Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

The big advantage is that maybe one day the models would actually go together properly

The downside is that you would have to buy new faction starter packs you don't want every three months to get the latest upgrade cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Haha yeah cuz warroom isn't digital or anything haha. Oh man, those cards!!! Lol!!

Also

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Jimmy Hats posted:

Haha yeah cuz warroom isn't digital or anything haha. Oh man, those cards!!! Lol!!

Also

When the company gets stealth sold and dismanted and the Warroom servers are taken off line in the middle of the night you're gonna wish you still had your physical cards. :tinfoil:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

waah posted:

When the company gets stealth sold and dismanted and the Warroom servers are taken off line in the middle of the night you're gonna wish you still had your physical cards. :tinfoil:

Which won't be current anyway because of the CID changes to so many factions

head58
Apr 1, 2013

waah posted:

All the numbers on the cards will be replaced by symbols anyway so that ffg can use their proprietary dice (different symbols for each faction).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

head58 posted:

All the numbers on the cards will be replaced by symbols anyway so that ffg can use their proprietary dice (different symbols for each faction).

Yes, I can't wait for my titans to have "Herd" dice and my Ret opponent will have "Juke" dice, and he'll have boosted Juke attacks that will need to overcome my Herd dice to cause damage to my systems unless I managed to get a "tough skin" card from the new repacking for Troll Champions, and then he'll need to roll an extra Juke dice hit.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I can only get so erect

please stop

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gonna take madrak 1 double champs out for a spin tonight. My first full trollbloods game, wish me luck.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Luck to you. If Madrak1 still has the defense bubble it'll be a trial for your opponent.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For_Great_Justice posted:

Luck to you. If Madrak1 still has the defense bubble it'll be a trial for your opponent.

I derped (we both did really) pretty hard on a bunch of activation stuff, but ended up avoiding an assassination and pulling out the win. Double champs is good.

Also, today I DEFINITELY learned that the Judicator's flamethrowers are 10" sprays. Holy gently caress.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 5, 2018

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Yeah. Yeah they are. Glad you had fun. For what its worth I'm still an advocate of adding Wrong Eye an Snap Jaw for star crossed plus the defense bubble an having a heavy not hooked to Madrak to ease his fury.

Fun fact Ragnor can str buff Snap Jaw. Unless they changed it to FF.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For_Great_Justice posted:

Yeah. Yeah they are. Glad you had fun. For what its worth I'm still an advocate of adding Wrong Eye an Snap Jaw for star crossed plus the defense bubble an having a heavy not hooked to Madrak to ease his fury.

Fun fact Ragnor can str buff Snap Jaw. Unless they changed it to FF.

Yeah, I don't own those, but I'll definitely try that package out.

And no, they haven't changed that about Ragnor. Ragnor is honestly one of the other casters I'm writing up lists for - I love his feat, and his model is too loving cool.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

If you're starting with Ragnor, remember that his Dig in spell just gives Dig in, so as long as the model doesn't move, it can stay dug in forever.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor is extremely good and cool, I highly recommend him. He’s gross with a mountain king. Or anything, really. But deffo the MK.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Ragnor is extremely good and cool, I highly recommend him. He’s gross with a mountain king. Or anything, really. But deffo the MK.

The plan is to run him in Dhunia right now. Pagani and I dojo'd up a list at WMW that I honestly want to try out, although it's goofy as hell

https://conflictchamber.com/#c7201b_-0bfLc6czcz0j0j0jjq2Q7dfJfJ6Rfp0li-

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Power of Dhunia

[Ragnor 1] Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster [+30]
- Mountain King [36]
- Night Troll [7]
- Night Troll [7]
- Troll Bouncer [9]
- Troll Bouncer [9]
- Troll Bouncer [9]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Feralgeist [2]
Janissa Stonetide [0(4)]
Northkin Shaman [0(4)]
Northkin Shaman [4]
Troll Whelps [4]
Dhunian Knot [6]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Northkin Elder [3]

e: This is the Madrak list I ran. Only change I'm thinking about is swapping out the Champion Hero for a fell caller for Pathfinder/Mat fixing.

https://conflictchamber.com/#c7201b_-0a4N0r9Djq2Q6M6O0l0miTbKiT0b0c

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Band of Heroes

[Madrak 1] Madrak Ironhide, Thornwood Chieftain [+29]
- Dire Troll Bomber [19]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Feralgeist [2]
Stone Scribe Chronicler [4]
Trollkin Champion Hero [0(5)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Stone Scribe Elder [3]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [0(5)]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
Trollkin Fennblades (max) [15]
- Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer [5]

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 5, 2018

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Swapping for the Fell Caller is absolutely the right call. The hero is cute, but fell caller is so clutch for his abilities, and he's no slouch at combat himself. My current list has two, actually.

What's the gameplan with the Ragnor list?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Be high armor, get charged, hit things. Everything has multiple attacks, bouncers are good in scenarios and get up to pow 18

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Time to go evil and hail Satan!

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/a-gaze-into-2019

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Holy crap that is all fantastic news. I am seriously excited about that campaign book and winter campaign.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Sounds like Privateer is just fine

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Maybe infernals are gonna be horribly broken and the Wills decided to peace the gently caress out before poo poo hits the fan?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
For one glorious moment, I thought the monsterpocalypse model was a Cephalyx monstrocity. Nearly!

