Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Ash rules. Just a ton of sustained character growth of you watch the whole series. I love him, great role model for kids. He's brave, good sportsmanship, strong sense of fairness and right and wrong, loyal to friends. I am very happy to watch his adventures with my five year old. Very positive model of like an ideal child.

My five year old was a loving mess when Litten's Stoutland friend died though. Holy poo poo that episode hit hard.

He still should have been replaced a decade ago. As of now, he’s the most generic of 90s era anime protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why is Ash fighting Zeraora in both the anime and the movie?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's the only way to be sure

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Electric Phantasm posted:

Because he thought he was a Sonic the hedgehog character so therefore he must have been in Smash

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone just told me the Meltan boxes will now summon 17 meltan per use. I can't use mine til tomorrow so will confirm if true

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Mine did two days ago.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Someone just told me the Meltan boxes will now summon 17 meltan per use. I can't use mine til tomorrow so will confirm if true

Oh word? That's cool. Maybe it'll shave a week off the project. It'll certainly make it easier if I want a spare for Go.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Yeah I got 18 when I did mine on Monday night. Come prepared with pinap berries! Only 2 more weeks for a Melmetal for me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's good that they realized it was going a bit too slowly. But now I need to amass more Pinaps. Good thing I can spin a stop repeatedly at my workplace every now and again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat I only got 22 pinaps. They kick out enough that might not be enough. I still gotta pinap every Magikarp and starter.

Also I really need to find a Pokemon I can item evolve. I've got every item except I'm out of sinnoh stones, but nowhere near enough candy in any of them

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

In Everyone's Story, he's fighting it to knock some sense into it that all humans aren't evil (Hello Mewtwo/Volcanion character plot threads, nice to see you again)

In SM100, he's fighting it to prove to Dia that he's capable of taking care of himself - Dia's less than impressed with Ash and he's great for finally hammering home how irritating Ash it because he doesn't shut up and jumps into danger without a second thought

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Now that we've gotten the Johto mascot movies out of the way, what's the likelihood we'll finally get Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza: Pocket Monsters All-Out Attack?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well next year is the 5th Mewtwo movie, so, uh, you've got the Mega Evolution specials.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wasn't Rayquaza in the Hoopa movie? Ash mega evolved it.

Also my keyboard autocompletes Rayquaza

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
*throws out entire supply of razz and nanab berries, for they are the devils fruit*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Always keep a few nanab for your research "throw x great curve balls in a row" . I can throw excellent curve balls on a lot of Pokemon with good consistency of they stay still

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Always keep a few nanab for your research "throw x great curve balls in a row" . I can throw excellent curve balls on a lot of Pokemon with good consistency of they stay still

I'm not sure I've ever actually used a razz berry or a nanab berry

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

In Everyone's Story, he's fighting it to knock some sense into it that all humans aren't evil (Hello Mewtwo/Volcanion character plot threads, nice to see you again)

In SM100, he's fighting it to prove to Dia that he's capable of taking care of himself - Dia's less than impressed with Ash and he's great for finally hammering home how irritating Ash it because he doesn't shut up and jumps into danger without a second thought

Isn't Dia the name for one of the manga protagonists?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Kind of a random note, but I appreciate the developers putting in the standard picture of the history of the universe/big bang in the Pewter City Museum of Science. A nice touch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eeyo posted:

Kind of a random note, but I appreciate the developers putting in the standard picture of the history of the universe/big bang in the Pewter City Museum of Science. A nice touch.

looks like it's showing how condoms work

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

bowmore posted:

looks like it's showing how condoms work

Proof that God made the universe and that He loves safe sex

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eeyo posted:

Chansey is an absolute unit

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Isn't Dia the name for one of the manga protagonists?

It's his nickname, short for Diamond, but yes. Both have nothing in common with each other though, it's just a coincidence.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Nth Doctor posted:

Here are Lugia / Ho-Oh codes from the last giveaway of the year:

A885 2PQY REL8 QZGM

A885 2PWL GY2R W8PQ

Took the 2nd one, 4th one was already used.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon battling is live as of this morning. I've tried it in training, has anyone tried it with another trainer yet?

