Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:yeah: Would get one!

e: Oh boy, first post on new page. Here's a Tae!

x

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

My God...they're JoJoing!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I feel bad for poor Tae guys... She was so happy to see her friend again!

Also

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 13, 2018

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Crunchyroll's Twitter account is dedicated to this show for today. Anyway, that bar Kotaro visits is definitely very interesting. Jofuku is the Japanese name for the ancient Chinese alchemist Xu Fu, who was sent out by Qin Shi Huang to search for the elixir of life. Many believe his second journey which he never returned from landed him in Japan, where he spread agricultural and medical knowledge from China.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Were those sound effects always there in the op?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

No, they were added in this episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dowmansayman/status/1073219834840678400

fanart by the voynich hotel mangaka

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I'm curious how they'll wrap up the end of season, and if they ended try to explain any of the mysteries they've been throwing around.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

Demicol posted:

No, they were added in this episode.

have they been adding new sfx with every episode?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

If they have I only noticed them now. Think there were some sfx in the fight scene previously but not the other ones.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think theres been some sound effects here and there but this ep had a ton.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They taking a page out of Jojo and having SFX in the intro

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That means that no OP next week (although I expect to hear the song)... :smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Poor Sakura is dead from the most horrific thing of all real life being awful

This episode was big mood and you can tell Saki didn't take it well at all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also Rolling stone cover!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1073374767061839872

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Crunchyroll is streaming the first two episodes and the chat is exactly what you would expect, full of people who think they are way funnier then they actually are and tossing around slurs

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, life just kept on dumping it on poor Sakura. Like yeah, at times it felt like too much, but I guess I sorta understand her. Kinda want to give the poor girl a hug. :ohdear:

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Holy poo poo, life just kept on dumping it on poor Sakura. Like yeah, at times it felt like too much, but I guess I sorta understand her. Kinda want to give the poor girl a hug. :ohdear:

She spent the entire season wanting her memory back, now she’s has to learn the hard way that no, she really didn’t need them. I hope we get a very happy ending for Egg and the rest of Franchouchou (along with a second season announcement)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wark Say posted:

It's amazing twist that Sakura felt more alive as a zombie than she did when she was alive

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Exia posted:

She spent the entire season wanting her memory back, now she’s has to learn the hard way that no, she really didn’t need them. I hope we get a very happy ending for Egg and the rest of Franchouchou (along with a second season announcement)

The BD's are being pre-ordered in crazy numbers so I see no reason to not either do a second season or a movie to tie things up.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sakura's voice actress mentioned some time ago that it depended on both merch selling or tourism to saga improving, both happened so a sequel or OVAs are inevitable

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I forget is this show 12 eps or 13? This didn't feel quite like the penultimate.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

MAL says 12.

I'm anxious to see how they wrap it up.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Saga is 2018's Washimiya

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There's only one way it can end, right?

With the Legendary Yamada Tae's personal song.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We'll never know what Yugiri would have said. She definitely had something ready.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
an aesthetically perfect frown followed by the most exquisite slap

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

very relatable

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I identified with past Sakura a lot and it made me sad too.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://i.imgur.com/ZVsCIyV.gifv

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"stop that"

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

Ibblebibble posted:

I identified with past Sakura a lot and it made me sad too.

yeah, that was very 2008 for me too.

also, like holy poo poo, it feels like the next day after seeing Iron Frill she dies. Didn't even know Ai had died at all.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Understanding posted:

yeah, that was very 2008 for me too.

also, like holy poo poo, it feels like the next day after seeing Iron Frill she dies. Didn't even know Ai had died at all.

It’s kind of scary to think that if she’d lived a few more months, she would have seen Ai’s death. I imagine that would probably have pushed her over the edge to see her idol die so suddenly and horribly

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Definitely reinforces Kotaro's these for his picks though - Girls who died before their prime. Some closer than others, what with being a hugely successful idol or biker queen of the area, but still, cut down before the top.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Finished catching up on this series. Saki is best corpse, though the other girls are pretty close seconds.

Theory: Tae Yamada was "awake" this whole time, but this is just how she is. Really, what's more legendary than a girl trying to chomp on a wild boar?

Also wasn't expecting the anime about zombies trying to make it as an idol group to be so wholesome but there we are.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Tae being depressed in the corner making a noise when Sakura was rejecting them was hilarious.

...Also those were some extremely detailed rail warnings for some reason.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dessel posted:

Tae being depressed in the corner making a noise when Sakura was rejecting them was hilarious.

...Also those were some extremely detailed rail warnings for some reason.

My guess? Someone died leaning on the railing. And it'll come up somehow.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

T-man posted:

My guess? Someone died leaning on the railing. And it'll come up somehow.

The entire time I was expecting a joke where the railing breaks and Sakura tumbled down the hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Exia posted:

The entire time I was expecting a joke where the railing breaks and Sakura tumbled down the hill

Or here comes Saki on a motorcycle yet again