Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ciel, mon mari!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Toplowtech posted:

'Cocu' and like said sooner like in english it's also derived from the french for the cuckoo bird and the central subject for a tons of late 19th century vaudeville theater acts which make the current "CUCK" phase of American politics really really funnier than it should be.

Yeah, pretty much, its really a dumb insult

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
cuckofan

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniYN3sXmGg&t=58s

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
I like cuck/cucked as an insult and I wish the better side of the culture war had claimed it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
He's wearing the horns of the cuck

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I'm cocoa for cuckolpuffs

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

eighty-four merc posted:

I like cuck/cucked as an insult and I wish the better side of the culture war had claimed it

mark cuckerberg is better than anything we've been left with

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

well fellas if any of y’all is in Paris this morning come hang around the Société Générale on boulevard Haussman, we’re having a nonviolent action to call them out on their antiecological practices today between 10 and 11

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

hey look mommy i’m in Le Monde (‘s journalist’s twitter feed)

https://twitter.com/remibx/status/1073513194163978240

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

are you one of the cops

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Stay safe Algeria ghost

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

nah i’m the fat boy getting dragged away

relevant article: https://www.lemonde.fr/climat/article/2018/12/14/climat-operation-de-nettoyage-a-la-societe-generale_5397317_1652612.html

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
congrats fatboy

death comes for us all

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

🍋

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

lemondeparti.org

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1073307218022461441?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

haha the elites are mad that the left co-opted their love letter to oil companies

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

macron: i don't understand, i keep sending police to beat them so why do the protesters keep getting angrier??

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yinlock posted:

macron: i don't understand, i keep sending police to beat them so why do the protesters keep getting angrier??

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yinlock posted:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzCOFER-4hI

Sunshine of mine, have a glance at me now.

My palm has turned into a fist.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lmao @ the bug-eyed bastard who looks like a sex monster

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
yo what the gently caress is that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Centrist scum, advance to the guillotine

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

Leader of the liberals in the European Parliament.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Ya know, if you get one giant razor blade, you could turn the arc d'triomphe into one giant guillotine 🤔

ssera
Aug 9, 2007

cool dance moves posted:

Ya know, if you get one giant razor blade, you could turn the arc d'triomphe into one giant guillotine 🤔

You could make it into a quad-guillotine (one blade per arch).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

'Cocu' and like said sooner like in english it's also derived from the french for the cuckoo bird and the central subject for a tons of late 19th century vaudeville theater acts which make the current "CUCK" phase of American politics really really funnier than it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKuw71YBbI

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

That but with boater hats.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Eester en sécurité Algeria.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Flowers For Algeria posted:

hey look mommy i’m in Le Monde (‘s journalist’s twitter feed)

https://twitter.com/remibx/status/1073513194163978240

Goonspeed Flowers, you will be fondly remembered! As for myself I'll be breathing teargas for fun tomorrow. :v:

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Goonspeed Flowers, you will be fondly remembered! As for myself I'll be breathing teargas for fun tomorrow. :v:

same tbh. i’m supposed to meet up with a friend at some point but I have no idea how to find anyone in a crowd like this

anyway they didn’t lock us up (i think they didn’t want to bother with nonviolent activists), just moved us around a bit, then we’d sit down again and they’d drag us away again. the only thing that really wasn’t cool was when they pepper sprayed a group of us when we resisted a bit too much. but my arms and one of my legs are sore, must be where they grabbed us. when the demonstration ended, i just stood up again and went to work and now I’m doing my part weakening the state by posting from work instead of answering my emails

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Flowers For Algeria posted:

same tbh. i’m supposed to meet up with a friend at some point but I have no idea how to find anyone in a crowd like this

anyway they didn’t lock us up (i think they didn’t want to bother with nonviolent activists), just moved us around a bit, then we’d sit down again and they’d drag us away again. the only thing that really wasn’t cool was when they pepper sprayed a group of us when we resisted a bit too much. but my arms and one of my legs are sore, must be where they grabbed us. when the demonstration ended, i just stood up again and went to work and now I’m doing my part weakening the state by posting from work instead of answering my emails

a goon hero :anarchists:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i haven’t kept up with the news are there still millions of frenchies marching in the streets screaming we want trump

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
If there's any truth to the media reports that the protests include members of the far right and the far left, would they not be beating each other up? My instinct is that it's mostly people on the far left confronting the cops and that the far right is sat at home taking credit online, but it seems impossible to find any coverage that confirms or denies this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mariana Horchata posted:

A Belgian.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

i haven’t kept up with the news are there still millions of frenchies marching in the streets screaming we want trump

No, the president asked them not to :shobon:

Bulbo
Nov 4, 2012

Biomute posted:

If there's any truth to the media reports that the protests include members of the far right and the far left, would they not be beating each other up? My instinct is that it's mostly people on the far left confronting the cops and that the far right is sat at home taking credit online, but it seems impossible to find any coverage that confirms or denies this.

The protests are a spontenaous cry of anger against a centrist president, both far-right and far-left groups are actively trying to coopt them for obvious reasons. Lefties seem to dominate the conversation for now, but it's not very clear cut (nothing is when the defining characteristic of a movement is "no formal organisation").

There's a few pics/videos upthreads of fafs getting thrown out of protests when they tried to fly their true colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

we’ll see about that tomorrow

Biomute posted:

somewhat, yeah
it’d be more accurate to say that there’s a large mass of yellow vests who don’t necessarily have a fully-formed coherent ideology aside from a few key policy points they’re agitating for. in fact many of them describe themselves as apolitical. among the policies some/many yellow vests support are such policies as a tightened control of immigration and the expulsion of undocumented immigrants. very few actually publicize these beliefs in the demonstrations themselves, and some/many disagree or have no opinion

my analysis is that this mass of gjs comes to the demonstrations but does not participate in the violence. they watch the fireworks, they chant macron démission and the marseillaise, they breathe in the gas, but they don’t really break stuff

then there are the leftists and anarchists who break stuff and fight the police. some rioters/looters also do it for the fun of it.

i haven’t really seen the far-right. i’ve heard some of them got beat up by antifa last saturday which makes me smile. on the internet, they claim an ideological proximity with the gjs but i’d be wary of their analysis. there’s also the fact that the media has selected a couple right-wingers as their favorite representatives of the movement and gets them on television, which tars the entire movement

Flowers For Algeria has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Dec 14, 2018