I'm wondering how likely I am too get a sinnoh stone. I really need one, then I can finish step 6 of celebi research and sync that up with my day seven streak bonuses, and probably finish step 7 that same day. Also on pace to finish step 6 of mew research the same day so I can rack up a lot of lucky egg xp bonuses.

Well I looked it up I likely won't catch 40 grass and psychic types in one day but could easily catch 50 using a berry for mew, and could easily get excellent curve ball for both (probably before my lucky egg expires).

I do wonder maybe I could catch 50 berried Pokemon in 30 minutes.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 13, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trip report: Did my first battle and indeed got a sinnoh stone.

Also got 19 drat Meltan. If I get 19 next week I'll have Melmetal.

Hopefully at least one will have some decent loving stats. No luck so far.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm hoping to do a Meltan catching sesh at home while watching some videos tonight. I have a lot of Pinaps but not a lot of Ultra Balls so I'm a bit worried about my success rate. :ohdear:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Usually a great ball is sufficient. Just use a ultra if it kicks out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Okay finally bought that hot new Pokemon game, Ultra Moon!

I think I kind of love everything about Alola

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Alxprit posted:

I'm hoping to do a Meltan catching sesh at home while watching some videos tonight. I have a lot of Pinaps but not a lot of Ultra Balls so I'm a bit worried about my success rate. :ohdear:

I cant even get ultra balls, great balls have been working fine for me. Ive been tossing out all my vanilla pokeballs to make more room for pinap berries and great balls

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

THE loving MOON posted:

I cant even get ultra balls, great balls have been working fine for me. Ive been tossing out all my vanilla pokeballs to make more room for pinap berries and great balls

See that's the issue - as you level up, higher level Pokemon come to fight you. I need Ultra Balls because I find mons worthy of them. If you still haven't unlocked them you're probably not at the point where you need them yet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The new movie, "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" has been announced.

It figures now that people are done complaining that the new movies diverge too much from the version they watched as a kid, they're gonna focus on complaining that it's too much like them now that they're actually retelling part of it this time.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Alxprit posted:

See that's the issue - as you level up, higher level Pokemon come to fight you. I need Ultra Balls because I find mons worthy of them. If you still haven't unlocked them you're probably not at the point where you need them yet.

Ah well poo poo. I guess I'm kinda in the sweetspot for great balls. A couple of the tougher ones this last Monday took as many as three great balls (and pinap berries) to catch, but most went down in one, maybe two

I'm gonna want a minimum of 40 pinap berries next time the box is good to go. I can get melmetal in just two more runs as long as I get decently close to maximizing it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Okay finally bought that hot new Pokemon game, Ultra Moon!

I think I kind of love everything about Alola

:same: I missed my pkmn friends so much. Also, I can finally play dress-up which is always the true endgame.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Nodosaur posted:

The new movie, "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" has been announced.

It figures now that people are done complaining that the new movies diverge too much from the version they watched as a kid, they're gonna focus on complaining that it's too much like them now that they're actually retelling part of it this time.

It is so important - I can't stress this enough - that they do not mess up the scene where Mewtwo waves his hand around and makes the storm because that might be the most formative moment of my youth.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ash dies again but plot twist - he stays dead

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He hears Pikachu talk again while he's dying but place is just like "Oh gently caress! Oh goooood! poo poo! This is loving bad! CHANSEY! IS THERE A CHANCE ANYWHERE AROUND HERE? OH CHRIST THERE'S BLOOD EVERYWHERE"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The hell you gonna bleed to death when you’ve been turned into a rock?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ash doing what we all were thinking over the years: why's my dude such a pussy and faints when he's out of pokemon. Just do what Ash did and bash the pokemon yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

jokes posted:

Ash doing what we all were thinking over the years: why's my dude such a pussy and faints when he's out of pokemon. Just do what Ash did and bash the pokemon yourself.

Ash's 7th pokemon: Glock 18c