In other Merc news, the steelhead cid is up, with a nerf to irregulars and nomads, a few models that don't strike me as very relevant and a couple of utility solos. While I wasn't expecting much, I feel like it's a bit lacklustre. Then again, I haven't actually played in forever, what do I know, maybe it's bang on.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

A lot of that steelhead stuff looks good to me. Damiano is looking pretty hot right now.

That Infernal master model is loving :stare: awesome

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I’m shocked they’re still going forward with R I O T Q U E S T after the reception it got. Figured that was as dead as Alexa/Warroom integration.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

head58 posted:

I’m shocked they’re still going forward with R I O T Q U E S T after the reception it got. Figured that was as dead as Alexa/Warroom integration.

Hah, same. They need to erase that trailer from existence.

On the other hand, Pyg tank

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah they're gonna really need to hit it out of the park with Riot Quest to overcome that super-lovely trailer.

On the other hand, Infernals and story progression and a campaign book and Molemen and Ape monsters :fap:

I played my first 2 monster 20 unit game of Monpoc tonight, which is a vast improvement over 1 monster and 5 units. The game is actually really fun and resource management is super important.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

And chaining power attacks together is the most satisfying poo poo

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Stomping on units and body-slamming nerds into buildings owns

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm wondering if it is ever worth taking a nomad over a toro now... for one point you get +1def which can be useful against other mat6 heavies, +1arm and countercharge.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Nomad has 1" greater threat and the extra point of repair, if I remember right?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Same threat, but nomad has the bonus repair, I had forgotten about that. Nomad DOES have a fist, though. Throws can sometimes be handy.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

This is Skorne christmas week!!!! Changes supposed to go live later this week.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I didn't catch the stream today :( What did they talk about re: Skorne?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

S.J. posted:

I didn't catch the stream today :( What did they talk about re: Skorne?

From what I remember:

For all of Warmachine/Hordes
A new rule called irregulars that lets warlocks and warcasters bring certain solos that can be used for free points in any theme.

Example: Mordikaar can take void spirits in any theme whether the them lets them or not.

Skorne specifically:
-Masters of War can take ranged beasts now, not just melee.
-Masters of War can take battle engines
-Disciples of Agony can take Chiron
-IWH gets Marketh and Molik Karn
-Immortals 13 points confirmed

Can't remember anything else, but it's Skorne Christmas for sure.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

From what I remember:

For all of Warmachine/Hordes
A new rule called irregulars that lets warlocks and warcasters bring certain solos that can be used for free points in any theme.

Example: Mordikaar can take void spirits in any theme whether the them lets them or not.

So Zaal1 ftw anybody? It'll be the first time in MK3 he's had decent soul support and the ability to feed his guardians. Plus, anything to give Mordikaar a gameplan that's not the janky essence blast assassination trick would be appreciated.

quote:

Skorne specifically:
-Masters of War can take ranged beasts now, not just melee.
-Masters of War can take battle engines
-Disciples of Agony can take Chiron
-IWH gets Marketh and Molik Karn
-Immortals 13 points confirmed

So we might actually see Chiron in the wild, freed from his lovely warcaster? That is a Hoksunukah miracle. Character beasts/jacks are neat, and they really should have a place in the game outside of the 1-2 casters who can bond to them.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Testing out Garry2 tonight, because I want to play bad things. How exactly does grevious wounds interact with sanguine bond? Can you still split the damage, or can I just plink off troll champs at my leisure?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Sanguine Bond lets you move the damage around. They just can’t heal from it next turn.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Nothing for Legion? :eng99:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Lol, SUCH a kick in the nuts. Finally get a Merc CID, and the caster is Ret, and the buff to Irregulars is for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

waah posted:

From the Skorne Facebook group:

Skorne Facebook posted:

Recap of the Skorne Post Dynamic Update from the live stream today:
1. Zaal1 gains "Irregulars Ancestral Guardian" which allows him to take AGs in any theme. (Allows them to be free in theme if applicable)
2. Mordikaar gains "Irregulars Void Spirit" which allows him to take Void Spirits in any theme. (Allows them to be free in theme if applicable)
3. Agonizer gains the "Titan" key word, namely to benefit from Bronzeback's Leadership.
4. Replace the Animus on the Sentinel with Recoil.
5. Replace the Animus on the Soilder with Swarm.
6. Both Aradus Heavies gain Snacking
7. Disciples of Agony gains Chiron. Disciples of Agony can take unlimited Minion solos.
8. Imperial Warhost gains Molik Karn and Marketh. Free cards can be Krea, Agonizer, or solos.
9. Masters of War loses the restriction on ranged beasts. Gains Supreme Guardian. Supreme Guardian counts towards free points. Free cards are attachments, Tycom, and/or small/medium solos.
10. All points costs changes and rules as stated in the last CID

rkajdi posted:

So we might actually see Chiron in the wild, freed from his lovely warcaster?

Xekaar isn't that bad any more. Turns out that 3 point arc nodes with telemetry were precisely what a Fury 6 caster with an offensive spell list an no defensive tech needed to land spells like Mortality, Pursuit, and Deadweight. (He's still not setting the tournament world on fire, but Xekaar backed up by Marketh and two immortal vessels is far from a joke pick and feels just as Cryxian as Rasheth.)