI or US Marshalls from arresting him?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There was that pantsless waffle house shooter in Nashville earlier this year. And a church shooter in roughly the same area that the AF hosed up submitting paperwork to make sure his dishonorable discharged rear end couldn't buy a gun in a shop.

E: got my shootings mixed up, the nashville church one from '17 killed 1, wounded 6.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 14, 2018

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

Trumps gunna pardon himself for his dealings with Cohen.

I hope he does it now so that it can be settled in 2019 that he can’t actually do it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

BigDave posted:

Question, if that would actually happen, would the secret service stop the FBI or US Marshalls from arresting him?

Yea are the secret service like house hold guards? Like if Obama molly wops Trump do both sets of secret service agents draw on each other?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Sadly they just act as bouncers and drag both principles away from each other.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

M_Gargantua posted:

Sadly they just act as bouncers and drag both principles away from each other.

Yeah but what if Trump orders Air Force One to Moscow so he can avoid being pinched by the Feds?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea are the secret service like house hold guards? Like if Obama molly wops Trump do both sets of secret service agents draw on each other?

People were ask this because they were wonderin what would happen if Trump crashed Barbrara Bush's funeral and Dubya took a swing and I don't think we ever got a satisfactory answer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Man, now I wish I'd taken a picture of the billboard I saw last weekend advertising for the Secret Service. They must be hard up if they think a billboard between Pueblo and Colorado Springs will do any good.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

final challenge:

2018: TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP

2017: TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 14, 2018

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/...ingawful.com%2F

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Watch for auto-playing videos

Intel panel referring cases to Mueller

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/421318-intel-panel-plans-to-refer-more-cases-of-suspected-lying-to-mueller

Chucky might have a backbone

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/421203-schumer-says-dems-wont-budge-on-trump-wall-demand

:trumppop:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421327-ex-us-attorney-mueller-absolutely-has-trumps-tax-returns

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

FULL RETARD.

Hi guys just another reminder we're getting away from casual use of this word. Please find a a different adjective.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

EBB posted:

Hi guys just another reminder we're getting away from casual use of this word. Please find a a different adjective.

FULL TRUMP!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

EBB posted:

Republican.

e: ^^ It's too obvious an idea :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EBB posted:

Full Trump?

EDIT: damnit, beaten. How about Full Kushner, or Full Kush?